Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

So timewalking Wrath - Ah the good ol days

Que'd on my 695 Disc Priest for the seal. First run is a laugher.

Halls of Lightning, DK tank zones in, pulls first platform, then pulls boss with second platform. Gets electrified and runs, killing himself.

Me: You can't pull them all like that.

Tank: Yes I can, I did it all the time in Wrath. I was a tank then.

Me: Yeah, I was a prot warrior, and I wouldn't have done that until I was ICC geared.

We kill first platform. Kill second platform (boss has patted away). Tank pulls third platform and boss. Gets electrified again and starts "kiting" and kills himself again.

Me: You know you can't move when you've got the electrical debuff right?

Tank: I have to kite them, there's so many.

Me: DPS just needs to burn down the adds first. But if you move while you have debuff it does a lot of damage.

Tank: This healer, makes me question my life.

YOU HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM GROUP

Ah yes, fun times.
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

I remember back in the days when I did Oculus.

Enter dungeon -> instantly leave group ... good times.

I am so very tired of the LFD system and situations like these, and in particular how Blizzard responds to it.

People do LFD, including Timewalking, and somehow even though the instance is a total and utter cakewalk, they manage to blow themselves up and blame someone else. Nobody ever thinks for themselves, nobody ever reflects on strategy or what's going on, and as a player you have no way to sort these players out of your experience short of finding 4 willing players to run with, in which case the instance is now criminally undertuned.

Even the Mythic dungeons are joke despite not being in the LFD system because nobody is apparently allowed to face a challenge in this game anymore unless they want to raid. Whyyyyyy... :<

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I am so very tired of the LFD system and situations like these, and in particular how Blizzard responds to it.

People do LFD, including Timewalking, and somehow even though the instance is a total and utter cakewalk, they manage to blow themselves up and blame someone else. Nobody ever thinks for themselves, nobody ever reflects on strategy or what's going on, and as a player you have no way to sort these players out of your experience short of finding 4 willing players to run with, in which case the instance is now criminally undertuned.

Even the Mythic dungeons are joke despite not being in the LFD system because nobody is apparently allowed to face a challenge in this game anymore unless they want to raid. Whyyyyyy... :<
    oh my pro players have to deal with casual scrubs - how dare blizzard put that filth into you super pro groups which should faceroll everything

Wrath timewalking dungeons are at least decent because that was the expansion where Blizzard realized no one wanted to spend 45 min to an hour completing a 5 man so you're only bored out of your skull for 15 minutes at a time instead.

Still meh but yay normal HFC loot for alts

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Wrath timewalking dungeons are at least decent because that was the expansion where Blizzard realized no one wanted to spend 45 min to an hour completing a 5 man so you're only bored out of your skull for 15 minutes at a time instead.

Still meh but yay normal HFC loot for alts
    I think you meant the expansion that killed 5 man content (incredibly easy heroics and LFD). Nothing fun anymore outside raiding sadly.

Dungeons have NEVER been a 'fun' content exploration since the invocation of heroics. They've always been abysmally hard (lack gear) or ridiculously easy (had gear). The vast amount of players put little to no effort into neither their characters nor mechanics which is why you end up with LFG/LFR the way it is. So much of the community complains that content is significantly easier but they fail to realize it's not easier for scrubs to get gear it's easier for us people who really don't want to hand hold retards through content because they don't know which buttons to press when. Blizzard realized awhile ago that people killing stuff offers significant more enjoyment than people failing to kill stuff. The only issue they need to solve now is remove a dependency on tanks/healers to actually do stuff like time-walking dungeons or heroics (good luck to them on how the fuck to do that).

OP I know how you feel.. did An'kahet (spelling?) a few minutes ago. The healer complained that the tank didn't pick up 2-3 baby adds. Both the healer and the tank were paladins. The healer was the only member of the group NO WHERE near consecrate which was on the ground picking up all the other adds. Then blamed the tank for failing to pick up the adds. He was kicked a few moments after that for being stupid, so justice was served. But he was still an idiot...

I actually love the Wrath time walking dungeons. Some dungeons and certain trash packs you cant just facesmash your way through. It's hilarious how people try to pull like 3 mob pulls for you and then proceed to wipe the group. You can't pull 3-4 shadow flingers and then expect to live if you cant interrupt their casts in some way.

I had a similar in some way story too OP. I just got out of a UP dungeon as a tank myself alongside a dps friend. We finished it and one of the other random dps (a hunter) called out my shaman friend for being bad even tho he did half the dps of the shaman. He then proceeds to call me a noob and other words because I bubbled out of the stun he does... yeah I'm a noob for actually knowing how to use my abilities to ignore mechanics?
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2015-07-18 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriestlawl View Post
    OP I know how you feel.. did An'kahet (spelling?) a few minutes ago. The healer complained that the tank didn't pick up 2-3 baby adds. Both the healer and the tank were paladins. The healer was the only member of the group NO WHERE near consecrate which was on the ground picking up all the other adds. Then blamed the tank for failing to pick up the adds. He was kicked a few moments after that for being stupid, so justice was served. But he was still an idiot...
    Oh boy, good old Ahn'kahet, had a tank insist he could handle three Spell Flingers, which he very well could have if I wasn't the only one interrupting the Shadow Blast spell, boy was he wrong.

That said I'm actually enjoying the WotLK Timewalker Dungeons a lot more than I did the TBC ones.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    I think you meant the expansion that killed 5 man content (incredibly easy heroics and LFD). Nothing fun anymore outside raiding sadly.
    Nope I pretty much meant what I said. Keep beating that "Burning Crusade was the best ever because everything was hard and it made me feel like a special snowflake don't touch me you filthy casual" drum buddy.

I love the tanks that think they can absorb the shadow ability in Old Kingdom if it goes uninterrupted >.> Then whines at the healer when he gets instagibbed.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Is Occulus actually in the rotation for Timewalking? Haven't encountered it yet, I wonder if people would actually *do* it this time around for nostalgia's sake?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    so the moral of the story is you are a dick and were removed from the group for being yourself. got it. dont care really and confused as to why you think we would care. there are many assholes in this world so stop thinking you are special. ok kid.ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post

If you honestly do that, that's quite stupid. After numerous nerfs, Oculus was the easiest and fastest heroic with the most rewards at the end.

I've noticed a lot of people are mixing up the start of wrath with the end of it in LFD. Start of wrath things was good as long as you pulled normally. Unfortunately the second year of Wrath blinded peoples perception of wrath dungeons when they all outgeared them and farmed them for easy justice and could pull multiple groups.

lol that was pretty much the order of the day back then. The system loved giving me Occulus and I would just leave every one. i know it was easy and I know it was fairly fast. I just did not have fun in that dungeon. There was nothing about it I enjoyed and I was not going to spend time playing something I didn't have fun with.

It's nice getting back into these dungeons. I have fond memories of them all (HoL was on of my favs) when it was current and it's nice to relive them on that same character that conquered them before.

Or Halls of Reflection because it was so hard. ....Then Blizzard goes and makes all the dungeons that way in the next expansion. Brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    If you honestly do that, that's quite stupid. After numerous nerfs, Oculus was the easiest and fastest heroic with the most rewards at the end.
    The Oculus was so under-used that Blizzard had to add extra rewards to it to make people want to run it.

If you recall those days, you had players you had good runs with (during lvling / gearing) on your friend list and most of the skilled player base naturally formed groups for stuff to do since you knew those people wont screw you over and cause needless wipes... now the communication is lost and its like playing with random IQ value bots..
    Its like a roller coaster of 5 dices and each dice can be 1-6 only now you got shit loads of 1-2's on those dices and nothing in between..

good old days of hating old kingdom with a burning passion

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I've noticed a lot of people are mixing up the start of wrath with the end of it in LFD. Start of wrath things was good as long as you pulled normally. Unfortunately the second year of Wrath blinded peoples perception of wrath dungeons when they all outgeared them and farmed them for easy justice and could pull multiple groups.
    This. So much this. Whenever people think of Wrath dungeons, they think faceroll. But Wrath dungeons were reasonably tuned at the beginning. I remember wiping on probably every dungeon.

It's MoP's that were incredibly faceroll. I remember hitting 90 a day or two after Mop was released. I was nervous about queuing for a heroic in my shitty quest gear, but did it anyway. And it was like end of expansion heroics. I couldn't believe it. We were all in shitty quest gear! I had to check to make sure I queued for heroic. But the end of the expansion they were easily soloable by me -- a mage! Only few classes could solo Wrath heroics at the end of the expansion.