Help with Monitor HZ

Hello

I got a problem with my monitor which I caused myself and now I can't fix it. I'll try to make it short what exactly I did wrong.

I wanted to remove some input lag especially with my mouse. When I play CS:GO I prefer to use a res of 1024x768 with a 4:3 aspect ratio not stretched.
    However since my monitor can't scale itself I was forced to use GPU to scale the image and that causes a bit of input lag which can be a hinderence when I need to react fast.
    I then found a supposed way of fixing the issue by installing CRU and deleting all the resolution profiles and create my own which would lead me to be able to use my monitor to scale the image.
    I played for a few days now and was wondering why my CS:GO was sort of choppy, it wasn't much but it made it a bit harder to put x-hair on moving targets and after losing a few matches I decided to check what my hz was at, it was 144hz it said in Nvidia control panel but when I rightclick>screen resolution>advanced>monitor it's actually only 60 hz and if I put on 144hz and checked "hide modes that this monitor can display" and 144 was gone only 60hz was left.

So I guess I can't manipulate the monitor to do the scaling and with my current monitor I'm forced to use either native res or accept the input lag that comes with gpu scaling.
    I chose the latter since the playing at such high res is just terrible.

Anyone able to help me restore my monitor to it's former glory or fix my problem somehow?

10+ Year Old Account
    What monitor?

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to take a guess. I'm guessing either the PG278Q or the XB270HU. Or any Gsync really.
    Reasons is cause neither has a scaler and thus can't scale an image on the hardware side.

Due to the very limited controller that the G-sync monitors have, they can only operate at anything above 60Hz at their max resolution.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-07-17 at 10:40 PM.

I got a cheapscate monitor I bought simply to get more hz, AOC 2460G4 I think it's called. It has always been able to use 144hz but after I messed with CRU I kinda lost that feature

10+ Year Old Account
    This one I imagine?
    http://us.aoc.com/monitor_displays/g2460pg

You should create your own resolutions cause you deleted them.

You're stuck with either low res or low refresh rate due to having no hardware scaler since the hardware controller itself doesn't support past lower resolutions.
    Go to Nvidia control panel and go to change resolution. Click the monitor and click "Customize" and create custom resolution. Fill out the resolution and set timer to manual. Do not change anything in the timer other than the refresh rate.
    You could also probably try reinstalling the video driver.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-07-18 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    This one I imagine?
    http://us.aoc.com/monitor_displays/g2460pg

You should create your own resolutions cause you deleted them.

You're stuck with either low res or low refresh rate due to having no hardware scaler since the hardware controller itself doesn't support past lower resolutions.
    Go to Nvidia control panel and go to change resolution. Click the monitor and click "Customize" and create custom resolution. Fill out the resolution and set timer to manual. Do not change anything in the timer other than the refresh rate.
    You could also probably try reinstalling the video driver.
    Ok thanks.