Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trinkets to use prior to class trinket

Hello all!

I am running Destro/Demo and currently using heroic GSR and BMC trinkets. We are clearing 12/13 heroic HFC so i was curious of what trinkets i should grab until i can get the class trinket. I know the trinket off council is BIS so trying to get it but should i replace one of my BRF trinkets with PoF or anything else? Since i don't have the mythic versions of the BRF trinkets, puts me in a weird spot on what to switch out. Also mentioning what trinkets above to use for each spec would be nice too

2pc T17 Heroic
    2pc T18 Heroic

bmc + gsr is fine until you get class trinket
    then swap out bmc for class trinket
    gsr is generally than replaced by DSI, but you swap depending on the fight. sometime you'll want to swap out class trinket for gsr + dsi or pof + dsi, etc

Deleted
    keep GSR and pair it up with whatever HFC hc trinket you can get your hands on, DSI preferably, but UGoS aint bad and PoF is decent too

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile absolutely amazing Destruction trinket is readily available to all and people do not realize it. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Meanwhile absolutely amazing Destruction trinket is readily available to all and people do not realize it. Hilarious.
    The upgraded inscription trinket?

Not really sure why people haven't caught on to the pouch either... the 20 sec proc window paired with a DSI would be really nice until you get the class trinket.

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org..._Trinkets.html
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2015-07-17 at 01:05 AM.

400 Dps increase is not worth that gold

Deleted
    I'd rather stick with a GSR/PoF/DSI combo.

There will be no amount of time to pass that will heal the wound Sandmans Pouch inflicted.

....30+ seconds into a fight
    "PROC GAD DAM IT!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tonberi View Post
    400 Dps increase is not worth that gold
    Yeah getting overall 2nd best trinket before Mythic is totally not worth 40k gold...

Deleted
    Yeah getting overall 2nd best trinket before Mythic is totally not worth 40k gold...
    If you are referring to Sandman's Pouch what are you basing this on?
    The reason i ask is the sims i have seen are not saying it is the 2nd best trinket before Mythic Trinkets.
    Obviously taking sims with a pinch of salt due to various reasons.

I guess i just see Mythic GSR a better candidate due to it being RPPM based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/destruc...t-best-in-slot

This I would assume

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason i ask is the sims i have seen are not saying it is the 2nd best trinket before Mythic Trinkets.
    Obviously taking sims with a pinch of salt due to various reasons.

I guess i just see Mythic GSR a better candidate due to it being RPPM based.
    Obviously guessing things is much more precise than simming them. You can easily SIM it in plenty of situations both patchwerk and others - it is a very good trinket and thanks to Archimonde's Darkness it is even better for us, because you can pretty much guarantee it being up with DS, I am not even talking about it's ICD alligning nicely with Legendary Ring and being very predictable compared to GSR.

Of course Mythic GSR is somewhat close there, but we are talking about best trinkets to use so eh... and that's before the fact that Pouch is easily available to all for a very cheap price.

To the poster above - I was not aware of that link either, does not seem right even if it backs what I say.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-07-17 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Obviously guessing things is much more precise than simming them. You can easily SIM it in plenty of situations both patchwerk and others - it is a very good trinket and thanks to Archimonde's Darkness it is even better for us, because you can pretty much guarantee it being up with DS, I am not even talking about it's ICD alligning nicely with Legendary Ring and being very predictable compared to GSR.

Of course Mythic GSR is somewhat close there, but we are talking about best trinkets to use so eh... and that's before the fact that Pouch is easily available to all for a very cheap price.

To the poster above - I was not aware of that link either, does not seem right even if it backs what I say.
    I could be wrong but i sensed a little hostility there....

Anyways my post was more of a request for further information from yourself as to how you came to the conclusion you did.

I could counter the points you made agaisnt the GSR vs Sandman with very similar arguments.
    ie
    Sandman's is only predictable in the case that you know when it will come off CD as its reliability for procing on pull is terrible in my experience.
    Where as GSR will always proc on pull and if pulled correctly will proc back to back.

But that is just my opinion of course.

Also i do not have an issue with sims but actual play to me is a more reliable source after time.
    Just like the discussion that is currently taking place regarding the Fragment of the Dark Star, its basically Sims vs Actual Play (who will win! :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's just say I am an easily agitated person.

In any case, from my experience - Pouch is very easy to be optimal with as opposed with GSR, it's true that you can get double back to back GSR proc on pull, but that's where the fun ends for that trinket as after that it is a roller-coaster of randomness. Pouch is very easy to predict when it will proc and thus line up with DS and 4 Embers from a get-go, yes sometimes it takes it's sweet time to happen which is frustrating, but really it is usually not an issue and honestly same could be said about GSR where it can sometimes proc when you are like at 1 Ember which makes you go "durrr", so it's not without it's issues.

I'd rather stick with a GSR/PoF/DSI combo.

There will be no amount of time to pass that will heal the wound Sandmans Pouch inflicted.

....30+ seconds into a fight
    "PROC GAD DAM IT!!!!"
    This is why I didn't wanna use my pouch since highmaul week #1

All those sims are for straight single target. For more targets then the proc ones win, but you'd still want crit over multi.

BMC is straight crap for any warlock spec. Should go GSR and Sandmans, the swap out the heroic GSR first.

Class trinket is also bad on most fights were you want to use destro and is only good for the other 2 specs despite what those sims say because you arent going to just straight tunnel a boss the entire time to keep your stacks up as destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    All those sims are for straight single target. For more targets then the proc ones win, but you'd still want crit over multi.

BMC is straight crap for any warlock spec. Should go GSR and Sandmans, the swap out the heroic GSR first.

Class trinket is also bad on most fights were you want to use destro and is only good for the other 2 specs despite what those sims say because you arent going to just straight tunnel a boss the entire time to keep your stacks up as destro.
    That's because you are not supposed to use it that way. You only have to incinerate once when the debuff is about to fall off. The incinerate damage sucks with charred remains, so its only meaningful for its ember generation value. This means it wouldnt make much of a difference if you where to use it on your "priority" target or somewhere else. Once the other target is dead, you resume pew pewing the boss having the increased crit chance still on him. And despise what people say, its not that hard to keep it up. Set the target on focus to keep an eye on it, make a incinerate macro that casts on your focus, and just cast the modified incinerate when necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sandman's is not nearly as valuable in practice since you can't always take full advantage of the proc when you need it and the passive int is underbudget.

I just bonus rolled my class trinket. I am currently using Heroic GSR and Heroic BMC. What fights should i switch to the class trinket over BMC? I am also running destro/demo. I figured on all ST fights switch BMC for class trinket but thats really only a couple fights as i get assigned to add duty typically.

Edit: Furty, do you have an updated Weak aura for new trinket procs? I took your BRF setup but can't find the link now haha.
    Last edited by Restitution; 2015-07-20 at 12:42 AM.