Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Suggestions for off-meta picks?

Hi!

So, I'm very fond of experimenting with off-meta picks, and to mention a few I've grown fond of AD Lulu Jungle, AD Malz Jungle, AP Sona Mid, to name a few. Going off meta is an incredibly fun thing to do imo, because most opponents become sort of confused and play suboptimally when they don't know what to expect.

Can you suggest me a few that actually does work? I'd say AD Veigar is not going to work, and suggestions like that aren't really contributing
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    • AD Moakai. You pretty much build him like an ADC. The damage is insane.
    • ADC Lulu
    • AP Xin Zhao
    • ADC Twisted Fate/Kennen. These are actually somewhat common and it works if you dont feed your ass off.
    • Support Le Blanc. Destroy bot lane in early game and snowball the game from there. You NEED to get fed in laning phase though or you'll most likely be fucked.

There is probably a lot more. But this is just off the top of my head.

Thanks!

Will check out AD Maokai, that does sound very interesting. ADC TF as well, the rest I've tried (to mediocre success - is that even a thing? Mediocre success???).
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Bruiser Taric top. It's really good against AD tops, you max W first and first buy RavHydra, the wave clear is great and you do a ton of damage that they don't expect. After that, Iceborn Gauntlet and normal tank build, and you're unstoppable.

I'm also a fan (and have been playing it a lot lately) of AP Udyr. Most builds, I do Runeglaive, Rabadon's, Luden's, Frozen Heart, Banshees, and Merc's. The Turtle activation shield is just super, stupid strong even with that amount of AP, and it's only funnier because you can 1v5 easily by maxing Pheonix -> Turtle because of it. Otherwise, I like doing a full AP build if I can get away with it (tanky top/support), with Rod of Ages early for some extra beefiness, and just going full out with the damage. No one expects it, especially because everyone prefers SatedDyr (I don't like it).

Nothing better that catching that fed AP Ezreal mid because he's a cocky SoB and you can take more damage than he dishes out.

The last thing I like to do, which I know isnt a big thing, is a full on-hit item build with Kayle jungle using Devourer. It was already strong before, but Sated just made it stronger. Extra tons of damage every other basic attack with a ~200 on hit damage, 2.5 attack speed build? Yes please! Screw defense, 40% CDr makes her R a ~35 second cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wanna play it now... AP Jax.

Devourer, LB, Luden's, Rabadon's, Nashor's, and Sorc's. Unlike AD Jax you have absolutely no tankiness aside from Counterstrike and ult agaisnt AP but you do sooo much more damage. It's basically a glass cannon assassin build. And I love assassins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    I kinda wanna play it now... AP Jax.

Devourer, LB, Luden's, Rabadon's, Nashor's, and Sorc's. Unlike AD Jax you have absolutely no tankiness aside from Counterstrike and ult agaisnt AP but you do sooo much more damage. It's basically a glass cannon assassin build. And I love assassins.
    No please, please god no... AP Jax. Fuck me. That fucker cost me a promo series. If you have any kind of competent jungler or mid/top laner against you then you're so very much fucked.

Edit: But I supose you'd only do that in normals and not in ranked. I just got get this shit in my ranked games.

Very fun suggestions here.

Can mention I got absolutely smashed by a Rammus / Taric botlane, who both built fully tank. It's the silliest thing I ever saw. Taunt into tower, stun, dead, repeat.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

AP Nasus mid, max E and laugh at it deals shit tons of dmg. Though you can only run around like a fool while you wait for it to come back on CD though.. : /

Also AP Tryndamere is fun, the sustain is crazy, and E dmg is pretty nice.

I've also enjoyed AD Bruiser Vayne top, build BotRK and Shiv/PD and then tanky, perhaps a LW aswell. Not as godmode as ADC Vayne, but rather fun, atleast back when everyone played heavy tanks top as she just melts them.

About the AP Jax, if the player dont play extremely safe early, he will be fucked so hard, he got no dueling power at all in the early part of the game, and relies so much on items, but when he get Lich Bane and Ludens he can almost one shot stuff P:
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Try AP Xin jungle. Runeglaive + Luden's.

Deleted
    AP Nasus mid, max E and laugh at it deals shit tons of dmg. Though you can only run around like a fool while you wait for it to come back on CD though.. : /
    He still has his ult with hilarious sustained damage.

AP Xin Zhao for sure. The burst is insane, and you heal so much that you can pretty much outheal turret damage near the end of the game.

Deleted
    Ap trynd.

You thought AD Tryndamere's were unkillable? Say hello to full heal low cooldown super spin Trynd.

Deleted
    Not super off meta, but I'm constantly supporting as Brand now. His passive is just free gold with blue support item. He has % health damage, his pillar does tons of damage, great stun. And at 6 you win pretty much any 2vs2 with your ult if it doesn't bounce to 4 minions (again, passive).

Then he becomes something like Annie, you catch a carry offguard and they're simply dead before your stun runs out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heard some people try ADC LeBlanc because insane mobility and semi-reasonable base damage anyway, so that might be something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Take her top lane instead w/ Triforce.

Oh god, I actually played against a toplane LB once, he must have played a lot of her though, because damn, impossible to catch! And everything was so well executed, it made AD LB looking simple and OP..
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Support Olaf. Oh the giggles.

7+ Year Old Account
    wrong thread

Support Olaf? All you got is your axe to harass with though? But must beat the new GP rework as support. Had a game where we had a GP support, but he did pretty good though. Most likely because people who usually play bot ain't used to the new GP laner yet. (Put a barrel in your brush, wait for them to walk up, pop a barrel in their face and shot the one in the brush - boom harass)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Support Olaf? All you got is your axe to harass with though? But must beat the new GP rework as support. Had a game where we had a GP support, but he did pretty good though. Most likely because people who usually play bot ain't used to the new GP laner yet. (Put a barrel in your brush, wait for them to walk up, pop a barrel in their face and shot the one in the brush - boom harass)
    Yeah but it pretty much has no CD when you pick it up so constant farm. The true damage, and stereoid. So you're quite good in 2vs2 scenarios. And pretty unstoppable when you got ult. You also need about 1 item to do enough damage to be extremely irritating for their carries. And you're very irritating for peeling considering your axes have no CD. It's loads of fun really.