Deleted

Horde What's the best mage creation setup at the moment?

I'm starting a new mage on an eu realm horde side. I wonder what the best horde race is. It's mainly casual for now with a possible horizon for the next expansion mainly.

I had a main mage in the past (cata) but I do it as a new start for now.

BE slightly ahead troll.

The race differences are soooooo minor it won't matter at all unless you plan to go full throttle Mythic min/max. The DPS difference between races is TINY, and there is very little utility to think about (outside of PvP I suppose).

Playing a race you find appealing and fun is probably more of a gain than the 0.1% extra damage you can squeeze out.

Undead>Undead>>>>>Undead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wetul View Post
    Undead>Undead>>>>>Undead
    If u play horde u will take undead because undead. And if u decide to play alliance u play undead. Its really simple.

Fun aside:
    Arcane:

Source: AT

Frost:

Source: AT
    For Fire go AT
    As u can see the difference is less then lesser. And no one knows whats happening next addon. So we come back to play undead.

If you dont care about the race then you should always go blood elf. 1% crit is decent for anyone and AoE interrupt is stronger than any other racial (obviously, its importance cannot be expressed in pure numbers).

10+ Year Old Account
    If horde, undead because LOOK AT IT. If alliance, Night Elf, because Shadowmeld mitigates stupidity in groups and is bad ass in PvP.

Deleted
    I decided to get a troll in the end. Though I mainly did it for the 'culture' of it, so I didn't go entirely on technical points. Its cooldown was always considered "good if skilled" and at the end of the day those racials change from major patch to major patch (mainly by devs looking at what race is overplayed I think).

+plus: I was playing a blood elf and a night elf for the last two characters I 'mained' so to hell with the "tall and fit" for a while.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-07-22 at 03:01 AM.

Yeah most of my characters are blood elf just for racial silence.

Quote Originally Posted by wetul View Post
    Undead>Undead>>>>>Undead
    If it ain't an undead it ain't a mage.

Undead all the way.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Best racials? Troll and Goblin are great.

Best aesthetically/thematically? Can't go wrong with Undead or Troll. Blood Elf if you like the whole Kael'thas look.

PS: Undead also make the best Warlocks, Priests, and Rogues.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.