Deleted

What's wrong with my deeps?

I feel like I should be pulling more dps with my gear right now, but I personally can't seem to pinpoint it, so I figured you guys might be able to.

Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nybNBmP3kpLJRXqj/
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onautti/simple

Keep in mind that this is a alt I recently rolled and started to gear, with the intention of turning it to my main when it is ready gear/dps wise.

I am currently on my phone, so I can't gather all of the information I wanted from your armory, but since you have the 2t17 you should probably be gemming and enchanting for crit instead of mastery, especially on your weapons. You're currently at 21ish percent crit. With food and raid buff that will probably increase to 27-28%. If you do the weapon enchants for thunderlord, they give about 5% crit and they stack, which would put you at around 38%. If you change all your other enchants and stuff to crit (this is where I can gather all info, cause I can't see your enchants on my phone) you could gain another 3-4% crit putting you at 42% with procs. With your set bonus, you will be getting so much more energy AND combo points that your envenom uptime will increase by 10-15%, which also increases the damage of your mutilate and dispatch.

That being said, everything looked about right with a brief glance at the log. Dummy dps is not a trustworthy gauge. There are so many things that you don't get (bloodlust, raid buffs, execute etc.) that it make the numbers just weird. For instance, an MM hunter looks great on a dummy because of the synergy with high target HP%, simultaneously a shadow priest with twist of fate would look worse than normal because that talent never procs. Make sense?

To check what your optimum gems and enchants are for your exact gear is. I would check for you, but it doesn't work on phone.

Speaking of which, Fierydemise, could you ask the boys at shadowcraft if there is a possibility of a mobile friendly version?
    Last edited by Athonel; 2015-07-20 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    You want to enchant your neck, cloak, and rings with +crit. Also change the Bleeding Hollow enchants to Thunderlord. I would also find an alternative trinket to Mark of Supreme Doom as it's pretty poop for DPS. You want to use the Vendetta glyph as well.

I am curious about the advice being given to the OP. According to Simcraft, mastery is ~28% better than crit with BiS gear. What makes crit overtake mastery outside of BiS?
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    I am curious about the advice being given to the OP. According to Simcraft, mastery is ~28% better than crit with BiS gear. What makes crit overtake mastery outside of BiS?
    He doesn't have Archimonde trinket, so crit will go a long way to increasing envenom uptime.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    He is like 670 ilvl with 2t17. No where near BIS.

Deleted
    On a related note, when should you swap crit with mastery? - Im going mastery atm. but im not 100% sure thats the way to go with my level of gear..

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ricksie/simple

Thx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ezola View Post
    On a related note, when should you swap crit with mastery? - Im going mastery atm. but im not 100% sure thats the way to go with my level of gear..

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ricksie/simple

Thx in advance.
    According to Shadowcraft your character values crit at 0.622 and mastery at 0.561, so you could switch everything if you wanted, but once you switch the values between the two reverse and mastery becomes ever so slightly better. You'd gain around 200 dps from switching to crit, however the most DPS by far comes from switching weapon enchants to Thunderlord and leaving everything else as mastery (it's much cheaper), as the gems and armor enchant switching barley changes DPS.

TL;DR use Thunderlord on your weapons if you want ~200 dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    According to Shadowcraft your character values crit at 0.622 and mastery at 0.561, so you could switch everything if you wanted, but once you switch the values between the two reverse and mastery becomes ever so slightly better. You'd gain around 200 dps from switching to crit, however the most DPS by far comes from switching weapon enchants to Thunderlord and leaving everything else as mastery (it's much cheaper), as the gems and armor enchant switching barley changes DPS.

TL;DR use Thunderlord on your weapons if you want ~200 dps.
    Ah yes, well okay..thx alot.. i will stay with mastery since the gain isnt bigger.