Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Why is there still a limit imposed on the Japanese and German armies anyway? And why are they still not allowed to build nukes? It's been 70 years, it's time for those 2 to defy the US-imposed obsolete sanctions.
    The U.S. hasn't tried to prevent Japan from re-militarizing. The Japanese themselves are the ones still keeping to this. Hell, the U.S. tried to push the Japanese to rearm back during the Cold War and the Japanese refused.

You'd know that if you did some research.

I dunno, I am mixed on this. On one hand we can't go being in fear of a country or group of people who did something many years ago, especially when none of those people are even alive, let alone in power. It's kind of like people bringing up slavery in the US and wanting reparations for something that happened like 150 years ago...nobody alive today had a single thing to do with slavery, it has nothing to do with anyone now. I mean the world let Germany have their own military and serve abroad, nobody has been in fear of a new Nazi party taking over Germany and start taking over countries again. On the other hand, this also does start inviting various trouble to happen in some forms, in a world that has enough fucking trouble as it is with wars and military-related issues. But, what is the correct amount of time to pass by to forgive a country or group of people for something bad they did? Will 30-50-100 more years make a difference? Or should a country suffer forever for the crimes of their ancestors? If that's the case, countries like England or France or Spain should never be allowed to even let any citizen leave their country, in fear that portions of the world will be taken over, or of having civilizations basically wiped out due to the terrible things certain ancestors from those countries did over the centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentle Julio View Post
    I dunno, I am mixed on this. On one hand we can't go being in fear of a country or group of people who did something many years ago, especially when none of those people are even alive, let alone in power. It's kind of like people bringing up slavery in the US and wanting reparations for something that happened like 150 years ago...nobody alive today had a single thing to do with slavery, it has nothing to do with anyone now. I mean the world let Germany have their own military and serve abroad, nobody has been in fear of a new Nazi party taking over Germany and start taking over countries again. On the other hand, this also does start inviting various trouble to happen in some forms, in a world that has enough fucking trouble as it is with wars and military-related issues. But, what is the correct amount of time to pass by to forgive a country or group of people for something bad they did? Will 30-50-100 more years make a difference? Or should a country suffer forever for the crimes of their ancestors? If that's the case, countries like England or France or Spain should never be allowed to even let any citizen leave their country, in fear that portions of the world will be taken over, or of having civilizations basically wiped out due to the terrible things certain ancestors from those countries did over the centuries.
    No country should be punished for what their ancestors had done or we will end up with another WWII

WWII was for Germany to survived, that why they were ruthless and follow Hitler order to later since he was hero for them who saved them from severe punishments and humiliation their entire civilization received after losing WWI.