Deleted

Fel lord zakuun HC , need help

Hey guys. So deal is I am the raidleader of an "average" guild right, we are just reaching fel lord, and I spent time getting myself prepared to lead this/make strategy and from what I understand there isn't much I can control. Nearly everything is up to the persons to react correctly. I don't see how I can "carry" as raidleader assuming my raiders are average.

Any feedback or tips how to do this boss easy way?

Thanks

Deleted
    Have a few goes and just prune the group of people who continuously wipe the group. Pretty blunt but yeah, if one or a few people are screwing the encounter up for a tonne of other people why should they still be on the boss?

Deleted
    Just a technical questiong, maybe I haven't think it correctly, but is there a way to assign people to go stand to pillars spawning? Its pretty RNG where they spawn, so I can just say you 3 are assigned, figure it out who goes which pillar, but again for the next set those 3 would be ineligable to soak right?

You can only soak a fissure every two minutes.

There's not really any good way to idiot proof this other than ensuring your least competent players never ever soak fissures. But if someone really wants to drop seeds in a bad spot what can you do?

Normal Fel Lord isn't too difficult. I've pugged it with people who never did it before, and we killed him in a few pulls.

Heroic Fel Lord is a different story. He hasn't died yet after 80+ pulls (not including the buggy mechanics earlier this week). We're "only" ilvl 702 (and were 3/10M prior to HFC), but the fight feels completely overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by Korshay View Post
    Normal Fel Lord isn't too difficult. I've pugged it with people who never did it before, and we killed him in a few pulls.

Heroic Fel Lord is a different story. He hasn't died yet after 80+ pulls (not including the buggy mechanics earlier this week). We're "only" ilvl 702 (and were 3/10M prior to HFC), but the fight feels completely overturned.
    But generally the reason you wipe has nothing to do with tuning at all. I've only ever wiped on the boss because someone did something spectacularly dumb with seeds of destruction, cavitation or the tanks coming up. Or if someone who already soaked decided to not even pay attention to fissures and stand in them when they spawned on them.

Granted, I wiped 15 times for the first kill because someone did something spectacularly dumb every time but it was always obviously our fault. Take a hard look at your raiders.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2015-07-19 at 10:56 PM.

I typically just use a marker to mark whatever pillar I don't want to have soaked, so that I'm always in control of roughly where the pillars are being grouped up. From then you can literally just have absolutely anybody who isn't currently debuffed soak the remaining fissures. Use a macro to throw down a flare marker on the pillar you don't want to soak basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Keep boss on the opposite edge of the room from where you are letting pillars spawn.
    2. World mark (with a keybinded macro) the fissures you don't want people to stand in.
    3. Mark locations to take seeds and befouled.
    4. Have people without latent stand between the boss/seed points and the latent people themselves, it can be helpful to even have a latent stack player so that non latents can circle around them.

You can't carry this fight as a raid leader.

Until people have paid the "retard tax" you will always have somebody run to hug a pillar with seeds of destruction or something stupid.

It's actually not that hard a boss. I mean after seeing this first on the PTR I was dreading it but at the end of the day it's pretty simple compared to say, Xhul or even Socrethar, the most problems come in the last burn phase with a lot of incoming damage.

We usually have one person put a raid marker on the fissures we don't soak (close to entrance) and a good way to deal with latent energy people is to just have them hide behind the raid in the direction of the pillars so the waves never hit them as someone will soak them first. Seeds look horrid but just tell people to run them to the other end of the room and not stack up

The last thing to do is to remind people to use their defensives in the last phase when the seed waves hit as you will certainly be losing people there.

If you just want to kill the boss - bench your under-performers, meaning people with fissure who get hit by the waves and people who drop seeds on top of raid/pillars/each other.

If you don't want to bench people - you have to wait until everyone learns the mechanics.