Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

People that wait the maximum time every turn...

Some people wait the maximum time every turn and click End Turn in the last second...

Is this just to troll or do they hope people will ragequit?

Some people are just that pensive when it comes to considering all options. I would venture most are doing it to frustrate or stir the passions of their opponent in order to throw them off balance a bit. I normally start doing it back to them.

Deleted
    Some people do it on purpose to annoy the opponent, others do it in the first turn because they had to leave the pc for a while, but whatever the case (since I don't know the reason) when it happens to me I simply mimic them and they normally stop roping. I think they get the message.

Just tab down for a while and let them take their time. It sucks if you have a rush deck haha

10+ Year Old Account
    They usually are thinking deeply, as example lifecoach
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Dual box hearthstone on another device while you wait :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

/10chars

It's a great way to win a few games. A lot of people just quit after a few turns.
    I just watch youtube or read the news while I wait for them to leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's a great way to win a few games. A lot of people just quit after a few turns.
    I just watch youtube or read the news while I wait for them to leave.
    I surf the forums while you're "waiting for me to leave". Dunno who benefits really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Dual box hearthstone on another device while you wait :P
    I dooooooon't think that's how it works.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yes and no.

At the start? Usually not unless it's facehunter or Tempo Mage tbh. Most classes have straight forward early turns.

However turn 5 onwards? Not strange. I use up almost the entire turn until the rope burns down so I can weigh every single option. The more cards in your opponents hand the most scenario's I have to go over.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    However turn 5 onwards? Not strange. I use up almost the entire turn until the rope burns down so I can weigh every single option. The more cards in your opponents hand the most scenario's I have to go over.
    Yeah agreed, though I think OP is only referring to someone who does this every turn, from T1 to T20. He's not referring to the guy who has a ton of mana and options.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

If your intenet went to shit for some reason it will look like they are roping everytime.
    In reality it could be you that was roping.
    And so the rope game begins: you both think that the other is trolling and start roping on purpose to teach that sob a lesson, when the internet connection is to blame.
    Your you're own enemy.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They do it so people like you feel the need to make a new thread each day moaning about your woes of those people who wait... :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    They usually are thinking deeply, as example lifecoach
    Nah, he just takes his time trying to find his oponent on twitch to snipe. (kidding)

But to answer OPs question. I am an ass and do exactly this against hunters. And in return to those who do it to me. Won a few matches against hunters by doing it. Not proud, but I hate hunters so yeah...

I do this at times .... not like i mean to just more like playing HS while doing other stuff like cleaning or making food ....

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been meeting these jokers more often than not lately. Play their hand, and let the timer expire. I don't know if it's a new botting thing or they're just being dicks, hard to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayakain View Post
    I've been meeting these jokers more often than not lately. Play their hand, and let the timer expire. I don't know if it's a new botting thing or they're just being dicks, hard to say.
    oh yes because botters are really going to make a bot that TAKES LONGER to win with. makes perfect sense.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Indeed been meeting these more often, guess some have been reading about this and think it is funny. No!!!! its annoying.

Lets stop give them the attention and it will get better, we dont want them to read crap like this

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I get people like that I just alt tab and browse the net and leave sound on in the backround so I know when they have ended turn or let the timer run out, that way they are not wasting my time, only their own
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance