Thread: GW2 Playerbase

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I started playing some 2 months ago.
    I notice that in some zones i am proposed to move to more populated server quite often.

I haven't had such issues in Queensdale, but now that i am playing in Sparkly Fen, i am requested to move every 20-30 min, which is rather annoying when it happens in the middle of a meta event. After the switch i often find the event already completed.

I usually play in the evenings, which should be the busiest time for the game.

I don't know if that has something to do with overall population or the megaserver mechanisms. It just gives me this feeling of playing in a ghosttown game.

Deleted
    ^ Places like Sparkly Fen are usually visited only for the Tequatl dragon. A lot of people are AFK in one spot until he spawns, because some already get online an hour or two before to claim a map and taxi people in.

This means if 90% of the people are in that 1 spot, only 10% is spread over the rest of the map. If those 90% weren't AFK in one spot, it would have been more populated by other people running around, like other maps - since they claim a lot of space in a server.

Queensdale doesn't have this 'problem' because it's very easy to kill the boss. Tequatl needs tactics, so you can't just 'hop in and kill it' like the other bosses. There are even special TeamSpeak servers set up to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    i am requested to move every 20-30 min, which is rather annoying when it happens in the middle of a meta event. After the switch i often find the event already completed.
    If you're completing the event, why move at all?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    If you're completing the event, why move at all?
    Because it ends up in a group event that i cannot manage to finish myself.

Servers don't mean anything except for wvw.

There is always people around, but don't expect people to be very vocal. There isn't any reason to group so most people don't. Instances either scare off new players or are a total joke to veterans so a lot of people don't bother with dungeons. For solo friendliness the game is pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I logged onto GW2 the other day just to see how the new Lion's Arch looked. I hadn't been on GW2 for a LONG time. I was on Tarnished Coast. The place was absolutely dead. Like no one was talking, playing, or doing anything....even in some of the more popular PvE areas (or at least the ones that had people in them the last time I played). Even the big PvE boss battles that give out decent rewards were majorly lacking in players compared to before when I still played.

So I'm not sure what the hell people mean when they say GW2 is still active and going strong. The game is basically dead compared to what it was when I was still actively playing. WvW seems to be the only thing with any decent activity levels any more.
    You are either making this up, or you were in sparsely populated areas. With the megaserver system the game has, there is no separation based on server anymore. Everyone is able to play together in multiple instances of the game. Most if not all of the endgame areas and cities have a few instances running side by side. It's possible that you were in one of the newer ones and the others were full. World bosses are generally always packed...I have not seen any of them with less than 50 or so players, and I generally play around 12-3am EST.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Logged onto Tarnished Coast to get my daily chest and took a walk around, and there were twenty people or so in Lion's Arch.
    In that instance of Lions Arch, possibly. Keep in mind there are generally a few more that are full running alongside the one you are in. Megaserver system bro.

Deleted
    Lots of people last time I checked, and GW2 community is pretty nice !

Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    Lots of people last time I checked, and GW2 community is pretty nice !
    This. Moving over from WoW to FF14 and GW2 is a complete culture shock, the community is so damn amazing in both games.

Deleted
    It's not that bad and it can only get getter after expansion!