Deleted

I got 99 problems, but my DPS normally ain't one ):

So, I'm normally a mythic raiding warlock who always have been able to top 3 the meters, but after 6.2 came out I have been falling waaay down, and I'm not sure why! It might be because I'm not enjoying Destruction or I'm missing something oooor I lost my mojo, this is why i am writing hoping for some answers !

Below you will see my logs for our current HFC HC kills, where some of them is "okay", and some of them you will be thinking, wth is he doing.. I know i have some uptime problems on some of them, but that i will fix myself, problem is, where is my DPS? What am i missing?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../latest#boss=0 (Check only HC)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elynn/advanced

I'm currently having a lot of trouble with uptime on my havoc on multitarget fights, that much i know.
    But do you see something i don't?

Some of the logs that annoys me (Ethelynn is me, heh):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Check 'em out, and let me know what you think. Everything is appreciated!
    Ethelynn out!

Deleted
    I only looked at the Iskar log as I haven't got much time, but here's a problem I see straight away
    http://gyazo.com/d2776120a6ec8db6476eab6a5893f2c2

This is regarding ember management during the add phase(highlighted grey), on Iskar this is basically where you should shine - you should never stay capped on embers for that long during this phase(it seems like you only dip 3 times in the first add phase), you want to go into this phase with 3 embers;usually my first cast is an FnB incinerate to get the debuff on all of the mobs, then a CB, then an incin, CB etc etc (you get where Im heading with this) I also don't bother with Immo here, as you can get the random crits generating more embers from the ticks and end up capping/wasting embers - I prefer it more controlled but yeah that's just me :P
    Rather than explaining via text, take a look at our first kill and you can see my PoV there and get an idea of how to do iskar better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5brUHHjLvfk - Consequence vs Iskar Mythic (Started on 4 going into this phase as I was gonna CB first, but changed my mind \o )
    Hope it helps!
    Last edited by mmocb7c55a5462; 2015-07-21 at 03:12 PM.

Had a quick look and compared the logs to what I had on those fights with similar gear and fight duration (Note that I didn't have my class trinket or DSI at the time)

Iskar: You're casting very little AoE CBs, compared to what I had, and what Neepeh had as well. It also looks like you weren't able to keep up FnB during the 2nd intermission phase, make sure you've got atleast 3 embers before casting a FnB-CB. You've timed your DS with the intermission phase, which is good for your dps. You are also not using FnB-Immolate during the intermission phases enough. Aim to keep it up most of the time, it does considerable damage, and gives embers back which, in return, give you more FnB-CBs.

Xhul: Shadowburn heaven. Use your havoc A LOT more and cleave SB with it. You only had 32 casts and 39 hits ( meaning you havoc cleaved only 7 SBs ).

Mannoroth: I'm not particularly great on this fight, but the same rules apply here as they do on Xhul. Use havoc and cleave as much as humanly possible, and you actually did a pretty good job at that actually. Because you didn't use your Darksoul at pull though, you missed out on a full darksoul use.

If you're having trouble managing havoc in multitarget fights, I'd suggest setting the target you want to havoc (usually boss) on focus, and get a macro that automaticly casts it at your focus target.

One other issue that I see is that, on all 3 linked logs, your immolate uptime is pretty low, and while I understand it's pretty annoying to keep immolate up on Xhul and Mannoroth, because of the amount of time you have to spend on other adds etc, you should still invest some effort/attention into keeping it rolling on the boss. I personally have a TMW setup that shows me my debuffs on "Boss 1", which is usually the big boss.

Lastly, try and line up DS up with other procs, like your ring, GSR, potion, BL, as much as possible.

Deleted
    I dont really know how Adds are handled in your Raid but I'll just assume its free for all. As you already said yourself your Immolate Uptime has to get much better but not only on bosses but also on stuff like Iskar Adds in the Flight Phases. Just for the first Flight Phase your uptime is at 38%. If you are allowed to AoE into the Outcasts your damage on them is pretty low. If you are going for priority damage and passive cleave on Outcasts your Havoc/Shadowburn usage seems pretty low.
    I won't go other every Boss on its own but tbh it's pretty much the same for other Encounters with big add spawns.
    Guess the worst parse in these logs is Xul'Horac with 32 Shadowburn Casts and 39 Shadowburn Hits. Just emphazises how little you play around Havoc/Shadowburn Cleave. Obviously you can't have a 1 Cast : 2 Hit ratio on Xul just cause of the big amount of Adds spawning. One reason for this could be that the other Destro in your raid is just faster then you but he also has a rather small amount of Shadowburn casts in this Parse.

TLDR: #1 Improve DoT Uptime on Bosses and Adds that live longer than a few seconds for extra Embergen. #2 Improve Fire and Brimstone Usage on big add spawns (even if u go for priority targets u can be pretty much at 4 embers the whole time with just immo up and 1 incin between 2 standard chaos bolts). #3 Improve Havoc Usage (pre debuff the cleave target ~10-12 Seconds before add spawn for an extra cycle of havoc) #4 Improve Shadowburn Usage (more Havoc/Shadowburn and more Shadowburns overall) #5 if u want higher numbers use cds/2cnd pots/ring usw. on big add spawns like Kormrok Hands/Iskar Flight Phase 1/Xul'Horac Imp spawns usw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Had a quick look and compared the logs to what I had on those fights with similar gear and fight duration (Note that I didn't have my class trinket or DSI at the time)

Iskar: You're casting very little AoE CBs, compared to what I had, and what Neepeh had as well. It also looks like you weren't able to keep up FnB during the 2nd intermission phase, make sure you've got atleast 3 embers before casting a FnB-CB. You've timed your DS with the intermission phase, which is good for your dps. You are also not using FnB-Immolate during the intermission phases enough. Aim to keep it up most of the time, it does considerable damage, and gives embers back which, in return, give you more FnB-CBs.

Xhul: Shadowburn heaven. Use your havoc A LOT more and cleave SB with it. You only had 32 casts and 39 hits ( meaning you havoc cleaved only 7 SBs ).

Mannoroth: I'm not particularly great on this fight, but the same rules apply here as they do on Xhul. Use havoc and cleave as much as humanly possible, and you actually did a pretty good job at that actually. Because you didn't use your Darksoul at pull though, you missed out on a full darksoul use.

If you're having trouble managing havoc in multitarget fights, I'd suggest setting the target you want to havoc (usually boss) on focus, and get a macro that automaticly casts it at your focus target.

One other issue that I see is that, on all 3 linked logs, your immolate uptime is pretty low, and while I understand it's pretty annoying to keep immolate up on Xhul and Mannoroth, because of the amount of time you have to spend on other adds etc, you should still invest some effort/attention into keeping it rolling on the boss. I personally have a TMW setup that shows me my debuffs on "Boss 1", which is usually the big boss.

Lastly, try and line up DS up with other procs, like your ring, GSR, potion, BL, as much as possible.
    This all makes very much sense, thank you!
    I've pretty much always known what i have been doing wrong, but it didn't seem like THAT much. But as i check the logs again, i see your point!

The macro for the focus target, is that something you are having laying around you could copy/paste perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelynn View Post
    This all makes very much sense, thank you!
    I've pretty much always known what i have been doing wrong, but it didn't seem like THAT much. But as i check the logs again, i see your point!

The macro for the focus target, is that something you are having laying around you could copy/paste perhaps?
    Yes

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] Havoc
    Perhaps (Something you didn't ask for, but I find this handy, at some points) is this as well.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] Incinerate
    I personally track the flamelicked debuff on the boss through the "Boss 1" option, which is 99% of the time also the boss. If I'm busy also focusing on other adds ( Gorefiend comes to mind, you spend a lot of time on the adds, atleast on mythic ), this can help me quickly get a incin cast in on the boss to maintain the debuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayys View Post
    I only looked at the Iskar log as I haven't got much time, but here's a problem I see straight away
    http://gyazo.com/d2776120a6ec8db6476eab6a5893f2c2

This is regarding ember management during the add phase(highlighted grey), on Iskar this is basically where you should shine - you should never stay capped on embers for that long during this phase(it seems like you only dip 3 times in the first add phase), you want to go into this phase with 3 embers;usually my first cast is an FnB incinerate to get the debuff on all of the mobs, then a CB, then an incin, CB etc etc (you get where Im heading with this) I also don't bother with Immo here, as you can get the random crits generating more embers from the ticks and end up capping/wasting embers - I prefer it more controlled but yeah that's just me :P
    Rather than explaining via text, take a look at our first kill and you can see my PoV there and get an idea of how to do iskar better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5brUHHjLvfk - Consequence vs Iskar Mythic (Started on 4 going into this phase as I was gonna CB first, but changed my mind \o )
    Hope it helps!
    I see that i definitely did something wrong on that fight, i think most of it was because we got told not to AoE and ST nuke pretty much.. But excuses, excuses.. I will try this out when we go again! Thanks a lot!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Yes

Perhaps (Something you didn't ask for, but I find this handy, at some points) is this as well.

I personally track the flamelicked debuff on the boss through the "Boss 1" option, which is 99% of the time also the boss. If I'm busy also focusing on other adds ( Gorefiend comes to mind, you spend a lot of time on the adds, atleast on mythic ), this can help me quickly get a incin cast in on the boss to maintain the debuff.
    I will bind this right away ! Gonna try it out next raid, and will return with logs to see if it all helped!

You only had 32 casts and 39 hits ( meaning you havoc cleaved only 7 SBs ).
    How would one go about checking to see how many SB's were cleaved onto the boss via Havoc in wcl?

Deleted
    casts and hits...the more havoc was used the more you'll get to a 1:2 ratio

Generally wouldn't do this but there has been an influx of help my DPS threads when there is a sticky thread at the top here.

Closing, please refer to that thread for any future help.