Thread: arms so sad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    in matter of fact i think that Arms is in the best version as it ever was.
    Your post gave me cancer. Or you played Arms in WoD only, because 6.x Arms is the most retarded spec I ever played. The only spec I enjoy this expansion is prot, and that's why I had to quit my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    get t18 4piece problem solved
    As a pitiful LfR-hero who will never get T18 4-piece, i find Blizzard's new policy of using set bonuses to shore up spec failings hugely annoying.

I can only hope that T18 bonuses (And maybe the Archi-trinket) are experiments or prototypes for spec changes in the prepatch for whatever expansion comes next...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    5.4 Arms is my favorite by far. Cataclysm and WoD feels clunky. + Switching targets in Cata was horrendous due to the stacking buff.

I still play Arms now, I prefer it to Fury Whack-a-Mole ;P
    what not fun on spaming 1 button after all

Well LFR hero's win. The LFR Plate set bonus adds more damage then the normal one does now. CONGRATS GUYZ

Deleted
    I've been playing Arms only since the first time I rolled Warrior, in 2.3.

I'd say that each and every moment of its implementation had its fun times

TBC,
    with the Slam weaving, WW and MS being 8 and 5 (or 4, but nobody really specced Imp MS) seconds, has a special place in my heart just because I learned the ropes with that whole rotation and way less fancy stuff. Reck had 30m cd.

You had to time autos, Slams, WWs and MSs not to get starved.
    Execute played an heavy role on the spec, since it burned all your Rage for a lot of damage.

Wrath,
    aside from the starting, had a lot of nice Arms moments straight after the 3.1 revamp.
    Taste for Blood gaming and timing was so satisfying, and you had to use each and every global to go toe to toe with equally geared Fury Warriors.
    Granted, the spec was inferior and Fury (post 3.1) was bound to outclass you, but you could always strive to be better if your raid didn't mind.

In 3.1 we still had the killer Execute, but in 3.2 it's been watered down -for good reasons- to our worst damage per Rage move, almost killing the button.
    It wouldn't recover until 6.0.

Cata
    was basically Wrath on steroids. We had Colossus Smash, Incite procs and the Execute haste stacking that admittedly didn't do the good old Execute any kind of honor.
    Still the rotation for most was as polished as it could be, probably the highest peak ever for the spec.

MoP
    had us slamming like madmen from any point since 5.1, after the Heroic Strike incident. That shit was delirious.
    Rotation was almost causing carpal tunnel to anybody playing it.

aaand WoD
    removed all our buttons, all the fancy stuff and left us with Whirlwind and Mortal Strike.

Without beating any dead horse, I'd say that my favourite Arms ever is Wrath's 3.35, just because everything about it played so good and smooth I felt like a martial expert any time I'd chain my Overpowers, or each and every time I planned my globals for Sunder Armors or Shattering Throws.

...and my least favourite has to be WoD.
    Because there's no excuse for what's been done to the spec, an oversimplifying that cannot be justified in any way or shape.
    Aside from Mortal Strike, this Arms isn't anywhere close to where the spec has been in its simplest form, and nowhere near to its most satisfying moments, for me or any Arms adept - or Warrior adept, to that matter.