Deleted

Russia: Soccer Player insults racist Fans. Has to stop playing.

This is not a one time thing. Russian fans insult players with ethnic african features all the time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6276478.html

MOSCOW (AP) — The Russian Football Union banned a club player for three matches on Friday for showing an offensive gesture to fans who racially abused him.

FC Rostov midfielder Guelor Kanga, from Gabon, was targeted with monkey chants by Spartak Moscow fans in the Russian Premier League on Thursday, and responded by showing them his middle finger.

In addition to a three-match ban, Kanga was fined 50,000 rubles ($930) for the "insulting gesture to fans," the RFU said.

Spartak was fined 70,000 rubles ($1,300) for "the chanting by fans of insulting expressions," a charge which usually refers to swearing, rather than the separate offense of racist chanting.
    Even the coachs participate in this disgracefull behaviour.
    Rostov coach Igor Gamula was already banned from the fixture as part of a five-match sanction for discriminatory comments about black players on his own team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    This is not a one time thing. Russian fans insult players with ethnic african features all the time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6276478.html

Even the coachs participate in this disgracefull behaviour.
    Not just Russian fans (and players on occasion) are racist all the time.
    It happens in every European top league.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No, it happens only in Russia. Because every Russian is a racist. And only Russians are racist. This is the sole purpose of this otherwise pointless thread.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    This is from last year.

Admittedly it happened last week to Frimpong as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    This is from last year.

Admittedly it happened last week to Frimpong as well.
    I choose the wrong article sorry...
    read this in german and didn't think that exactly the same bullshit could've happened before.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/spo...der-match.html

Emmanuel Frimpong was sent off after he raised a middle finger to the crowd in response to alleged monkey chants during a Russian Premier League game between Ufa and Spartak Moscow on Friday.

'When the match was stopped, the fans started shouting "monkey" at me,' the former Arsenal player told reporters after the game ended 2-2. 'Then the monkey chants started.

'I don't have any problems with the Spartak fans in general. I just did not keep my cool, I showed my emotions and it was my mistake. I want to say sorry for what I did,' he added.

10+ Year Old Account
    It came as more of surprise that Frimpong had actually found a club who would play him. He was on Arsenal's books for a while and was mostly "famous" for his Twitter account, using the word 'dench' and being Lethal Bizzle's cousin.

Not really sure what there is to discuss, the opposition fans wound him up, he reacted and got sent off. Their method of winding him up was distasteful, but fans wind up players week in, week out in the hopes of getting a reaction - obviously not Gooners, we're far too civilised for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Their method of winding him up was distasteful, but fans wind up players week in, week out in the hopes of getting a reaction
    Sometimes the clubs can do something about it, instead of shrugging it off.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Sometimes the clubs can do something about it, instead of shrugging it off.
    Clubs issue stadium bans on a weekly basis..
    In Germany the clubs working hand in hand with the authorities and stadium ban automatically equates in a nationwide ban, not just the home clubs stadium..
    And still it happens... Those "fan" groups are large, and quite powerful too. And it is what it is.... the football fan bases around Europe are undermined by radical right wing extremists. That's a very easy target demographic to draw new recruits from.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Happens a lot more in Russia and other eastern European countries though. Ukrainian and Russian football clubs (and the national teams) are forever having to play behind closed doors because of the racism spewed by the fans. Spain and Italy are probably the worst offenders in Western Europe, but the Eastern European fans are definitely a lot worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clubs issue stadium bans on a weekly basis..
    In Germany the clubs working hand in hand with the authorities and stadium ban automatically equates in a nationwide ban, not just the home clubs stadium..
    And still it happens... Those "fan" groups are large, and quite powerful too. And it is what it is.... the football fan bases around Europe are undermined by radical right wing extremists. That's a very easy target demographic to draw new recruits from.
    Even Chelsea, whose fans have been notoriously racist in the past, are now dishing out bans to fans for racism.

This stuff changes over time. The players should be reporting it and the FAs should be acting on those reports, but players shouldn't react on the pitch as that is what the racists want.

Deleted
    Well shouldn't is one thing as long as they don't physical assault somebody over it I can just say that it is a very human reaction.
    Top when they manage to shrug it off but as long as they don't go overboard no biggie.