Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    i7-4790k
    GTX 980
    32gb Corsair Ripjaws
    h100i

I do not dip below 60 fps on mythic with everything max at 1920x1080. Vsync and SSA 4x + CMAA anti-aliasing. Two displays.

Edit: OP: the GTX 970 is pretty notorious for graphical problems. You should see if swapping for a different card, even older, would improve things.
    And yet, people with rigs significantly more powerful than yours (i7 5xxx series CPUs overclocked to 5+ ghz on custom water loops and Titan X or 980Ti's in SLI cant achieve a stable 60fps in Mythic raids or busy capitals.

So, lets see the proof. Like I said, itll be a literal World First, and the internet community will make you e-famous as the giy who did it and everyone will eant to know what Voodoo you worked to achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    And yet, people with rigs significantly more powerful than yours (i7 5xxx series CPUs overclocked to 5+ ghz on custom water loops and Titan X or 980Ti's in SLI cant achieve a stable 60fps in Mythic raids or busy capitals.

So, lets see the proof. Like I said, itll be a literal World First, and the internet community will make you e-famous as the giy who did it and everyone will eant to know what Voodoo you worked to achieve it.
    he probably has "raid settings" to medium and have normal to ULTRA and dont even know

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    he probably has "raid settings" to medium and have normal to ULTRA and dont even know
    Or they are just lying. Either way.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Edit: OP: the GTX 970 is pretty notorious for graphical problems. You should see if swapping for a different card, even older, would improve things.
    Im sorry but this is bullshit.

The GTX 970 is not notorious for graphical problems. The only thing about it people bitch about is the last 500mb of Vram that runs 80% slower. There is MANY benchmarks that shows you have to run games like Crysis 3/Unity at ultra settings+1440p before seeing any kind of problems.

The OP's problem is not GPU its CPU and no your not running any PC in mythic everything maxed 1080p above 60fps.

Edit: To add about the GTX 970 there is even benchmarks showing when OCed depending the game it can run as good if not slightly better then a stock GTX 980.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-07-24 at 02:15 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I'm getting 50-55FPS in Stormshield on Silvermoon Alliance on Ultra settings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethia View Post
    I'm getting 50-55FPS in Stormshield on Silvermoon Alliance on Ultra settings.
    That's not a feat in itself. Try out a full raid environment with 19 other people, mechanics going left and right ontop of addons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    That's not a feat in itself. Try out a full raid environment with 19 other people, mechanics going left and right ontop of addons.
    Just entering LFR now. Will take a look

Take Shadows down from Ultra and your FPS will go up a LOT. They are such a drain on the system.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    Just entering LFR now. Will take a look
    Constant 80+FPS. Hellfire Council LFR. Never dropped below 80 even in the Wailing Horror phase.

Deleted
    Constant 80+FPS. Hellfire Council LFR. Never dropped below 80 even in the Wailing Horror phase.
    And somehow i don't believe this, because that would make you the first person ever in the history of World of Warcraft to achieve the impossible (Although LFR might be plausible since no one has a shit idea on what to do, so it's just headless chickens running around compared to synchronized dps on Mythic). I'm gonna assume your Raid and Battlegrounds settings are set way lower than your Base settings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    And somehow i don't believe this, because that would make you the first person ever in the history of World of Warcraft to achieve the impossible (Although LFR might be plausible since no one has a shit idea on what to do, so it's just headless chickens running around compared to synchronized dps on Mythic). I'm gonna assume your Raid and Battlegrounds settings are set way lower than your Base settings.
    I made sure both are set to exactly the same. About to go to Gorefiend now. Hasn't dropped below 70FPS on either Council or Killrogg.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, stayed above 70FPS the whole time.

I made sure both are set to exactly the same. About to go to Gorefiend now. Hasn't dropped below 70FPS on either Council or Killrogg.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, stayed above 70FPS the whole time.
    LFR. LFR is not Mythic. There are half he mechanics going on, most of the particle effects are way less because people arent maxing their rotations, etc.

This isnt hyperbole.... loterally no one maintains a solid 60 or better in full-on Mythic Raids. Thousands of people have claimed it, and yet there isnt one single video of proof. Not one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    LFR. LFR is not Mythic. There are half he mechanics going on, most of the particle effects are way less because people arent maxing their rotations, etc.

This isnt hyperbole.... loterally no one maintains a solid 60 or better in full-on Mythic Raids. Thousands of people have claimed it, and yet there isnt one single video of proof. Not one.
    When I do Mythic Gorefiend on Sunday, i'll keep the settings the same and we'll see what I get. Not saying people are right or wrong. Was just adding in my twos worth. I'll record some tries as well

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    A 2nd gpu might help once skylake and DX12 releases

http://www.pcworld.com/article/29521...hics-tech.html

A new “Explicit Multiadapter” feature sounds just as exciting. Explicit Multiadapter lets software utilize multiple graphics processors inside a PC even if they aren’t from the same vendor—allowing you to, say, tap into the graphics integrated on your Intel processor for specific graphics tasks while your GeForce GPU handles primary duties, or rock an AMD Radeon graphics card and an Nvidia GeForce graphics card in the same system.

Offloading a portion of each frame’s rendering tasks to a secondary GPU can not only speed up frame rates, it can also help create a smoother gaming experience overall, as evidenced by Civilization: Beyond Earth’s use of “split frame rendering” in CrossFire setups with AMD’s Mantle API. (Traditional “Alternate Frame Rendering” for multi-card setups has each GPU alternate rendering a full frame—hence the name.)
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not at home to check, but I believe it's under the advanced system options. I actually tried letting the Nvidia control panel optimize it, and it had the option for render scale + downsize. It popped me up to bicubic 160% render scale, which was the heart of all my bad framerate problems. Getting that back to 100% instantly made me happy with my performance. Pretty sure I saw a render scale option on the in-game panel though.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds amazing. I'll be waiting to see how DX12 works out, and how it shakes down once the game is optimized for it. I'm quite happy for the time being, and a free upgrade in the form of DX12 will probably keep me happier for a while longer.

Last edit: I actually got rid of my R280x because it shit the bed in the way that the 970 doesn't. I've been ecstatic about the 970 since I got it. All of my issues were related to render scale, the GPU is excellent.
    Last edited by Annarion; 2015-07-27 at 09:49 PM.