My compiled list of grievances with World of Warcraft

-Wow Anniversaries never felt that special every anniversary I can remember with the exception of the 10th was just an XP bonus tabard sent to you in the mail. Useless if all your characters were max level. The 10th wasn't that special either. A scaled up old raid and a broken 40vs40 battleground. Whoever had more bots or less healers lost and the winner was decided within the first 5 minutes. After I won once and got my title I never stepped foot into again.

-Customer Loyalty. The only thing you get from playing wow for 11 years is if you played since the first month of vanilla you get a statue sent to you.

-They never got the talent system right in wow. The old Trees were a mess and had lots of filler, lots of people googled the best build or stuck with their own build which may have sucked. It felt more like an RPG though and it was a very rewarding feeling to gain a talent point each level.

Mop's talent Grid was a good idea but I think it was poorly implemented. There's often 1 good choice per tier vs 2 bad choices or 1 choice is clearly pve one pvp and one sucks. Some classes got stuck with really boring awful grids like Rogues with no clear theme for any of the tiers except the Mobility tier (60). 2 classes got stuck with a grid where no talents change based your specialization, Death Knights and Rogues.

-Class Trainers were abandoned. Almost no reason to ever visit one unless your a druid and want to change your duel spec.

-Lots of little things(You no longer need firewood to make a campfire to cook with. You no longer buy or craft reagents for your class.) Most people will just label that stuff as "Tedium"

- Over use of Phasing technology for quests.

- No choice of where to level anymore. IF your alliance in draenor its Shadowmoon valley-Gorgrond-Talador-Spires-Nagrand
    if your horde its Frostfire Ridge-Gorgrond-Talador-Spires-Nagrand.

- They never attempted to balance Racial abilities. Ever see a gnome or a worgen in Arena? Nope just Humans barring the classes that cannot be Human like druids. Despite what you have heard this expansion in Wotlk Human was also the most popular pvp race because of Every Man for himself and increased stealth detection. Humans have always been popular ppl like how they look but the last time Humans were not a dominantly represented race in Arena was TBC when Arena was first introduced into the game. Simple back then Humans only had an active use detect stealth ability there was no every man for himself.

Thanks for sharing? I don't know what do you expect with that title

/Nostalgia goggles on.

I so miss Old Azeroth, what they did with the zones in Cataclysm for 80-85 was a mess and hated how they were so far apart. Along with the change in leveling 1-60, its way too fast now a days. After you hit 60 and head to Outlands, leveling becomes this "omg is it over yet!?". I would level a toon 1-60 just to experience Vanilla zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    -Lots of little things(You no longer need firewood to make a campfire to cook with. You no longer buy or craft reagents for your class.) Most people will just label that stuff as "Tedium"
    I don't remember ever needing firewood, not even back in vanilla release.... you sure about that one?

And most reagents were so trivial to acquire that it was little more than a nuisance when you ran out. Even tabletop RPGs like D&D have pouches that let you ignore minor reagent requirements as standard adventurer gear because that kind of thing is really just an annoying chore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't remember ever needing firewood, not even back in vanilla release.... you sure about that one?
    Actually, he's right. You did need to buy 'Simple Wood'. And have the 'Flint and Tinder' as tools, as shown by the old spell's tooltip.

And most reagents were so trivial to acquire that it was little more than a nuisance when you ran out. Even tabletop RPGs like D&D have pouches that let you ignore minor reagent requirements as standard adventurer gear because that kind of thing is really just an annoying chore.
    Agreed. Having to pause a raid because the warlock forgot to fill all his bags with soul shards or because the Paladin doesn't have enough 'Symbol of Kings' to cast 'Greater' blessings in the entire raid was nothing short of frustrating, tedious and detracting of the actual gameplay.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2015-07-19 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Fixed needing wood for campfire
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

The problem is over refinement.

As the game becomes more refined and streamlined it becomes less charming. Being able to open your cooking menu and make food every time you are able to stop is very efficient.

Buying some firewood from jeeves building a fire and cooking while the raid leader is talking strategy is charm.

So there's a real balance there. Getting to a raid boss and finding out the pally doesn't have reagents to do a buff is just an unnecessary frustration.

But yeah... streamlining the cooking fire thing was completely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    The problem is over refinement.

As the game becomes more refined and streamlined it becomes less charming. Being able to open your cooking menu and make food every time you are able to stop is very efficient.

Buying some firewood from jeeves building a fire and cooking while the raid leader is talking strategy is charm.

So there's a real balance there. Getting to a raid boss and finding out the pally doesn't have reagents to do a buff is just an unnecessary frustration.

But yeah... streamlining the cooking fire thing was completely unnecessary.
    I wasn't a huge fan of pally reagents, but I liked that Rogues made poisons, for instance. Or that you needed to feed your pet.

You really spelled it out well for me. I never knew what I feel like we've "lost" over the years, and thats charm. It was charming to have responsibilities to your Hunter pets.. or the fire wood. Rogue poisons are a reagent, sure... but they were more complex than symbol of kings or whatever they were called.

I think the real fix should have been stacks... if they just increased stack sizes to what they are now.. a lot soon.. that would have been a much better fix.