Deleted

Spec as Rogue before HC Raids

It seems like all 3 rogue specs are good in HFC depending on boss? Should I learn all 3 specs or what spec should I spam dungeons with (level up and gearing at 100) ? I've mostly just played classes that has 1 spec that you play 100%, so a bit lost with what I should do when all 3 are good, or at least 2.

tips please

Assassination is generally the best spec to level with. If you want to get funky with it you could roll combat for instances.

For raiding it is more to preference and skill level.
    Also, gearing for all 3 is not practical unless your raid is just giving you everything that drops.
    Pick your ST spec and combat off so you have uber cleave.
    Learn all 3 specs. You will be better for it in the long run.
    If you are going to be serious about playing your rogue, you will want to learn Simcraft to min-max your gear.
    Once you get to the higher levels of play, id visit this forum again and look at some of the sickies as they are very informative.

If you don't want to get hardcore with your rogue and learn Simcraft, Shadowcraft is also a good resource (http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/). Its basically a GUI version of Simcraft and is usually very reliable.

These forums are a good resource. Ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    It seems like all 3 rogue specs are good in HFC depending on boss? Should I learn all 3 specs or what spec should I spam dungeons with (level up and gearing at 100) ? I've mostly just played classes that has 1 spec that you play 100%, so a bit lost with what I should do when all 3 are good, or at least 2.

tips please
    Pick up combat for Multitarget fights and hectic add-cleave. For the other bosses go Assassin (when you want to play a easy but good dps spec) or Sub (when you want a bit more of a challenge but with a higher reward).

Look up for the Thread with the description which spec to choose for which boss.

For all the other stuff like gear, just do what Amirantha said.
    Additionally you can look for guides and Theorycrafting, rogue-chat etc on www.ravenholdt.net

@Amiranhta: Nice taste in music btw
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric