The Babylon 5 Solution to PvP Balance

HILARIOUS! But man... that's some bad acting.

that's one of the best sci fi series ever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    that's one of the best sci fi series ever
    Indeed.

Fun fact: Claudia Christian, the woman in this scene, is the voice actor of Legate Rikke in Skyrim, amongst other characters.

They fight until there is only one faction? That's been steadily happening in WoW too

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    Fun fact: Claudia Christian, the woman in this scene, is the voice actor of Legate Rikke in Skyrim, amongst other characters.
    I thought she sounded familiar. Love her even more now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha I love that scene

Quote Originally Posted by Froot434 View Post
    They fight until there is only one faction?
    Then next fight - they redistribute the colours for the next fight. Point is - it is always an arbitrary but balanced fight

I really wish In could get into Babylon 5 but.....look at it. The Aliens even look relatively fine, give me some make up and prosthetics over CGI anyday but the acting.....oh man the acting. It's even got a great plot but I just can't sit through it without cringing .

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I really wish In could get into Babylon 5 but.....look at it. The Aliens even look relatively fine, give me some make up and prosthetics over CGI anyday but the acting.....oh man the acting. It's even got a great plot but I just can't sit through it without cringing .
    First season is very rough (very, very rough) and the acting really depends on the character/actor in question. Starting in Season 2, its substantially better - Bruce B is a way better lead than Michael O'Hare, and he brings the rest of the cast up with him.

The extras.... Are really hit or miss, but if it makes you feel better, in regards to that scene.... Thats actually how the Drazi are ALWAYS presented... Sorta slow and stilted and borderline stupid. They are often presented as the red-headed stepchildren of the various aliens. So that may have been less bad acting and more... Dumb Drazi.

Deleted
    ^ What Kagthul said.
    If you can bear Torri Higginsons acting in Stargate Atlantis, Babylon5 shouldn't be a problem.

B5 always had great alien character design (Centari are a bit whiffy I will admit) but leagues ahead of Star Treks endless brow or ear prosthetic aliens. So sick of humans with brow ridges. IIRC J.M.S has his roots in comic book writing and it shows. It's wit and snappy patter its ok in short doses but can really start to get annoying and cringe inducing over an hour long episode. Some of the acting and casting choices was pretty crap as well. Seriously Marcus? He was supposed to be a Ranger, a man of action and they cast some pasty faced, hollow cheeked scarecrow brit with a bad beard? He wasn't even likeable and at no stage did the audience root for him or consider him good enough for "their" Ivanova.

Anyway, end rant.

I rather liked Marcus, actually. Both the actor (who is a great guy in person, met him several times) and the character. Part of his character was that he was deeply troubled and hid it behind the constant humor.

And he was, demonstrably, a serious bad ass.

"im going to sit down at this table, and ask some questions. If i dont get answers, in 5 minutes, no one at this table will be conscious. Five minutes after that, no one in this room will be conscious."

i paraphrased a bit... but he follows through. After the cut, it comes back to him and the entire room is on the floor and Marcus is barely breathing hard. He then has a brief "i think i could take you" moment with Lenier where even Lenier stops for a moment to consider it (and we've already seen that Lenier is pretty much an unstoppable killing machine in close combat who chose the priesthood so he wouldnt HAVE to kill people).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    First season is very rough (very, very rough) and the acting really depends on the character/actor in question. Starting in Season 2, its substantially better - Bruce B is a way better lead than Michael O'Hare, and he brings the rest of the cast up with him.

The extras.... Are really hit or miss, but if it makes you feel better, in regards to that scene.... Thats actually how the Drazi are ALWAYS presented... Sorta slow and stilted and borderline stupid. They are often presented as the red-headed stepchildren of the various aliens. So that may have been less bad acting and more... Dumb Drazi.
    In Season 5 they were on a roll though, seemed like a very ascendant race at the very end.

- - - Updated - - -

Peter Jurassik and Andreas Katsulas approached levels that were Oscar worthy, and that is not hyperbole. The show is worth watching for them alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Peter Jurassik and Andreas Katsulas approached levels that were Oscar worthy, and that is not hyperbole. The show is worth watching for them alone.
    Absolutely. These two are basically the true main plot.

For those who are interested:

http://ifhgame.ru/

It's a PC game where you fly a starfury and carry out missions. It's an old game that needs some TLC.