Help with damage (log review)

Hi could someone please have a quick look at this log and give me some pointers if you have find any? I thought I played the fight pretty well. Probably missed a couple MB and could have sniped a few more deaths, but nothing drastic. Also may have capped and lost a few orbs and let dots fall off once or twice. Looking at other parses... it feels like I'm just doing something REALLY wrong.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Xts/advanced

Deleted
    I only play shadow for solo/questing but to me your damage looks fine? Tho missing a few MBs, Sw: D, capping orbs and let dots fall off...can be more drastic then you think. Depending on how often we are talking about. Anyway i leave rest for professionals.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-07-20 at 01:10 PM.

I'm hardly an expert log analyzer or pro raider, but it looks fine to me. I compared it to my own log from yesterday (I'm 1 ilvl higher, similar gear (2pc + 2pc), almost identical fight length, same talents) and you did 62.6k and I did 69.9k. Actually, as far as I can tell, your performance might have been slightly better than mine (better dot uptime, more shadowy apparition procs). It seems the only difference is that my trinkets are better. I'm running goren soul repository and unblinking gaze of sethe. Other than the darklight ray procs from my sethe our damage breakdown is very very close.

EDIT: Also the timing of my group's lust overlapped with the 2nd add in phase two add better than it did with yours. I also seem to have done a lot more damage to the 3rd add, but I'm not really sure what that means.

We both ranked fairly poorly, so perhaps someone else could suggest improvements
    Last edited by Sxq; 2015-07-20 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    I'll be quick:

- Sometimes MB isn't cast enough, as high as 16 seconds between casts on a fight which is fairly easy to execute the rotation
    - VT uptime is lower than it should be
    - You may have missed an opportunity to use SWD at some point

Your gear is meh at best. You're missing the gaze trinket which is pretty decent for this fight and and IRPiston. Regarding your stats, very, very low amounts of haste and average-crap levels of crit and a bit too much mastery.

While the sandman trinket is pretty decent at level 6, its situationlly worse than the other two I mentioned and GSR is outdated compared to heroic versions of these trinkets.

Regarding the log, it seems ok except from what I've mentioned. No glaring issues.