Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You could still use UE at -15s for the first LvB ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Looks good, I'm not sure why I didn't use a spreadsheet to begin with, it looked shit in notepad++ :P

Couple of things I noticed though, it doesn't look like you factored Unleash Flame's 40% fire damage modifier into your first Lava Burst at 2.4, or the one at 21.2, and your last Lightning Bolt at 29.2 wouldn't benefit from Unleashed Fury as the effect would end before the cast time of the spell finished. If you pop it at 20.0 it will end at 30.0, whereas the LB would only finish casting at 30.8.

Also, when running UF I'd still pop it after Ascendance ends at 20.0 in the same way you do, so the 30% modifier would have to be factored into my LBs too along with the 54% modifier for the first LvB after Ascendance ends, and 10% for second one.

Would you mind if I take a copy of this and play with it for my own purposes as well?
    Go for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by futter View Post
    You could still use UE at -15s for the first LvB ...
    Well spotted, you're both right - I'll update it.

I kind of feel like a jerk asking for a 15 second pull timer though.

Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    I kind of feel like a jerk asking for a 15 second pull timer though.
    its only 5s more than most raids use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    its only 5s more than most raids use.
    And if you have any competent warlocks, you should be getting a 23 second pull timer for half the fights now anyway.

lets say i got nothing else to cast but LBs and i have 2 fusions up and UF is ready: do i cast a fully buffed FS on the target even if a fully buffed FS is already rolling on the target for, lets say, 45 seconds? all this with the archi trinket

in short: fully buffed FS > LB ?
    13/13

Monk

cast lb for ls charges and shock @15+, you have plenty of time to refresh fs later, you are even ~20sec over pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    lets say i got nothing else to cast but LBs and i have 2 fusions up and UF is ready: do i cast a fully buffed FS on the target even if a fully buffed FS is already rolling on the target for, lets say, 45 seconds? all this with the archi trinket

Go ahead and refresh it unless your lightning shield stacks are nearing 15+. Honestly, you don't have to be super concerned with the pandemic timing (however, 45s is a pretty far ways off). That is not to say it is better than lightning bolt, but it is not a DPS loss unless it forces you to apply an extra flame shock before the end of combat. It will, however, simplify managing EF and possibly prevent overcapping fulm later on.

From Bink's wowhead guide:

"Refreshing Flame Shock becomes both slightly easier and more complicated with this trinket. Easier in the fact that the base duration will be 75-97 seconds (705 Normal to 735 Mythic) with a 22-29 second recast window, but more complicated because the optimal use means you can recast at <78% duration remaining (58-76 seconds), or <100% with Unleashed Fury, but it must be recast with two charges of Elemental Fusion and Unleash Flame."

that is for refreshing a non buffed fs with a buffed one, but sicorra got already a full one

cast lb for ls charges and shock @15+, you have plenty of time to refresh fs later, you are even ~20sec over pandemic
    you'll get 20 stacks during ascendance regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Randwynn View Post
    you'll get 20 stacks during ascendance regardless
    and? what has this to do with sicorras question?

my question was does a full buffed FS does more dmg then a LB and should i cast it. i mean if i have 2 fusions up, should i cast UF and the FS or just keep on castin LB? and nothing else. nothing to do with my LS stacks or whatever. i can handle that.
    13/13

Monk

that is for refreshing a non buffed fs with a buffed one, but sicorra got already a full one
    No, that applies for fully buffed dots. Unbuffed ones can be refreshed earlier, and given the way the buffs multiply you'll do it as soon as possible.

I am totally aware of this. So you want us to interpret this Part, that it is optimal to refresh a fully buffed one with a fully buffed one under 100% duration left? So with normal trinket with 70 seconds left, that make no sense.

I am totally aware of this. So you want us to interpret this Part, that it is optimal to refresh a fully buffed one with a fully buffed one under 100% duration left?
    Interpret it how you like, and I don't think he "wants" us to do anything.

So with normal trinket with 70 seconds left, that make no sense.
    Come up with a better idea then.

and? what has this to do with sicorras question?
    I remember typing this yesterday and I had a point but currently I have no idea what that was. It makes me think I posted on the wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    No, that applies for fully buffed dots. Unbuffed ones can be refreshed earlier, and given the way the buffs multiply you'll do it as soon as possible.
    I am totally aware of this. So you want us to interpret this Part, that it is optimal to refresh a fully buffed one with a fully buffed one under 100% duration left? So with normal trinket with 70 seconds left, that make no sense.
    Please re-read the above. To clarify further, the part quoted from my guide relates to recasting Flame Shock with UF+2EF up over an existing Flame Shock dot which was affected by UF+2EF. Recasting Flame Shock with UF+2EF over an unbuffed Flame Shock can happen as soon as you have UF+2EF up after your initial Ascendance use. Depending on how you set up your opener, you could even start with a fully buffed DoT, but that's up to you.

Deleted
    my question was does a full buffed FS does more dmg then a LB and should i cast it. i mean if i have 2 fusions up, should i cast UF and the FS or just keep on castin LB? and nothing else. nothing to do with my LS stacks or whatever. i can handle that.
    I still don't think your question has been answered sufficiently, so the short answer is no.

To elaborate, using my own stats as an example. LB deals 13,475 damage and FS * 1.8 * 1.4 deals 17,481 damage - my GCD is 1.167 seconds and my LB cast time is 1.56 seconds.

So in terms of raw damage it's higher, but using two globals (2.334 sec) to deal 17,481 damage works out at 7,489.7 DPS. LB @ 1.56 sec works out at 8,637.8 DPS.

Edit: The above was based on having the normal version of CotPE equipped. I've checked the others and it turns out that once you have the mythic version, it does actually become a DPS increase to do this, working out at 8,928.5 DPS.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2015-09-15 at 07:46 PM.