Where Can I Distribute A Game Demo?

Hey there, I was recently involved in helping out with a small visual novel style game. It's about a 15 to 20 minute demo play through right now and we wanted to get it out somewhere that people could download it for free. The hope is to eventually generate a little buzz and interest then go into a Kickstarter.

Does anyone know a good place to start? We were looking into Steam Greenlight and possibly Desura. Any other suggestions?
    Is this where the header goes?

Do you have a website for the game or your team? I'd recommend putting it there if you have it (in addition to those other options). If you create a trailer or teaser, then you can simply provide a link to your website for users to download the demo.

If you don't have a website, it might be worth looking into, especially if you're planning future projects with the same team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steam greenlight. Desura is also in a bankruptcy, just a heads up.

Else, I guess you could use something like Github depending on size for basic distribution even if its not ideal long term for gaining a player base on.

Deleted
    itch.io , does exactly what you want. It's massive in the small indie scene so i'm surprised you haven't heard of it!