Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Tells you more about the nation and nationals tbh...
    (dont feel bad though, remember, G. W. Bush was reelected.)
    Yeah, that was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Hint: That salute was first introduced in the US in 1892, as was used up until 1942. So much for your "people used it because of Hitler" theory. It was the salute when pledging allegiance to the US flag. A very similar salute was used well before then. It was called the "Roman Salute".
    Hint: Did you read what I wrote?

Looks like the roman salute to me but how would people know when all they see is racism everywhere.

Deleted
    That the royals of the time were Nazi supporters comes only as a surprise outside Britain it seems. Thought this was common knowledge tbh. Though I hate the royals, in fairness they weren't the only ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Hint: That salute was first introduced in the US in 1892, as was used up until 1942. So much for your "people used it because of Hitler" theory. It was the salute when pledging allegiance to the US flag. A very similar salute was used well before then. It was called the "Roman Salute".
    Why would the British Royal family use an American salute that wasn't widely publicised internationally at the time, or a Roman salute, rather than a German one that was all over the media of the day?

Her uncle was known to be a Nazi sympathiser and he's the one orchestrating it, also Hitler wasn't unpopular in Britain at the time and the Palace haven't denied it was Nazi inspired.

I found it amusing that the Sun would bother releasing it, knowing that the entire Royal family will make them persona non grata for doing so, especially as it means bugger all in the context of when it was done.

Plus I wanted to use that corgi pic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I doubt they are bigger idiots than our former President Ivan Gašparovič, I will translate some of his few assertions:

"On the other hand I think sometimes Slovakia, unfortunately and sometimes fortunately, that unfortunately the manpower in Slovakia is still cheaper and now fortunately is cheaper."

"Serbia is country that dynamically started to develop it's own economy. It has a big potential in the future development of a tourism. Serbian coast..."

"I will respond to you with only two words: Yes, you are right."

"I disagree with those, who say that it is a law against constitution. It is only against two articles of constitution and not against as a whole."

"I traveled almost for 400 days around Slovakia, which is almost one complete year."

"I think socially and feel socially and think nationally."

"I want to thank you for your support during organization of a meeting with new head of a Catholic Church, the pope Dominic XVI."

We also had a funny bit with United Tumors instead of United Nations, it sound funnier in Slovak as translations are: Nation = Národ and Tumor = Nádor.

This guy has been elected by a nation, then reelected again and now we finally have a new President because this clown couldn't be elected again.
    What about our current "president"? He's the biggest joke this country has ever had. Don't tell me you voted for him.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing the Sun is worth reading for IS the tits.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sun newspaper is to England what CNN and Fox news is to America, sensationalist shit peddlers
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    That wasn't the Nazi salute in 1933, but it makes great headlines as people ignore historical context anyways.

Besides, I'll only be upset if she does the Hydra salute.

Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    What about our current "president"? He's the biggest joke this country has ever had. Don't tell me you voted for him.
    First of all, that's why I say a role of president is useless bullshit. He is meant to be a strong pillar between two oppositions, but he usually is a pawn in hands of one party as he has absolutely no power beside those funny assertions to spew populist crap.

Second, yes I voted for Andrej Kiska because he was the lesser evil and I heavily disagree with Fico and his SMER. I am not ashamed of what I voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That wasn't the Nazi salute in 1933, but it makes great headlines as people ignore historical context anyways.

Besides, I'll only be upset if she does the Hydra salute.
    The Nazi salute was first used in 1923.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh man, look at all these evil Nazi school children.

OH WAIT A MINUTE.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Not a good example to try and disprove the point.
    Unless you don't understand context.
    #boycottchina

Happened a long time ago and like other people have said the salute has been around even longer. You would hope that most people know that George V & Kaiser Wilhelm II were first cousins in WW1 so the family has German connections anyway and before the outbreak of WW2 europe tried to appease Hitler. Regardless, this is from a paper that had "Super-hot Dorito nearly killed me" as it's front page news story yesterday on the 17th. Evidence of The Sun readers once again....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    First of all, that's why I say a role of president is useless bullshit. He is meant to be a strong pillar between two oppositions, but he usually is a pawn in hands of one party as he has absolutely no power beside those funny assertions to spew populist crap.

Second, yes I voted for Andrej Kiska because he was the lesser evil and I heavily disagree with Fico and his SMER. I am not ashamed of what I voted for.
    That's because we aren't a presidential republic, we shouldn't have any president in the first place.

How about voting for nobody? Every time he speaks, I'm ashamed of this country. Not like Gasparovic was better, but people mostly thought he was just stupid, representing only his stupidity.

Of all the issues that were ever a none issue, this is a none issue the most.

When I heard this come up on the radio I was like, meh, seriously meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Sometimes...just sometimes I wish the Human race would just cease to exist.
    Same here. Its like the more technologically advanced we become, the more entirely full-retard we go in terms of common sense/decency.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what 101% of what the sun prints is bullshit anyway, and who gives a flying fuck its just a salute not an atomic bomb get over it already.

It is just a simple raising arm.
    It shall not be considered as exclusive nazi salute just because Nazi used it.
    A lot of people do it unconsciously when they raise and wave their hands.

Isn't the Queen's ethnic roots mostly German? I've always heard that.

Not that that would have anything to do with the photo, I'm just curious.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland