Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Nerf Death Siphon.

Dumbest ability currently in the game. DW Frost DK's can basically get 60k-100k heals off of one Death Siphon which only costs one Death Rune. It's hardly a resource penalty for DW as Death Siphon generates runic power that can be used to mash Frost Strike which is DW's hardest hitting attack.

It's almost impossible to kill a DW Frost DK with a brain that knows how to abuse Blood Tap/Death Siphon/Plague Leech combo in conjunction with Pillar of Frost to make the heals even stronger as Death Siphon heals based on the amount of damage you deal to the target. This is only going to get worse as the season goes on when DW Frost DK's get full gear with full Mastery. Mastery stacking is the source as to why Death Siphon heals so much for DW. Death Siphon is shadowfrost damage much like BoS, Necrotic Plague is where the more Mastery you have, the stronger these abilities are.

The solution is that they should either nerf the damage Death Siphon deals by 30% or make it so that it doesn't generate runic power anymore. It's actually insane how hard it is to kill a DK where even if you have his/her healer locked out for 12 seconds straight and you severely outplay the shit out of them, the DK can just go into livelord mode with Death Siphon and live through whatever damage you throw at him/her.

People will argue that Death Siphon is counterable if you silence, stun, fear the DK. That argument would work for a normal class but not for DK's as DK's have 3 ways to stop stuns, 2 ways to stop silences and 2 ways to stop fears and on top of all of that anti magic shell.

I understand that DK's are a horribly designed trash tier no skilled class however, I want this dumb Death Siphon livelord shit to go away. It's not fun for anyone at all levels of the game from casual bg's to hardcore arena.

And I want diminishing effects to be back in the game. But like both of us it isn't going to happen.

Deleted
    >plays a warrior
    >says other classes should get nerfed.

ahahahaha

Infracted
    Last edited by Wass; 2015-07-23 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    >plays a warrior
    >says other classes should get nerfed.

ahahahaha
    This has nothing to do with the thread. I agree that Warriors should be nerfed, but this isn't a "nerf Warrior thread."

I play DK right now btw. Death Siphon is retarded even as 2H Frost although at least 2H Frost loses a ton of damage from using it.

DW hardly loses any damage and gets more healing from it. I've played it on PTR before the patch, and you're basically invincible if you can abuse the rune system correctly.

Deleted
    Indeed, I agree aswell that it is a bit too overpowered. I myself play a DK and there has been several times in 2v2 arenas where my arena partner got killed very early and I was alone against a dps and a healer or even double dps and usually the end results are me killing them both and leaving the arena at almost 100% hp again.

nerf all dps healing to the ground.

Deleted
    Got some evidence on death siphon being overpowered except pvp forum hyperbole?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-DK-PvP-Issues

But, according to you
    Seriously, overrated garbage. DK's really aren't good at all.
    Why nerf a class that isn't good at all?

Deleted
    I'd like Blizzard in general to remove/drastically nerf all of the self healing of dps classes, especially classes that don't even have a healing spec.

Rogues, Hunters, Mages shouldn't be able to heal themselves at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'd like Blizzard in general to remove/drastically nerf all of the self healing of dps classes, especially classes that don't even have a healing spec.

Rogues, Hunters, Mages shouldn't be able to heal themselves at all.
    Except that mages really cant heal themselves anymore from what i remember. (Except food obviously.) Or wait i forgot about the glyph of regenerative ice which is 40% of your hp if you ice block for 10 seconds.

Deleted
    mages actually have always been the exception

before there was this ice block glyph they had the evocation glyph but still I think the whole dps healing is way out of control these days

it simply trivializes pvp, because when you can heal yourself you can make many mistakes and still walk away

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    nerf all dps healing to the ground.
    In no way this would make warriors and mages ridiculously overpowered then.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    In no way this would make warriors and mages ridiculously overpowered then.
    Actually, mages can pull more heals than a warrior, which is just sad.

Just sayin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post

Just sayin.
    most false comment to date

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    most false comment to date
    unless you count absorbs as healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post

Just sayin.
    Lol

/10char

Sure nerf death siphon and in return make DKs not made of paper. Death siphon exists because DKs don't have any mitigation. This has been DK design since forever, take shit tons of damage, heal some of it back. It just used to be melee ranged only and now that frost mages, hunters, etc can't kite and explode a DK everyone has tears? Ryan, I know you are notorious for one sided rants and tears but even you know how DKs are designed and why they have the tools they do. If what you are currently crying about was even remotely a problem you would see DKs as the most represented class and stomping the ladders. Instead they are number 9 in representation at 4.4% and arguably the best DK (Mes) plays warrior instead.

I would trade some actual mobility and some percentage defensives for stupid self healing any day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Sure nerf death siphon and in return make DKs not made of paper. Death siphon exists because DKs don't have any mitigation. This has been DK design since forever, take shit tons of damage, heal some of it back. It just used to be melee ranged only and now that frost mages, hunters, etc can't kite and explode a DK everyone has tears? Ryan, I know you are notorious for one sided rants and tears but even you know how DKs are designed and why they have the tools they do. If what you are currently crying about was even remotely a problem you would see DKs as the most represented class and stomping the ladders. Instead they are number 9 in representation at 4.4% and arguably the best DK (Mes) plays warrior instead.

I would trade some actual mobility and some percentage defensives for stupid self healing any day.
    Yep. No mitigation at all. Oh except Blood Presence, Anti Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude, which is more than what warriors, ferals, shamans and monks have. Other than those, yep.

Blood presence, 10% mitigation that guts your damage, AMS that is a 40% HP absorb that doesn't help against hunters, warriors, ferals, combat rogues, sub rogues, etc and IBF that is such a huge amount of mitigation (20% for 8 secs on 3 minute!!! CD) that every DK in existence glyphs it for half duration just to have a stun break. By the way, die by the sword is 30% reduction plus 100% parry on a shorter CD....

DKs are designed to take tons of damage and heal it back. If they don't have heals then they need mitigation like pretty much every other class that is not designed around healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Blood presence, 10% mitigation that guts your damage, AMS that is a 40% HP absorb that doesn't help against hunters, warriors, ferals, combat rogues, sub rogues, etc and IBF that is such a huge amount of mitigation (20% for 8 secs on 3 minute!!! CD) that every DK in existence glyphs it for half duration just to have a stun break. By the way, die by the sword is 30% reduction plus 100% parry on a shorter CD....

DKs are designed to take tons of damage and heal it back. If they don't have heals then they need mitigation like pretty much every other class that is not designed around healing.
    This has to rate up there in the all time "don't nerf me" line of posts underselling of a class.

ya ibf so garbage being a stun break and immunity, but psh only an additional 20% dr. such a garbage ability.

ams "only" 40% of you hp as a damage shield + new magic effect immunity ability. (ps arcane shot)