Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Yeah, no.... while you keep spitting bullshit around, I did this rep to exalted in a group of five grinding for less than 2hrs without server hopping. Hitting exalted brought me to 1000/5000 at this time, and for both mounts etc you need over 6k, which is 5 more times farming exalted in my book.

Not going to quote that 699 hunter nonsense... yeah, dude - we're all hunters.
    10 hours is nothing for a grind achievement
    its an achievement for a reason. either get over it or dont do it, dont whine for it to be nerfed because you cant be bothered

It'd be nice if that was the case but unfortunately some of us are classes that, y'know, don't have a pet that can tank for us.

Also not going to bother quoting Derp but I don't know how you think Combat Rogues aren't good for farming them. Leeching Poison + Blade Flurry + every damn ability that can mitigate damage that are also on a low CD. I took my shitty geared Rogue to Tanaan as Combat and had no problem doing dailies so how would a geared Rogue have trouble killing the Saberon. Also try being a Shadow Priest with all your cooldowns on CD. It's really not that easy.

As for the grouping, we were grouped for doing the rep grind so we could mass pull and mass AoE everything. Out of a pack of 5 Saberon you would get one loot of 4 or so claws. I haven't been in a group since. But looks like I'm going to have to group with someone or a few people seeing as I play a class that can't really solo them.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Can confirm, the rep should be done in a group of 5....the claw grind however should be done solo if you can, you wouldn't think but that goes a lot faster.
    In a group you can only loot some corpses...solo you loot them all.

Don't be cheap on a flask, food, a garrison follower to help and bombs...and get 8 or 9 stacks of that green stuff.
    Did it on a moonkin and you can easy kill 2 at once, with cooldowns multiple at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmtree View Post
    Can confirm, the rep should be done in a group of 5....the claw grind however should be done solo if you can, you wouldn't think but that goes a lot faster.
    In a group you can only loot some corpses...solo you loot them all.
    I don't find this to be true..

In a group of 4 dps and 1 healer, I can kill 12-15 mobs, in the same time, I can solo ONE mob.
    When in a group (of 5), you get to loot every fifth dead mob. That means I can loot 2-3 mobs in a group, at the same rate I loot one, solo..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Yeah, no.... while you keep spitting bullshit around, I did this rep to exalted in a group of five grinding for less than 2hrs without server hopping. Hitting exalted brought me to 1000/5000 at this time, and for both mounts etc you need over 6k, which is 5 more times farming exalted in my book.

Your reading comprehension is failing you miserably. I said if you do either:
    - grind rep in a group
    - realmhop at rares
    to get exalted, then YES you will get there in no time but without claws. You admited to doing the former. Gratz. Doing it solo would have gotten you 5x the amount of claws, which is 5k. Reading is hard apparently.

699 hunter is easy yes, but someone did it as combat rogue as mentioned above. I have all classes lvl 100 and the only one I can see it being somewhat of a struggle to solo at the heroic BRF gear you mentioned is my mage and priest, possibly my rogue as well. Rest should be no issue at all, especially with artillery strike. Worst case you do it with one friend but you choose to do it in a group of 5 to which I can only laugh honestly given you complain about not having enough claws after you hit exalted. Even at the 660 ilvl, you should be able to duo easily with any 2 dps specs (or tank), let alone in 690 gear as you claim. Again, your fault for creating the problem, not blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I don't find this to be true..

In a group of 4 dps and 1 healer, I can kill 12-15 mobs, in the same time, I can solo ONE mob.
    When in a group (of 5), you get to loot every fifth dead mob. That means I can loot 2-3 mobs in a group, at the same rate I loot one, solo..
    Going by your armory you play guardian/balance? How can you not just gather up 5 of them as bear and AoE them down easily? Any tank should be able to do it no problem.

Edit: maybe elemental shaman also not easy to solo. Still majority of classes should be able to really. Duo at worst.

Deleted
    Dude, please stop posting. Never heard such bullshit before, and this is mmo-champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Going by your armory you play guardian/balance? How can you not just gather up 5 of them as bear and AoE them down easily? Any tank should be able to do it no problem.
    I have a bear spec, yes... But I haven't tanked anything since v5.0.. Active mitigation crap, ruined bear tanking for me..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Dude, please stop posting. Never heard such bullshit before, and this is mmo-champion.
    Such strong argumentation, I almost fell off my chair. Clearly splitting loot 5-way does not imply getting 1/5th of the loot, and needing to kill 5x the amount of mobs as if you were to solo. Clearly bs as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I know that I cannot stomach farming 5k claws in current content. 150 000 Apexis, yes. 5000 claws now way. I have around 750 now, 600 came from the dailies. It is just too painful to farm. And while the mount looks nice, I hate boar running animation as mount. So it is to work towards the 250 mounts achieve anyhow and that can just wait...

....expect claws to become BoA and the title accountwide. And if the title stays character bound...so what. It is not that cool anyhow...

Hate to say it to you but those 600 from dailies do not account to the achievement as you have to loot them all 5000 from things you kill :-)

Hate to say it to you but those 600 from dailies do not account to the achievement as you have to loot them all 5000 from things you kill :-)
    This part is what really fucking sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    5k wasnt even that bad, was like 8 hours of farming for me
    its funny to see how the playerbase cant even tolerate an 8 hour optional grind for a title these days. theres almost nothing left to work for in the game outside of raids and you want to take away an optional grind. you know 500 claws would only take like an hour right?
    I agree with this. Here I was clicking the seeking crystal on cooldown for 14 hours one day, 6 the next and thinking "Damn, I miss this sort of time sing". I didn't use the skirmish glitch, just waited. I'm not saying it was engaging gameplay, far from it, but if I see something I want and it takes more than an hour, I'm not discouraged. Screw instant gratification, I'll work for my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    I agree with this. Here I was clicking the seeking crystal on cooldown for 14 hours one day, 6 the next and thinking "Damn, I miss this sort of time sing". I didn't use the skirmish glitch, just waited. I'm not saying it was engaging gameplay, far from it, but if I see something I want and it takes more than an hour, I'm not discouraged. Screw instant gratification, I'll work for my stuff.
    b-but muh instant gratification! ;__;

people say that wod is a time sink but man there are barely any real old school timesinks now. claws pales in comparison to even the new school insane and even shao-hao.
    I really hope it doesn't get nerfed, not because I've already done it or whatever, but more because it would clarify even moreso Blizzards' stance on casual gameplay and further alienates the portion of players who fell in love with this game for being a game that rewards effort.

This so stupid lol. Very flawed design. Quess I won't even bother with this title.

I dont know why people complaining about the farming. When you want something ordinaire , you need to put time in it. It always was like it and it will always be. Like farming Mounts and shit. Some people , like me i guess, are farming Mimi head/ invincible for about couple oft years now with a couple of toons. I dont want to know how much time i wasted with that, because i dont have any of those mounts either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisu View Post
    I dont know why people complaining about the farming. When you want something ordinaire , you need to put time in it. It always was like it and it will always be. Like farming Mounts and shit. Some people , like me i guess, are farming Mimi head/ invincible for about couple oft years now with a couple of toons. I dont want to know how much time i wasted with that, because i dont have any of those mounts either.
    There's a difference between killing one boss per week at a low dropchance and grinding for dozens of hours straight-up.

I have the Insane title (including exalted Shen'dralar) and have zero interest in farming claws while it's current content. I'll come back next xpac and one-shot solo the area if I still care by then. Blizzard needs to stop hiring Korean MMO developers. "Collect 5000 bear asses" is exactly the kind of super grind you'd find in Korean MMOs like Lineage, Aion, etc.

Exactly. I did dino bones at 100, and plan to do emperor shao-hao at some point too. I have no interest in spending so much time grinding. I'll do it at level 110.

But instead of sitting around and doing things like farming easy achievments and things, you could run and say hey, i'm getting myself something that not most of the people have at this point of the game.
    I dont know whats up with the most people, because in the most groups you get 500+ claws in one hour, so you have around 2000+ at exalted, and i mean that little time more or less ...
    Took me around 1 1/2 hour for getting rev. for acm and got 1000 claws for the first mount so far.

Huh, I guess I took being a tank for granted more than I thought. Takes me maybe 20 minutes to farm 500 fangs, been doing that many per day just about done with my 5k. I do understand how this would suck for DPS though, can't exactly pull 15-20 mobs and AoE them down like my monk does.

Don't really see the complaints about 5k vs exalted though, why are you complaining that exalted is fast and easy? Would you rather the rep grind be just as slow? So what, one grindy thing with a way better reward (flying eventually) goes way faster than the one with a decent title.
    Last edited by v1perz53; 2015-07-23 at 12:17 AM.

It several weeks into the patch, most people got exalted through the weekly quest and medallions. Grinding kills is completely unnecessary for the faction.

500 in 20 minutes is unbelievable. In that I don't believe you. Tanks can't kill the mobs that fast solo, and if you're grouped you share the fangs with other players.