Orphan runes as Blood DK

Hey fellow Blood Dks, this might sound like a noon question but it is a serious one as I would like to get better and better at blood dk.

Say for example I use Defile on cooldown and then use my other runes on Death Strike and Blood Boil as required, what happens when a scenario such as, I have a set of death runes (Frost/Unholy) and my other frost and unholy are kinda staggered because of using Defile.

Do I sit and wait for those runes to come back into sync with each other or just keep on playing and not worrying about it? Because I find that I'm waiting for a Death Strike but currently can't because my frost rune is back but my unholy has like 2-3 seconds before it's up?

Not sure if I explained it thoroughly but nonetheless thanks for the help if you can.

Don't worry about it. You never lose performance unless both runes of a type are capped.

Ok thanks, wasn't sure if it was a big deal because I found I couldn't Death Strike when I needed cause the runes were staggered a bit, guess you could fix it by having a set ready, with 5 blood charges, and use Defile and quickly Blood tap to replace one so your runes are still in sync.