Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Possible to return to the game and ignore the garrison?

Was just curious if anyone has tried playing the game and letting the garrison rot, and whether you recommend it or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    u need garrison lvl3 if u wanna be able to get to Tanaan with ease, but thats about it, u CAN let it to rot, but ud be gimping urself especially if u plan to raid, as a pvper i dont think it matters that much
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

You lose way too much from not having it. Including flying in next patch as you won't be able to get rep with new factions without it, you can go to Tanaan without Garrison but you do not have dailies, the daily hub or flight points in a few places. If you don't care about reputation, flying, free gear, gold, legendary ring, etc, then yeah you can play without it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't really a game if you totally ignore it. I guess, you could queue for LFR or Battlegrounds and completely ignore it.

Never understood the obsession to play the game but force oneself to ignore some aspects of the game in question.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Never understood the obsession to play the game but force oneself to ignore some aspects of the game in question.
    It's because it's a very bad game design to make extremely boring and annoying mechanics like Facebookisson with wait timers mandatory to unlock whole endgame area like Tanaan, flying and so on.

It should be completely optional feature like pet battles, toy collecting etc.

It just starts to seem like they might introduce mission time reduce "boosters" in the cash shop anytime.

Not everyone like pet battles
    Not everyone likes PvP
    Not everyone likes raiding
    Not everyone likes crafting
    etc...

The problem with Garrisons is that reps, raiding (via legendary), pet battles, crafting, catching up mechanics, and so much more is all stuck to Garrisons.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Not everyone like pet battles
    Not everyone likes PvP
    Not everyone likes raiding
    Not everyone likes crafting
    etc...

The problem with Garrisons is that reps, raiding (via legendary), pet battles, crafting, catching up mechanics, and so much more is all stuck to Garrisons.
    Yeah. How happy people would be if all normal raids would be locked behind "need 50 level 25 pets" requirement?

I have a character I use only for pvp, and it has a garrison level 2 that I never use. So there's something

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I have a character I use only for pvp, and it has a garrison level 2 that I never use. So there's something
    I suppose its a blessing in disguise that the wPvP stuff they added was bad since the pvp garrison building gives you an advantage, and that the pvp free for all arena was poorly done and promptly ignored, so you have no reason for lv 3 dueling pit.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post
    It's because it's a very bad game design to make extremely boring and annoying mechanics like Facebookisson with wait timers mandatory to unlock whole endgame area like Tanaan, flying and so on.

It just starts to seem like they might introduce mission time reduce "boosters" in the cash shop anytime.
    It is optional to raiding. You do know you can run HFC without even starting the shipyard right? Dont give me the bull shit that you cant goto tanaan without it, because all you need is a summon, and 90% of all raider always say one of the following upon invite. And people blame flying mounts for.the world not being populated when people are so lazy they ask for a summon.

"1"
    "Summon"

Even when there is no lock in the group.

To answer the op`s question "yes you can ignore it, its not optimum and you will ask for summons it you don't log out in tanaan but you can do it without touching the garrision"

Kinda reminds me of a guy in my guild in WoTLk who didnt have flying to reach Nax and needed a summon all the time.

If hes too lazy to do garrision im sure he will be too lazy to apex grind (since everyone hates that too) so tanaan dailysa are useless to him to unlock.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2015-07-17 at 04:33 PM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Not really.

Not only do you need a tier 3 Garrison, but the Garrison is also heavily incorporated into the gearing and play of the game. As a solo player, your endgame is your Garrison.

I guess if you really went out of your way you could, but the fact is that it's so rewarding and so easy that I don't see why you'd want to avoid it. And that's the problem with the system.

Deleted
    Do the garrison PvP benefits work in Ashran, as this one is considered (is it?) a Draenor World PvP Zone?

You can let it rot, but you will have to take long flight paths to tanaan and you won't get any raid loot boxes from missions and obviously you wont get a legendary ring either. You could get all these things with very minimal effort though, all you need is some gold and time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Do the garrison PvP benefits work in Ashran, as this one is considered (is it?) a Draenor World PvP Zone?
    Yes, all the perks work in ashran. The mage tower rune also works there.

What is the game without the garrison this xpac? I assume you aren't raiding (lfr doesn't count) because they will want you to have the ring. You must not be really into lore since that is completely tied into your garrison. you don't want to make the free gold blizz made easier than ever to make. You must not be into professions as they were kinda neutered and not much to do with them. I'm curious - what will you do in WoD without a garrison?

Lucky you can get summoned to Stormshield and Tanaan or getting there will be manual, and tanaan will simply not work as expected because without your garrison you won't ever build the main tanaan city for your faction.
    Last edited by slime; 2015-07-18 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    It is optional to raiding. You do know you can run HFC without even starting the shipyard right? Dont give me the bull shit that you cant goto tanaan without it, because all you need is a summon, and 90% of all raider always say one of the following upon invite. And people blame flying mounts for.the world not being populated when people are so lazy they ask for a summon.

"1"
    "Summon"

Even when there is no lock in the group.

To answer the op`s question "yes you can ignore it, its not optimum and you will ask for summons it you don't log out in tanaan but you can do it without touching the garrision"

Kinda reminds me of a guy in my guild in WoTLk who didnt have flying to reach Nax and needed a summon all the time.

If hes too lazy to do garrision im sure he will be too lazy to apex grind (since everyone hates that too) so tanaan dailysa are useless to him to unlock.
    So basically he is lazy and will prbly wonder why there is nothing for him to do.

Deleted
    This style of game existed way before Facebook. Also, it was designed to be done over the course of the first patch, if you neglected it then it's your own fault for falling behind.

It's the main feature of WoD so obviously it's going to affect the gameplay.

Yeh... not going to happen.

When Blizzard does too many optional content, people complain there is no content to do...

The Garrison is not fun. Stop pretending you do not know that. Trolling is something we do not like to see.

Deleted
    Not everyone enjoys doing dailies.