Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a problem of these players attaching their attack to the easiest 'minority' trait they can identify about you.

If they can't identify one, then the gay/cocksucker/autistic/retard/etc's start coming out - they create a reason to insult you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess that at least proves one thing. I'm not a low skill player. =D
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    So many people people in this thread getting triggered and not even reading the link before making a statement lel
    Life as usual on an internet forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has always been obvious. It's always the "low skilled" who do the most shit-talking because it distracts from their said "low skill"

It's a basic defense mechanism.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not unexpected. Put low skilled players with anyone and there is a very good chance they will attack anyone in an attempt to feel better about themselves. Actually this goes for most things not just video games. Like the 15 year old playing football with a bunch of 6 year olds just so he can feel superior because he cannot compete with kids his own age.
    My FC is 0430-8669-1800 add me and send a PM. My safari is Audino,dunsparce,Ditto.

"Insert clever saying here"

since when does playing some halo 3 matches count as a study? I guess feminist and sjws gotta make up more bullshit to push their "womyn gamers are oppressed" nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    since when does playing some halo 3 matches count as a study? I guess feminist and sjws gotta make up more bullshit to push their "womyn gamers are oppressed" nonsense.
    You're kinda proving their point there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we get a study on why somebody would do a study on such an asinine subject? Thanks.

What a load of crap. 1) They need to use more than one game. FPS are riddled with toxic, whiny brats who will attack Anyone. 2) They need to cut out the voice all together. Where is their control group? Where is the games played Without using any voice what so ever, and an ambiguous name? 3) Anyone who plays any competitive online games Knows, for a fact, that the toxic jerks Will attack anyone they want for any reason. 4) I have seem numerous people who play very well just attack Everyone in the match or game who is not as good as they are. They are better known as elitists.

This "study" is a a steaming pile of crap and has Zero creditability since they didn't so much as even Attempt to diversify the game types they played or create a control where they simply do not speak. Not only that, they make Zero mention of the Skill level of "Jeff". Was he playing badly? Was he playing well? Was he doing things that were considered helpful, or good to the team? What type of player was this "Jeff" they used.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

What I find amusing is not the fact that so many people bully others on the internets - it's that so many people are such whimps that they really react and take to heart the things that are being said to them on the internets. Or even IRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Can we get a study on why somebody would do a study on such an asinine subject? Thanks.
    Also this.

Study shows that a lot of studies are just utter bullshite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible players act terrible? And a collective "No shit, Sherlock" was heard around the gaming community.

And the reason shitty, insecure men go after women is because they don't like being emasculated. Why being a feminine man is bad, I don't know. Also women tend to take insults more personally and won't fight back which makes them easier targets. Same thing happens with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Study shows that a lot of studies are just utter bullshite.
    Blame it on the grant system and the reduction in state support for higher ed.

Professors/researchers have to pump out a certain number of studies a year in order to help fund their departments. As state funding decreases, grants become more competitive, and tuitions are increasingly diverted to administrative and non-educational programs, there's greater pressure to produce research (in terms of quantity). This means that a lot of studies that are produced are rushed and poorly designed.
    Last edited by RoninaThorstone; 2015-07-20 at 02:03 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't they study on something like why people cry too much on mmo-champs?