Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well I see they've effectively revoked Tim Beck's playcalling rights, and goddamn did Michigan pay the price for it lmao.

Obviously you can't erase the Michigan St. loss, but I definitely think Ohio State looked like a top 4 team today. Whether it helps propel them there isn't even that relevant. Between Meyer coming out earlier this week and admitting that Ezekiel Elliot was right in his criticism of Beck's playcalling, and that post-game moment the 2 had, I think Elliot has been done a lot of justice after the media poked and pried him for negative feedback last week and when he finally gave it, the full-court press to try and paint him as some kind of pariah on the national scene despite his sentiments being echoed by the entire Ohio State fanbase.
    Last edited by GG you got me; 2015-11-28 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Michigan fans booing an injured Ohio State player. Typical Michigan lack of class.
    Maybe they thought he was faking it like Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Also Ohio state finally played a good game! It's a shock!
    We played Michigan State last week...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Maybe they thought he was faking it like Baylor
    Bwahahahahaha I didn't even see that...that's pure gold. =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Well I see they've effectively revoked Tim Beck's playcalling rights, and goddamn did Michigan pay the price for it lmao.

Obviously you can't erase the Michigan St. loss, but I definitely think Ohio State looked like a top 4 team today. Whether it helps propel them there isn't even that relevant. Between Meyer coming out earlier this week and admitting that Ezekiel Elliot was right in his criticism of Beck's playcalling, and that post-game moment the 2 had, I think Elliot has been done a lot of justice after the media poked and pried him for negative feedback last week and when he finally gave it, the full-court press to try and paint him as some kind of pariah on the national scene despite his sentiments being echoed by the entire Ohio State fanbase.
    Yeah, but we're not getting near the top 4 without a Michigan State loss, which just isn't going to happen. I have to agree with the general consensus that if you don't even make your conference championship game, you shouldn't get to participate in the playoffs. Which hurts, because with an effort like they had today, I think OSU could beat anyone in the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how Michigan is ranked ten other than name power, they have some really embarrassing games...
    At this point I'm pretty convinced that you just hang out in this forum to troll. Michigan's only losses this year were to a very good Utah team in an away game the first game of the season, on a complete fluke to MSU, and today to a very angry Ohio State team. Every team they lost to is a top 10 team at this point, and has played well for the majority of the season. There's no way you can make a legitimate case that they've played a shittier schedule than the majority of the other top 25 teams here; it's not at all about brand recognition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jake Coker can't throw an accurate pass to save his life, and the field has caused Derrick Henry to slip at least twice. Anybody call a field goal game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say who I want to lose in the Iron Bowl, but knowing my luck that team will win so I'll hush...

oh, and its still raining here, fyi. DROWNING, pls send halp.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, sooo many haters on the Big 12 in comments section. "See, told you Baylor and TCU were overrated and arena teams!" Well, Id like to see how well your shitatucular team plays in a downpour and a field thats been soggy for days.

unless you're Greebay Fans, then you know what its like (Ice Bowl...>.<)

10+ Year Old Account
    We played Michigan State last week...

- - - Updated - - -

Bwahahahahaha I didn't even see that...that's pure gold. =)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but we're not getting near the top 4 without a Michigan State loss, which just isn't going to happen. I have to agree with the general consensus that if you don't even make your conference championship game, you shouldn't get to participate in the playoffs. Which hurts, because with an effort like they had today, I think OSU could beat anyone in the country.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point I'm pretty convinced that you just hang out in this forum to troll. Michigan's only losses this year were to a very good Utah team in an away game the first game of the season, on a complete fluke to MSU, and today to a very angry Ohio State team. Every team they lost to is a top 10 team at this point, and has played well for the majority of the season. There's no way you can make a legitimate case that they've played a shittier schedule than the majority of the other top 25 teams here; it's not at all about brand recognition.
    I said a good game, not a good team... Ohio state did not play a good game against Michigan state.

And Michigan has had embarrassing as hell close wins to abysmal teams

I was t aware hat not agreein with every single thing you say was the definition of "trolling"

- - - Updated - - -

I also like how last year it was "the sec teams are only rated high because they play each other!" And now that it is happening in the league you support that argument suddenly disappears
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2015-11-28 at 10:51 PM.
    You're a towel.

I said a good game, not a good team... Ohio state did not play a good game against Michigan state.

And Michigan has had embarrassing as hell close wins to abysmal teams

I was t aware hat not agreein with every single thing you say was the definition of "trolling"

- - - Updated - - -

I also like how last year it was "the sec teams are only rated high because they play each other!" And now that it is happening in the league you support that argument suddenly disappears
    I was taking issue with your comment that Michigan had a decent rating solely based on their name recognition, which is absurd. You'd be more accurate if you used that argument against SEC teams; usually you have 8-10 of their teams ranked early for absolutely no good reason, then some of them lose bad out of conference games and they're exposed. When was the last time that even a national champion dominated an entire season from beginning to end without at least one or two bad "close wins?" And Michigan's not a national championship contender.

I accused you of trolling because you're always in these threads making ridiculous remarks, not because you disagree with me.

Also I never made an argument that SEC teams are ranked highly "because they play each other." Not sure where you're getting that from. I definitely made an argument that there's a double standard in that when SEC teams lose to each other it's because the league is so good from top to bottom, but when teams in leagues like the Big Ten lose to each other it's because all the teams suck and none can rise above enough to be great.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2015-11-29 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Derrick Henry broke like three Alabama rushing records today. Almost 50 carries though. That's something to not be proud of.

Defensive game so far. At least they're playing in the Swamp.

Also, keep it respectful people. You can disagree without being chippy at each other.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2015-11-29 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why I don't think this 4 team playoff is enough. It's still entirely too reliant on human biases. I understand expanding it adds another 2 weeks, but I don't think the current situation is any better than the BCS

8 teams would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    8 teams would be great
    Agreed. I'm ok with shortening the regular season to do it, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I'm ok with shortening the regular season to do it, too.
    yeah. Really think 1-2 OOC games is enough to try things out. Do any other conferences play 3 OOC games? Ive forgotten.

ND is Doneee. I'd prefer if they eliminated the tune up games. Each power 5 team has 1-2 every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep ND is out, OU is gonna be in (but likely lose to the other teams).

So,Clemson, Bama, OU and MSU?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

Florida is done. All they can do now is ruin Alabama's chances. And jesus holy fuck, is there a team ever with a worsde offense?

Not giving Iowa a chance against MSU? =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Florida is done. All they can do now is ruin Alabama's chances. And jesus holy fuck, is there a team ever with a worsde offense?
    Yeah, they're absolutely awful on offense at this point. Didn't they lose their QB though? I feel like backup QBs only show up if they're playing Ohio State.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah. Really think 1-2 OOC games is enough to try things out. Do any other conferences play 3 OOC games? Ive forgotten.
    Not sure what's standard, but I think the Big Ten plays 4, which is definitely 2 more than necessary. But can you really see div 1 schools giving up the cash cow that is 1-2 home games?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    ND is Doneee. I'd prefer if they eliminated the tune up games. Each power 5 team has 1-2 every year.
    1-2? Most have 4, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they're absolutely awful on offense at this point. Didn't they lose their QB though? I feel like backup QBs only show up if they're playing Ohio State.
    Their "backup" quarterback started several games last year and did well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not giving Iowa a chance against MSU? =)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what's standard, but I think the Big Ten plays 4, which is definitely 2 more than necessary. But can you really see div 1 schools giving up the cash cow that is 1-2 home games?
    Err at least 1 OOC game is on the road. Texas was at ND, TCU was at Minnesota... (which, btw, people love hosting Texas cause Texas fans travel no matter what. You should have seen how mixed the ND stadium was. True irish flag colors!)

you can get rid of the away OOC real easy, although I admit that would really hurt toughening up the scheduling. So in that respect I would get rid of 1 at home OOC.

Not sure why you would say Oklahoma would likely lose to any of those teams. Just because they lost to your favorite team (Texas) doesn't negate what they've accomplished since that game. In fact, since then OU has rocketed to the playoffs and Texas has, well....been Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

Err at least 1 OOC game is on the road. Texas was at ND, TCU was at Minnesota... (which, btw, people love hosting Texas cause Texas fans travel no matter what. You should have seen how mixed the ND stadium was. True irish flag colors!)

you can get rid of the away OOC real easy, although I admit that would really hurt toughening up the scheduling. So in that respect I would get rid of 1 at home OOC.
    If Texas fans travel so well, then why was half of the Texas side of the Cotton Bowl crimson??