Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a PC gamer by preference (+ have Xbox controller for Windows), but I still have a PS4/Wii U/n3DS for existing/future exclusives.

If there are exclusives that you want to play and you think that they're worth the console buy-in cost, then go for it - otherwise, stick to your PC.

No point buying a console for the multiplatform titles though unless you don't have a great PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I'm a PC gamer by preference (+ have Xbox controller for Windows), but I still have a PS4/Wii U/n3DS for existing/future exclusives.

If there are exclusives that you want to play and you think that they're worth the console buy-in cost, then go for it - otherwise, stick to your PC.

No point buying a console for the multiplatform titles though unless you don't have a great PC.
    This is probably the most you are going to take away from this thread at best.

Deleted
    if you're only interested in playing witcher 3 / batman arkham knight and you ofc have the pc to play them i suggest just getting a controller for your pc as a lot of games have controller supports now, especially if they're cross-platform

Eh, I'm usually all about the PC. Still have yet to buy a PS4 or XBox One.

There are some titles that just have shitty / barely working PC ports and work better on consoles (Mortal Kombat X comes to mind), but you're almost always going to be better off on the PC unless the games you want are console exclusive.

I bought a PS4 in January, just for a few exclusive games honestly, and to play with the few friends that have one. Spent 600 dollars for the console, 2 games and a 2 year warranty. Its been sitting for about 4 months collecting dust. Every time I think of buying a game for it I end up getting it on the PC if I can. If there are specific games you want that are only on the PS4 and you have the money Id say buy one. They also have a thing to play older games, cant remember what its called. You can play things like Bioshock Infinite and Uncharted and other older games which is cool ( if your internet is shit its not worth it, they are all streamed and the quality is horrible)

Quote Originally Posted by Lafy View Post
    I bought a PS4 in January, just for a few exclusive games honestly, and to play with the few friends that have one. Spent 600 dollars for the console, 2 games and a 2 year warranty. Its been sitting for about 4 months collecting dust. Every time I think of buying a game for it I end up getting it on the PC if I can. If there are specific games you want that are only on the PS4 and you have the money Id say buy one. They also have a thing to play older games, cant remember what its called. You can play things like Bioshock Infinite and Uncharted and other older games which is cool ( if your internet is shit its not worth it, they are all streamed and the quality is horrible)
    But did you play blood borne?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say if you want a PS4 just wait because they are making a new model where it comes with like a TB of hard drive space. Then when that comes out look for a bundle if they make any.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have mentioned, it boils down to the console exclusives and/or the convenience of playing a console in your den while relaxing on your couch.

Personally, I bought the PS4 for Bloodborne. I've only played a handful of games on it, Destiny, Infamous Second Son, and Mortal Kombat X. Based on those games alone I have felt justified in buying the PS4 and pleased with the purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    As a PS4 owner, buy an X-box one.

PSN consistently has connection problems.

If I didn't already have a ton of games for PS4 I would switch to x-box one.

Also Halo 5, if you're into that series. It's x-box exclusive.
    I've never had connection issues, and I've had my PS4 for about 4 or 5 months now. My advice - if you know someone that owns a PS4, ask if you can try it out for a little while, see what you think, then go from there
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I bought a PS4 about 6 months ago and never really played it UNTIL recently..... Bloodborne...fucking love that game. I then prompty bought Dark Souls 2 for PS4, love it so far. It is so deep, the Dark Souls series along with Bloodborne are masterpieces.. So now I am putting a lot of time into my PS4. No issues with network uptime with ps4 either. I had always been an Xbox user and do not regret going to the PS4 at all.

Upgraded to a new powerful pc and havent used it much lately either. The Witcher 3 is awesome though and Fallout 4 will be awesome in Nov.

Seriously though, I would buy a PS4 just for the dark Souls series or anything from FROM Software. Plus a bunch of great games on the way. Tpyically ive been a major PC gamer only but this past 5 months, all about the PS4.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    Consoles are shit , unless there is a game you really wanna play that is console exclusive , play PC.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Like others have mentioned, it boils down to the console exclusives and/or the convenience of playing a console in your den while relaxing on your couch.

Personally, I bought the PS4 for Bloodborne. I've only played a handful of games on it, Destiny, Infamous Second Son, and Mortal Kombat X. Based on those games alone I have felt justified in buying the PS4 and pleased with the purchase.
    I hook my PC to the TV all the time, all it takes is the HDMI cable
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2015-07-21 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    there isn't a single game out there that is worth picking up a console for
    There are real masterpieces you only get on console. As like Uncharted. Or The Last of Us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah the FF remake does sound interesting even if their previous titles werent my cup of tea. Im a FF7/8/9 FIEND.

Can you use your same account on the ps4 as your ps3 account to get all your purchased ps1 games from the online store?
    Sadly no but yes same account just no purchase transfer I WISH it was backwards compatible at least though

That said I prefer ps4 to say Xbox and have a mid end pc I guess it is now maybe low for other stuff.. Honestly yeah pc looks better(and mods ahoy) but I prefer the ps4 controller and I am not sure any programs support TouchPad yet(plus a bitch to setup)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    There are real masterpieces you only get on console. As like Uncharted. Or The Last of Us.
    Bloodborne and some others too

For the same price, you can build a great PC. Seriously, make a post on https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/ just asking what a PC would need to be comparable to a PS4, go nuts. If you're hesitant because you want a controller instead of a mouse+keyboard, there are plenty of PC controllers. PCs are objectively better than consoles in every way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    For the same price, you can build a great PC. Seriously, make a post on https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/ just asking what a PC would need to be comparable to a PS4, go nuts. If you're hesitant because you want a controller instead of a mouse+keyboard, there are plenty of PC controllers. PCs are objectively better than consoles in every way.
    other than consoles having some rly good triple A exclusives that we will never see on PC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    That said I prefer ps4 to say Xbox and have a mid end pc I guess it is now maybe low for other stuff.. Honestly yeah pc looks better(and mods ahoy) but I prefer the ps4 controller and I am not sure any programs support TouchPad yet(plus a bitch to setup)
    https://inputmapper.com/
    Is what I've been using (or well, lack of using since I haven't played stuff that need it for a while). Has touch pad and stuff.

And let's not make this into a 'pc master race' / platform war kind of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    https://inputmapper.com/
    Is what I've been using (or well, lack of using since I haven't played stuff that need it for a while). Has touch pad and stuff.

And let's not make this into a 'pc master race' / platform war kind of shit.
    Thanks and agreed pc master shit is just ugggh can't we all be brothers in gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Thanks and agreed pc master shit is just ugggh can't we all be brothers in gaming
    100% this.

Owning a console and owning a PC aren't mutually exclusive. Decrease the hate.

I've decided to go solely PC. Never have to worry about about backwards compatibility. Most of the time anyway. One platform for the rest of the time I'll be interested in games. Cheaper with consistent sales. Exclusive games. It's hands down the best platform imo. I ca live without the Sony exclusives. Only game I wish was on PC is the EA NHL franchise. Don't see why they don't because Fifa is on PC. Also you can simply setup the PC on your living room tv and play traditional console style with a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I've decided to go solely PC. Never have to worry about about backwards compatibility. Most of the time anyway. One platform for the rest of the time I'll be interested in games. Cheaper with consistent sales. Exclusive games. It's hands down the best platform imo. I ca live without the Sony exclusives. Only game I wish was on PC is the EA NHL franchise. Don't see why they don't because Fifa is on PC. Also you can simply setup the PC on your living room tv and play traditional console style with a controller.
    While this comment elucidates why you would choose PC over other consoles, it doesn't explain at all why you would choose to only use one console in the first place.