Thread: We need a stun

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

We need a stun

As hunters we have a fair amount of CCs but the problem is they are just slows or breakables. Mean while other classes get to stop you and shit all over while you are stuck. and then if not a stun a better heal, freeze traping them and bandaging up isn't the same as iceblock, monk, priest and pally bubbles.
    Playing arenas and coliseum already puts us at a disadvantage with the small space and lack of self heals. So as a dps class we need to be able to wreck on a healer class faster than they can heal else stop them (counter shot just isn't as good as silence was)

Going to take a guess you've either never bothered looking at our level 30 talent row, or you've seen it but we need another stun on top of our stuns we already have since those stuns aren't stunny enough to be considered stuns.

Deleted
    what you need is the deadzone back

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    what you need is the deadzone back
    The Dead Zone?

Deleted
    that's obviously what I meant yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    that's obviously what I meant yes
    Hunters don't need another stun.
    And they don't need dead zone as well.

What's wrong with you? hunters are balanced!

Deleted
    I take deadzone back if we can get some sort of burst of autisim like rogues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    I take deadzone back if we can get some sort of burst of autisim like rogues

U mad? 10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skibabinz View Post
    Going to take a guess you've either never bothered looking at our level 30 talent row, or you've seen it but we need another stun on top of our stuns we already have since those stuns aren't stunny enough to be considered stuns.
    Intim needs a pet (don't think anyone picks it) and binding shot has flaws in that you have to land it, they have to move out from it (doesn't stop healers or other casters) Plus many other issues /watch?v=HhVHuC1NGoY

What i should have said we need a viable @target that doesn't break with damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter's CC kit is amazing right now.. We have Concussive shot, Ice trap, Freezing trap, glyphed Explosive trap, level 30 talents, if your pet is in tank spec he has a charge (1 second stun/root), the disengage that webs the ground, and then specific pet abilities (crab/spider etc). I do miss scatter shot, but we're in an excellent spot. If u need a stun that badly just dont run lone wolf and all of a sudden u have 3 extra CC's (plus a passive slow if u roll exotic munitions).

Hunters have the most cc in the game and you want to give them a reliable hard cc (other than intimidation). Okay

7+ Year Old Account
    hunters have 2 stuns
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Deleted
    like.. really?

Asking for more then what we already have is a lot. haha though they arent full stuns same as Binding shot, in the way that they arent frozen thats asking a lot. I dont know why so many people want to buff hunters. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Deleted
    I'm not talking about buffing us persay, I'd gladly trade 2 slows/breakable for a cc like sap, even one that can't be spamed. What good is stoping an enemy if you can only run away with no heals and can't damage him. It's just another reason why we aren't elutes in arenas or the coliseum. Range is our only strength but other classes have no problem catching us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    Intim needs a pet (don't think anyone picks it) and binding shot has flaws in that you have to land it, they have to move out from it (doesn't stop healers or other casters) Plus many other issues /watch?v=HhVHuC1NGoY

What i should have said we need a viable @target that doesn't break with damage
    Make them move out of it yourself. How? Drop binding shot. Glyph explosive trap. Shoot explosive trap. *Tip, they usually Wont move if they can avoid it when they see you drop that arrow. Bam. Your trap does your job by knocking them out of it and stunning them.

Or, they will be an idiot melee and just keep attacking you, not bothering with paying attention to the arrow.

Intimidate, be BM. Use intimidate. Use spider snare.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

From a purely PVE viewpoint I would love to have the ability to immediately stun with Binding Arrow if place properly again. I've missed it this expansion and requires a bit more skill than most stuns.

Deleted
    Made the switch to binding shot and yeah, pain when you miss but i gotta say I'm liking it. It's basically a better trap, without trap lancher. I still would prefer a scatter shot-esque that wasn't breakable. Can't be too mad as we are destroying in pvp and high in dps

Deleted
    No you don't.

Hunter's have enough damage and crowd control.

Isn't Intim, Binding+Explosive glyph, Freezing Trap enough?
    Last edited by Syncness; 2015-07-24 at 09:21 AM.