Deleted

Lightbulb Chaosbold or Shadowburn 2p T18

Hello.

At the moment i am not sure if its clever to use as destruction warlock shadowburn with two pieces T18 or not.

Simcraft:
    Average damage with Chaosbold is 153k = 100% crit
    Average damage with Shadowburn 106k = 33% crit

Sure Shadownburn is faster to cast, but really often it dont crit.. So is it clever to use? Or only when i have to run?
    Last edited by mmocd1b65972ae; 2015-07-19 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BOLD THEM WITH THAT CHAOS DOOD!

Go read the manual, pal: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

Quick and dirty answer - yes you should use Shadowburn, BUT only under very specific circumstances pointed out in that guide - namely cleave, ember sniping and sometimes movement.

Deleted
    I am not sure if this guide is up to date. First sentense "Destruction T18 2-Piece Bonus: Reduces the cast time of your Chaos Bolt by 1.0 sec and increases its damage by 5%."
    Well when i check my Item I see 0,5 sec and 2%.. And the whole guide is full of such stuff.

I can also not find the answer on my question with an good argument in this guide. the demo Guide is pretty nice and cool, i loved it! But the destro guide is really .. short/not up to date?!..

Well.. Back to topic : )

Quote Originally Posted by xmimox View Post
    I am not sure if this guide is up to date. First sentense "Destruction T18 2-Piece Bonus: Reduces the cast time of your Chaos Bolt by 1.0 sec and increases its damage by 5%."
    Well when i check my Item I see 0,5 sec and 2%.. And the whole guide is full of such stuff.

I can also not find the answer on my question with an good argument in this guide. the demo Guide is pretty nice and cool, i loved it! But the destro guide is really .. short/not up to date?!..

This is likely due to the author raiding in midwinter and is busy with progress rather than updating the guide for 6.2. The principle stays the same though. You can still use that guide for your answer.

10+ Year Old Account

The principles behind the gameplay do not change and the answer is there, it's just not in your face with bold letters, but it is there. Of course you can chose to disregard it, but that's your loss, really.

The whole Shadowburn usage could have a frikkin' mini-guide on it's own, I don't think you are going to get a complete answer here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The whole Shadowburn usage could have a frikkin' mini-guide on it's own, I don't think you are going to get a complete answer here.
    Fully agree, this is what i want to know. Whats the best way to use it. That he has no time is not important for me, i just need an thread or guide, when u use it and when not. Now i only talked about 2p bonus T18, with 4p T18 it is MUCH better then without, and the only way to use shadowburn will be while running.. but i am not a simcraft "developer", its just what i think.

I just want some oppionios about this.

Fully agree, this is what i want to know. Whats the best way to use it. That he has no time is not important for me, i just need an thread or guide, when u use it and when not. Now i only talked about 2p bonus T18, with 4p T18 it is MUCH better then without, and the only way to use shadowburn will be while running.. but i am not a simcraft "developer", its just what i think.

I just want some oppionios about this.
    You could have used the search function. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ght=shadowburn

Deleted
    Mostly always use CB, unless the boss is literally about to die and you've got every proc in the game up then sburn that shit, also if you're high on embers and cant get all those CBs out before DS is over, then just sburn <--- During execute, other than that you should always CB unless SB sniping, havoc cleaving and so on
    Last edited by mmocb7c55a5462; 2015-07-21 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayys View Post
    Mostly always use CB, unless the boss is literally about to die and you've got every proc in the game up then sburn that shit, also if you're high on embers and cant get all those CBs out before DS is over, then just sburn
    Good way to be average, you know yourself that Sburn should be used way more than what suggested here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Good way to be average, you know yourself that Sburn should be used way more than what suggested here.
    Hm for some reason I thought he was talking about during execute o.O and your first comment was mean </3 Hardly ever at the bottom so :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a very mean person angry at the world, sucks to be me, basically.

Wish I'd be cool and awesome as you.