Thread: We need a stun

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncness View Post
    Isn't Intim, Binding+Explosive glyph, Freezing Trap enough?
    FTFY.

Intimidation and Binding Shot are mutually exclusive, Explosive Trap Glyph costs a glyph slot (which are at a premium), and Freezing Trap is still unwieldy as hell.

Personally, I think the main change that needs to be made is Wyvern Sting needs to have no cooldown, be interruptable, and replace Freezing Trap. Also, Intimidation needs to be replaced with Scatter Shot as a 3 sec stun on a 30s cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    No see i wasn't asking for more, I'm just saying take away one or two even just for an unbreakable one (again intim isn't an option with lonewolf)

15+ Year Old Account
    What we need is another root, other than the one that Survival has.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    Intim needs a pet (don't think anyone picks it) and binding shot has flaws in that you have to land it, they have to move out from it (doesn't stop healers or other casters) Plus many other issues /watch?v=HhVHuC1NGoY

What i should have said we need a viable @target that doesn't break with damage
    Binding shot into glyphed explosive trap GG /thread!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    yes it is.
    you call in your pet, use intimidation and dismiss it again at some point.
    it's not optimal, but that's the drawback you have to live with if you want lone wolf in pvp, gotta summon and dismiss your pet whenever you use it's abilities.
    HELL no, losing out enough with lonewolf to then lose the lonewolf buff. Maybe is dismiss was instant, Maybe... But also theres a nusiance with if you have you pet out in bg or before switching spec it will always be summoned on your rez.

And I already knew about binding shot and exp trap, like i said I've made the switch. prob not going back (though wish the stun was longer)

A root or a target stun yeah in exchange for a slow ofcourse. That would put us on par

STUNS
    Binding Shot: Fires a magical projectile, tethering the enemy and any other enemies within 5 yards for 10 sec, stunning them for 3 sec if they move more than 5 yards from the arrow.
    Intimidation: Command your pet to intimidate the target, stunning it for 3 sec.
    HEALING
    Spirit Bond: While your pet is active, you and your pet will regenerate 2% of total health every 2 sec. (which might I add is RIDICULOUSLY OP for passive healing on a pure DPS class)
    Exhilaration: Instantly heals you for 30% and your pet for 100% of max health.

do you even play Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    And I already knew about binding shot and exp trap, like i said I've made the switch. prob not going back (though wish the stun was longer)

A root or a target stun yeah in exchange for a slow ofcourse. That would put us on par
    After actually wasting the time to read through this entire thread..guess I'll give you a little more credit. The Hunter is pretty balanced on nearly all accounts in terms of PvP (aside from the OP self-healing of Spirit bond). The issue with PvP is on a grander scale, which can be described in depth here, mainly the following sections: us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17259176739
    VII. Mechanical Combat Design Issues
    i. Damage
    ii. Healing
    Last edited by Orionid; 2015-07-23 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionid View Post
    STUNS
    Binding Shot: Fires a magical projectile, tethering the enemy and any other enemies within 5 yards for 10 sec, stunning them for 5 sec if they move more than 5 yards from the arrow.
    Intimidation: Command your pet to intimidate the target, stunning it for 3 sec.
    HEALING
    Spirit Bond: While your pet is active, you and your pet will regenerate 2% of total health every 2 sec. (which might I add is RIDICULOUSLY OP for passive healing on a pure DPS class)
    Exhilaration: Instantly heals you for 30% and your pet for 100% of max health.

do you even play Hunter?

Binding Shot. Requires the hunter to target it on the ground. Requires the target to not move, meaning that if the target is a healer or another ranged, who technically don't need to move, they can just wait until the effect expires and the arrow no longer stuns if they move. Also classes like warriors (bladestorm), rogues (cloak of shadows), dks (doesn't matter, they got a million cc breakers anyway), etc can just preemptively pop some shit when they see the blueish color on the ground and it won't stun them.
    Intimidation requires the pet to be on the target, and it's only a 3 sec stun in a game where almost all stuns last at least 5 sec.

The two are mutually exclusive, you can only have one or the other.

Spirit Bond is a crappy heal and relies entirely on the hunter's ability to avoid damage. The more damage he avoids, the more time the hot has to heal. This may work fine against a few melee specs (frost dk, warrior, enh shaman, lolwalker monk) but it does zilch against enemies that can constantly do damage, such as other ranged specs or even melee with strong ranged damage such as ret paladins and unholy dks. In the latter situations the heal acts like nothing more than some extra 5% damage reduction.
    Exhilaration is bullshit. The cd is way too long for this talent to be of any use considering hunters are no dks (death pact) and they take a shitload more damage than dks who are also uncc-able. For Exhilations to be of any use, it should act more like the warrior's Enraged Regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Aintdonuffin View Post
    Binding Shot. Requires the hunter to target it on the ground. Requires the target to not move, meaning that if the target is a healer or another ranged, who technically don't need to move, they can just wait until the effect expires and the arrow no longer stuns if they move. Also classes like warriors (bladestorm), rogues (cloak of shadows), dks (doesn't matter, they got a million cc breakers anyway), etc can just preemptively pop some shit when they see the blueish color on the ground and it won't stun them.
    Intimidation requires the pet to be on the target, and it's only a 3 sec stun in a game where almost all stuns last at least 5 sec.

The two are mutually exclusive, you can only have one or the other.

Spirit Bond is a crappy heal and relies entirely on the hunter's ability to avoid damage. The more damage he avoids, the more time the hot has to heal. This may work fine against a few melee specs (frost dk, warrior, enh shaman, lolwalker monk) but it does zilch against enemies that can constantly do damage, such as other ranged specs or even melee with strong ranged damage such as ret paladins and unholy dks. In the latter situations the heal acts like nothing more than some extra 5% damage reduction.
    Exhilaration is bullshit. The cd is way too long for this talent to be of any use considering hunters are no dks (death pact) and they take a shitload more damage than dks who are also uncc-able. For Exhilations to be of any use, it should act more like the warrior's Enraged Regeneration.
    Binding Shot + Explosive Trap (which has been discussed prior) completely negatesyour first argument. As for classes with immunities/CC Breakers, your argument applies to every other classes stun breaks as well, not just Hunters, therefore irrelevant.
    Intimidation I agree with everyone you say and would never use it xD

Spirit Bond is way more powerful then you are taking it for. Sure you have to avoid damage, but isn't that a major part of PvP? Some pro-kiting and CC, not to mention LoS, which should be a general goal of playing defensively, will give this talent plenty of time to get you a decent amount of healing. It's not supposed to act as a substitute for an actual healer, but as a pure DPS class, this is a phenomenal PASSIVE heal.
    Exhilaration, I agree with everyone you say and would never use it xD

Binding shot is 3 sec stun btw, not 5. The 5 seconds is for PvE mobs only. 3 seconds for PvP.

I am a hunter, and I feel our cc and healing is fine. Though the scatter shot replacing Intimidation idea is great. Though the "most" cc? No, Hunters have strong cc, but the most. Its basically trap (ice or frost...cant use both), stun+exp (usually need to use them togrether), conc shot, and exoctic ammo if spec'd into it. Honestly, its enough. Disengage web root if spec'd into it, but I always use root breaker + sprint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionid View Post
    Binding Shot + Explosive Trap (which has been discussed prior) completely negatesyour first argument.
    So hunters have to go back to using two abilities to do what everyone else does with one?

Seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Did they even fix Intimidation being able to go on CD if your pet happens to be out of range when you use it?

Deleted
    Yeah seriously, we have enough CC. Binding shot + explosive trap is more than enough in the stun department.

The only thing I wouldn't mind, since they nerfed our dispel hard (thanks BM hunters for getting all hunters nerfed and not just you guys....again lol), would be to shave a few seconds off our interrupt. 24 seconds/3 sec lockout/travel time (only range interrupt with a travel time). Wouldn't mind if it was maybe...20 seconds. But for hard CC, we are fine.

Would also LOVE to see Exotic ammo go the way of the dodo bird; frost ammo is only worth while part of it, and that's for pvp, and we realllly don't need it. Its a pointless overkill slow. Be nice to have a somewhat viable dps talent there.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    yes it is.
    you call in your pet, use intimidation and dismiss it again at some point.
    it's not optimal, but that's the drawback you have to live with if you want lone wolf in pvp, gotta summon and dismiss your pet whenever you use it's abilities.
    afaik you can't dismiss pets in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    Hunters don't need another stun.
    And they don't need dead zone as well.

What's wrong with you? hunters are balanced!
    Funny would not call being stunned by a Rogue or Feral Druid and have half your health gone before you can break free and do any damage in return, where it easily takes 10-20 shots to equate the amount of damage they get in a single hit, that is if your not immediately stunned again and killed, balanced.

Nor would I call being stunned by a Pally for so long that 3/4 of your health is gone or put in a chokehold by a DK with the same results before you break free and it takes 20-30 shots to do the same damage to them that they do to you with a single hit balanced.

Not sure Hunters need more stuns but perhaps another ability that frees movement or bubble that makes them immune to movement impairing effects for x-ammount of seconds is in order.

us the level 30 arrow talent. just dont miss =P

Deleted
    We have a choice of two (not so reliable stuns) one if you go LW. And they are very short on long CDs! In comparison a rogue jumps you and you are just suck there like a lemon, even if you trinket out of one. Warriors get fears, slow, stun, leap, charge. Mage spams poly, ice block and heal up. Pallys take ages to get to killshot then just bubble up. Think Shammys are the only class that are fucked completley stun wise.

Could always make glaive toss to aim at their shins and root each person it hits. Or crows to take their eyes our and blind them, concussive to disorient.

This might make us abit OP so then lose a slow or two in return

Deleted
    I found the solution, this but unbreakable

It makes me giggle when hunters want more things in their toolkit than they already have. Like bruh. We have everything lol. Only thing I could see even a remote complain for is that we have crap self heals.