Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary Ring - Alt buff?

Has anyone with the legendary version noticed a significant change in the drop rate of Tome of Chaos on other same-account characters?

Deleted
    You got a +50% item rate for BRF / Highmaul soon as your main finished the quest line. Wouldn't be surprised if they had the same for Tomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    You got a +50% item rate for BRF / Highmaul soon as your main finished the quest line. Wouldn't be surprised if they had the same for Tomes.

Meaning guaranteed one per boss then?

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    Meaning guaranteed one per boss then?
    Thats not how the old buffs worked. You got 50% increase in drops in BRF 9 + 4 every boss. Highmaul was 1 + .5(basically just 50% chance to get a second).

Most likely it will get the highmaul treatment and just be 50% chance to get a second one / 50% chance to get 1 period if the first roll didn't give you one from the regular drop.

If they even do it. My main has the ring, but I don't raid on in my other guild until like 1030pm pst soooo ya won't know until then cuz fuck lfr just to test.

You get 12 of the first stones per naval mission every 20 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Thats not how the old buffs worked. You got 50% increase in drops in BRF 9 + 4 every boss. Highmaul was 1 + .5(basically just 50% chance to get a second).
    Highmaul was always +1. You got the chance to get 1, 2 or 5 + the extra.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Highmaul was always +1. You got the chance to get 1, 2 or 5 + the extra.
    Right... I shouldn't try to type shit at 7am when I haven't slept hahah.

Ya the catch up was +1 and then the regular chance at stones.

That will probably be HFC then. Since its more like Highmaul than BRF drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Right... I shouldn't try to type shit at 7am when I haven't slept hahah.

Ya the catch up was +1 and then the regular chance at stones.

That will probably be HFC then. Since its more like Highmaul than BRF drops.
    Yeah, I'm hoping for guaranteed drop but somehow I think that won't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping for guaranteed drop but somehow I think that won't happen...
    Well... I guess it won't exactly effect my alts since my DK is at 25/33 and pally is at 26/33 and monk is 21?/33 so they woulda most likely finished this week, but it wouldn't really make sense if they didn't have a catch up since it is the last raid anyway and we need to kill archi 20 times to get the ring to max potential.

I thought the buff was as soon as you had the 715 ring, and not the legendary ?
    My pala had the 715 before I got tired of him, now I get 13 in BRF and usually like 3 in Highmaul, or 1/3 + cluster

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I thought the buff was as soon as you had the 715 ring, and not the legendary ?
    My pala had the 715 before I got tired of him, now I get 13 in BRF and usually like 3 in Highmaul, or 1/3 + cluster
    You get the buff for any step behind your most advanced character IIRC.

Not that it matters much now with the shipyard completely drowning you in the stuff.

so nobody know answer?

There weren't that many people that even were in the situation to be able to check so far. We should see more coming in this week.

Deleted
    I hope there is a buff, because my alt (28 tomes) got actually more tomes than my main (25). Hopefully my alts get the ring today in the 1. split raid today and my main can catch up in the 2. raid with that "buff" because 8 getting tomes isn't that easy in one ID. Pleeeeeeeeeeease

There is no active buff for tome drop rates at this point in time. I finished my alt's ring before our heroic clear and wasn't getting any extra drops on my main. I would post armories for credibility, but I don't have enough posts. If you want to peak my alt is brunchout on hyjal and main is branchout also on hyjal.
    Last edited by Branch; 2015-07-22 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    Shipyard is alt catchup for 6.0/6.1 quest parts. You got missions for Abrogator Stones (8/10/12/15) and then Elemental Runes (20/24/28/35) and they respawn every day, making the quest grinds very quick even if you don't run these instances anymore.

As for actual HFC part I doubt there is any catchup. You're expected to run HFC as it is current content atm. Might get some catchup in patch 6.3 if it will get released.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Shipyard is alt catchup for 6.0/6.1 quest parts. You got missions for Abrogator Stones (8/10/12/15) and then Elemental Runes (20/24/28/35) and they respawn every day, making the quest grinds very quick even if you don't run these instances anymore.

As for actual HFC part I doubt there is any catchup. You're expected to run HFC as it is current content atm. Might get some catchup in patch 6.3 if it will get released.
    Once you finished a part of the legendary quest chain you got a buff in drops (no follower missions) in HM and BRF with your alters, even when it was current content. That is what we are discussing

Ya HFC def has no catch up for alts. Full HFC only 6 drops ... basically what I got weekly at least I have 2 chars with rings now weew.

I disagree, my alts have been getting some next level luck. 5/6 hunter, 5/6 priest 4/6 rogue from first lfr wings. Lets be real this isn't possible without some sort of hidden buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    I disagree, my alts have been getting some next level luck. 5/6 hunter, 5/6 priest 4/6 rogue from first lfr wings. Lets be real this isn't possible without some sort of hidden buff.
    That's 14/18 which would be 1.5% probability with 50%. Not entirely impossible.