10+ Year Old Account

DPS spread in Heroic HFC (7/14/15) by Dubsem

The information posted below was written and analyzed by Dubsem from /r/wow located here.
    After further requests to do one of these posts, I decided it was time for an update since the first HFC thread two weeks ago. These are the values for the raid week ending on Tuesday, 14th of July 2015.

What are these values?
    The percentages you see in the tables below are the percentage by which each class over/under-performs compared to the average DPS in that fight. This is calculated on a fight-by-fight basis and then averaged together to find relatively which class performs best overall.

The formula is very simply: (Class DPS - Average DPS) / Average DPS

What can I take away from this?
    One thing this information does well is show you which class does well on each specific fight. It can help you choose your primary and secondary specialization for the current raid or the specific fights. Another thing you can look at here is overall how each spec does compared to the others, based on their average performance. Be wary though as a high variance, or standard deviation, will not necessarily mean that this class is the be-all end-all greatest.

Be wary of specs that are less played than others as well. I included the average number of parses per fight in the rightmost column. If the number of parses is really low, take those numbers with a grain of salt.

Results from the Raid-week ending July 14 2015:
    http://i.imgur.com/pQJggrP.png

Results from the Raid-week ending July 14 2015 (without Kilrogg):
    http://i.imgur.com/xU16gXQ.png

I have also included below a chart further comparing Classes which may take advantage of Dual Specialization:
    http://i.imgur.com/77D0kvd.png

The data is taken from Warcraftlogs.com. This is from Heroic Hellfire Citadel only, filtered at the 80th percentile.

Questions and Issues that have come up in the past
    Q: What does 80th percentile mean?
    A: It means that the bottom 80% of parses are disregarded, and the top 20% of parses are used for these calculations.

Q: Why is this useful?
    A: It filters out bad players, players that died during a fight, under-geared players and so on. The 80th percentile is also lenient enough so that people abusing mechanic/exploits or other nefarious methods of increasing their dps don't affect the averages too much.

Q: Can you include the average DPS for the fights used in these calculations?
    A: I could in the future, but the primary point of these threads is to view the balance between different classes, and the performance of your specializations on the specific fights in the current raid. There are many websites that can calculate how much DPS you should be doing, along with Warcraftlogs in which you can find the specific values I used for this data (or even better, updated values since you're reading this in the future).

Q: Calculating Shaman and Druid specializations together on the second table is stupid. Their specs are so different that people don't play them together.
    A: Some people do play Enhancement/Elemental or Balance/Feral. Values concerning dual-spec are shown on the second table and are compared to every other viable spec choice at the time. It is much easier for you disregard those values if you want to than for somebody who happens to play those specs to calculate the values out for themselves.

Q: Can you do one of these for tanks or healers?
    A: I could write chapters on this but no. Tanks are valued differently by different people based on Mitigation, Damage, Utility, Mobility, and I could not objectively rank their performance. Healers posess utilities that do not show up on the heal meters or can skew the heal meters. Just because Disc is top doesn't mean you should stack Disc priests, or just because Shamans are low on meters doesn't mean they don't provide useful heals and utility.

It doesnt filter out the enhancement shaman going down for kilrogs eye.
    It doesnt filter out padding situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool I guess gearing up my arms warrior was a good decision
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    It doesnt filter out the enhancement shaman going down for kilrogs eye.
    It doesnt filter out padding situations.
    There's a link to the results without Kilrogg.