Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Because why would you go 10 man only? People doing H Arch gotta do mythic next which require 20 people. So of course groups are around that size

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye because those groups that are on hc archimond atm are filled with f&f - what drugs are you on cause i woudl liek some of them if they make you claim bs like that -_-

Since the patch we have been bringing casuals/friends to our Heroic Archimonde kill every week. And it is exactly for the reason that Klatar listed.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

p1 is easier with fewer people, p2 is about the same, p3-4 is harder with fewer people. Ends up about even.

Like many others, we bring friends+family to our heroic clears to generate more loot. They get to coin on bosses they otherwise wouldn't be able to kill (and get a decent amount of loot that our main raid doesn't need), we get more drops to choose from. Win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    p1 is easier with fewer people, p2 is about the same, p3-4 is harder with fewer people. Ends up about even.

Like many others, we bring friends+family to our heroic clears to generate more loot. They get to coin on bosses they otherwise wouldn't be able to kill (and get a decent amount of loot that our main raid doesn't need), we get more drops to choose from. Win-win.
    Not even close. The ENTIRE fight is the sub 30% HP. It is amazingly easier the more people you have. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropndestroyrr View Post
    Since the patch we have been bringing casuals/friends to our Heroic Archimonde kill every week. And it is exactly for the reason that Klatar listed.
    You are not "on" HC archimonde though. He means that for those groups where this fight is currently progression for them.

This is definitely another fight where it's easier to faceroll the last phase with more people/healers, much like the vast majority of the instance. I think we took like 29 to our kill. If you're a guild that's just hitting heroic Arch then this fight can definitely be extremely difficult for you with <15 players until you farm up some more gear/get more rings. Perhaps that's the design, but the imbalance between having 15 people (which I imagine describes many heroic guilds playing WoW) and 30 (i.e., mythic guilds stuffing their raids) is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyosa View Post
    Hi,

we got our Firtskill yesterday with a 14 ppl grp. With a few rings in the raid and the increasing gearscore, it is definitely doable but the last phase is very chaotic.

Here is a video of our kill: www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=a8rg6P4mv9w (I'm not allowed to post links yet)

It's all about timing chains and handling the adds efficiently in P3. Delay chains during Rain of Fire and make sure the raid is toped before popping them.

For the nether Banishes, we sent 5 people (1 Tank, 1 Melee, 2 Ranged and 1 Heal) every time. Our two Hunters with 4set killed the shadow Adds very quickly so that the rest of the ranged could focuse on the Infernals. We had one Tank and our Hunters taunt the Infernals to spread them and then nuked the shit out of them (Melees the Tank Infernal, Ranged the others).

Maybe the video helps some of you guys out there .

Greetings
    Guess you got carried by that tanking cow.

10man is probably 2x more difficult than 30man.. I just did a 30man normal mode Archi kill pug, we had a few players under 30k dps, 7 under 40k dps, we had 4 dps above 50k dps (myself, a rogue from Rapid Eye Movement, some random hunter and a Shaman from some 9/13 mythic guild, tank was from same 9/13 mythic guild but the 2nd tank was a shitty geared alt).. We faceroll killed it on the 2nd try, boosting shitloads of players.

I've done a low man Archi normal kill with my own guild and it's harder than 11/13 bosses on HC, in a 30man group it's near enough a faceroll fight.. Heroic is the same situationm, It's not even remotely comparable. The difficulty of Archi HC with a 10man is on a completely different level to running 30man.

It might as well be classified as a different difficulty, though Blackhand was no different either.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-27 at 03:03 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Honestly this doesn't surprise me much because most guilds capable of killing H Archimonde at this point are, or should be, mythic capable guilds, and mythic capable guilds are going to have 20+ people.
    To add on to this, these are also guilds that know they can kill arch, and are bringing in guild casuals and friends to up the drop rate for actual raiders.

Edit: I didnt read the whole thread and I just noticed Dropndestroyrr already said this.
    Last edited by overdose; 2015-07-27 at 08:11 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It might as well be classified as a different difficulty, though Blackhand was no different either.
    Eh, not really, Blackhand had two separate points where balconies became much more deadly. As long as you were below certain raid size, it was ok, adding one more person increased the difficulty by more than it should and it eventually got hotfixed. Nothing like that happens here.

Deleted
    We are a 2/13 M guild. Due to vacation and some people moving we had some setup issues for the last 2 IDs and were going for archi hc with 15 to 17 people.

We had no problems until the last phase and then we simply got overrun by living shadow dying slowly to all the damage incoming running out of healing cds. We only had one hunter (me, dealing with the living shadows) and were rather melee heavy. Our best try was something just under 10%. We got rekt in the last phase again and again, barely improving at all.
    Yesterday we had some trials with us, resulting in a raidsize of 24 (3 hunters), but still pretty melee-heavy.

The result was: we finally killed it in the first pull of the evening. That felt really ridiculous and underwhelming after banging our head against a wall for 2 evenings. The boss is so much easier with more people (especially with 2 hunters able to deal with the living shadows) and imho the tuning for smaller raidsizes is totally broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyosa View Post
    Hi,

we got our Firtskill yesterday with a 14 ppl grp. With a few rings in the raid and the increasing gearscore, it is definitely doable but the last phase is very chaotic.

Here is a video of our kill: www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8rg6P4mv9w (I'm not allowed to post links yet)

It's all about timing chains and handling the adds efficiently in P3. Delay chains during Rain of Fire and make sure the raid is toped before popping them.

For the nether Banishes, we sent 5 people (1 Tank, 1 Melee, 2 Ranged and 1 Heal) every time. Our two Hunters with 4set killed the shadow Adds very quickly so that the rest of the ranged could focuse on the Infernals. We had one Tank and our Hunters taunt the Infernals to spread them and then nuked the shit out of them (Melees the Tank Infernal, Ranged the others).

Maybe the video helps some of you guys out there .

Greetings
    Fixed the link for you.

~ Ogait
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post

The entire difficulty of the fight comes in the last phase. We got it to 40% on our first ever pull. And what you said about phases 1 and 2 being easier with a smaller group just isn't true anyway. Larger group = smaller % of raid effected by wrought chaos, more CD's, more interrupts & a smaller % of your raid are tanks and healers. And no a larger group doesn't mean more fire. That's based off of doomfire spirits which you kill more easily with a large raid.

But that's all irrelevant because phases 1 and 2 are a 1 shot to any guild that's killed it on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    You are not "on" HC archimonde though. He means that for those groups where this fight is currently progression for them.
    That's what we did even when progressing om the fight our raid was filled with friends and family. Not saying the tuning is right for 10-15 player raids, but it's doable, last phase is chaotic for any raid sizes and demonic feedback favors smaller raid group due to easier spread