Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lava Bucket View Post
    Irresponsible 19th century European pet owners, you mean?
    You do realize that this is still occurring now, with large amounts of people with "free roam" cats they don't even bother to spay / neuter, right?

Deleted
    Meow.

/10char

I wonder if they have birth control for cats? Put some in some kitty food, feed the ferals, no kittens, cats can have as much sex as they want, avoid the rage.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just "accidentally release" a targeted pathogen like they did with the rabbits.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Good. I wish they'd do the same here and instill harsh penalties on anyone who has an "outdoor" cat. Instead, we have people who set up actual feeding stations for stray and feral cats.
    We've done it forever in the US. In Houston, if there's an unlicensed (untagged) cat roaming around outside, our animal services can capture them. If no one claims or adopts them after a period of time, they're put to death. We do the same for dogs. The Houston animal shelter kills over a hundred dogs every day.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    We've done it forever in the US. In Houston, if there's an unlicensed (untagged) cat roaming around outside, our animal services can capture them. If no one claims or adopts them after a period of time, they're put to death. We do the same for dogs. The Houston animal shelter kills over a hundred dogs every day.
    I wanted to catch my neighbors cats and take them to a shelter a day away so this would happen to them :|

No traps though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And yet when human beings cause the extinction of other species we don't have a public outcry for human culling to save other species.
    You should realize this feral cat problem is caused by humans and it's out of control. Should we not cull the cat population because of some misguided feelings towards humans?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I think our farmers did that when the kangaroo's were uprising.
    Wait, I've never heard of a kangaroo uprising before. What is this, the planet of the kangaroos?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

cleary being pushed on australian politicions by their dingo canineinists funders. another prime example of the puptriarchy at work
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    They should just "accidentally release" a targeted pathogen like they did with the rabbits.
    That plan was on the table, but was scrapped on the assertion that it was unnecessarily cruel to subject the animals to a painful, lingering death by parvo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Australia has giant spiders, human eating lizards and snakes, crabs that can cut you in half, but you know what's really scary? Cats.
    Drop bears will fuck you up!

Deleted
    first thing I thought of after reading the Thread title.
    The Great Emu War.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2015-07-17 at 04:27 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Australia has giant spiders, human eating lizards and snakes, crabs that can cut you in half, but you know what's really scary? Cats.
    Australia has a huge problem with invasive species. There are something like 10 billion rabbits in AUS. They all came from 24 that were released for hunting purposes. Wild cats are particularly bad for native bird populations, even in places that aren't Australia, so it makes a bit of sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I think about it... I'm surprised the spiders and snakes haven't killed all the cats.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    You do realize that this is still occurring now, with large amounts of people with "free roam" cats they don't even bother to spay / neuter, right?
    It's clear there would be no problem if cats had never been introduced to Australia in the first place. It's less known what impact modern day pet owners have on the problem. It's disingenuous to lay the blame completely at the feet of present day cat owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Australia has a huge problem with invasive species. There are something like 10 billion rabbits in AUS. They all came from 24 that were released for hunting purposes. Wild cats are particularly bad for native bird populations, even in places that aren't Australia, so it makes a bit of sense.
    Last I saw there were 33 extinct bird species attributed to cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Bucket View Post
    It's clear there would be no problem if cats had never been introduced to Australia in the first place. It's less known what impact modern day pet owners have on the problem. It's disingenuous to lay the blame completely at the feet of present day cat owners.
    If present day cat owners stopped letting their unfixed cats roam free and breed the populations would be fairly easy to control and disperse; the trap and fix programs that have been going on for years are actually really effective with that. But it doesn't work when asshole cat owners can't handle actually having a cat in their house.

And then the Australians face their worst nightmare as thousands of feral cats ride into battle on Emus...

Is this like the great dingo wars?

But really, cats are assholes. I'm fine with them being eradicated. Down with cats, dogs rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I wanted to catch my neighbors cats and take them to a shelter a day away so this would happen to them :|

No traps though.
    You are like super evil.