10+ Year Old Account

Is there an addon that displays my own nameplate?

I'm not sure if this is possible considering that Blizzard doesn't even have one built in for your own character, but after play FF14 so much, I kind of miss it.

If not, I guess I'll just tinker around with unitframe addons to see if I can make a "good enough" solution.

Deleted
    WoW engine doesn't implement own nameplate so i think there's no addon for that.

Are you looking to have just your health/mana visible in the nameplate, or other things such as buffs/debuffs? While I don't think there is a direct solution of creating a player nameplate, you can very easily create something to mimic one, either through the use of a unit frame addon or Weakauras.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    yes, the player frame (a player nameplate is overwhelmingly useless, it's not like you can forget where you are)

there's no legit way to link it to your character texture

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always style your player frame and stick it over your head...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zedeel View Post
    Are you looking to have just your health/mana visible in the nameplate, or other things such as buffs/debuffs? While I don't think there is a direct solution of creating a player nameplate, you can very easily create something to mimic one, either through the use of a unit frame addon or Weakauras.
    Yeah, I was just going to use a weakaura bar for it, but then decided that I didn't care enough about it.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    (a player nameplate is overwhelmingly useless, it's not like you can forget where you are)
    That's not the only purpose of a nameplate. Being able to see your current health without having to glimpse over at your gigantic player frame is pretty nice in a non addon heavy setup.

If your playerframe is in such a position or state that makes ju ding your health at a glance difficult, then I would say you need to rethink it in some way.
    Though there is no reason why you can't have a simpler display through weakauras, just ideally without trying to do the click-functionality (it gets messy).
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If your playerframe is in such a position or state that makes ju ding your health at a glance difficult, then I would say you need to rethink it in some way.
    The issue is gone now. After playing FF14 for so long, you kinda get used to having your own nameplate (although technically it's just the healthbar aspect of the nameplate). So it just took a bit for me to get back into my WoW mindset.

To everyone:

Thanks everyone for your input, but again, this is no longer an issue.