Have beta servers EVER been up before xpac announcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Someone wanna get in contact with Marlamin? He has a twitter too I think.

I call the!
    Sup.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Mostly what I mean is:

A. How long have they been up for?

B. Are they ever up when there is no xpac on the horizon?

C. Do they use them for anything except beta?

D. How early do they come up before beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    Blizzard do not use Beta or PTR servers, they have their own
    A. I don't think they've really gone down after Beta ended. Maybe for a short time.

B & C. Not that I know of, but it is also very much possibly they are reusing the IPs for other servers. Maybe PTR (Update: it's not any of the currently up PTRs), Tournament realms or even live realms use them now. Another possibility someone mentioned is that they're using these at Gamescom for demoing WoD which is also a very likely option.

D. F&F Alpha testing is done on the same servers as beta, but usually it's only one or two servers (One US, usually Lost Isles and One EU usually Mekkatorque). It's a nice coincidence that both seem to be up, but I wouldn't read too much into it. My tool just connects to the IPs that the beta servers used during WoD beta and checks if they were up. There's no confirmation whatsoever that these IPs are being used for the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    D. F&F Alpha testing is done on the same servers as beta, but usually it's only one or two servers (One US, usually Lost Isles and One EU usually Mekkatorque). It's a nice coincidence that both seem to be up, but I wouldn't read too much into it.
    Do they still put out an F and F alpha? I'd be surprised if they did after that Cataclysmic leak they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Do they still put out an F and F alpha? I'd be surprised if they did after that Cataclysmic leak they had.
    WoD had an alpha testing stage as far as I can remember

They did for both Mists and Warlords.

WoD's. /10
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Reins of Azshara -> weirdest boner

Sup.

A. I don't think they've really gone down after Beta ended. Maybe for a short time.

B & C. Not that I know of, but it is also very much possibly they are reusing the IPs for other servers. Maybe PTR, Tournament realms or even live realms use them now.

D. F&F Alpha testing is done on the same servers as beta, but usually it's only one or two servers (One US, usually Lost Isles and One EU usually Mekkatorque). It's a nice coincidence that both seem to be up, but I wouldn't read too much into it.
    Ok so non-newsworthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its happening

def con 1
    whatever man

Ok so non-newsworthy.
    Probably this.

Quote Originally Posted by Feefel View Post
    Its happening

def con 1
    Well, if they've never been taken down after beta, then I don't see how them being up atm is news.

Yes they were! Im on one right now, but due the NDA I cannot share any screens! NEW EXPACK IS AWESOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draculla View Post
    Fake. If it way true, It must be registered by correspondent Rod. A. Rigole. Which is the Blizzard employee who register all of their trademarks. For better view of Blizzard Trademarks use this link - http://www.trademarkia.com/correspon...igole-1-488514
    I can also unconfirm this. This is -fake-.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only remember every expansion announcement we had a whole "Hey look the beta servers are back" thread a few weeks beforehand.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Reins? Like on a horse?

Not convinced.
    maybe she rides N'Zoth

leaked concept art:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    7.0 servers for demo at Gamescom !
    Told you before and tell you again wont happen. this is bliz....activision we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I only remember every expansion announcement we had a whole "Hey look the beta servers are back" thread a few weeks beforehand.
    Ya but the issue with that is people aren't looking to see if they are NOT up beforehand. It's sort of like going to the ocean to try to discover water. Of course there is water there.

Same here, if the servers never go down of course when you go looking you'll find them up.

It would only be newsworthy if it was a special occassion to go up. Unfortunately no one checked in say, 6.1 when no one was thinking next xpac was anywhere close.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya but the issue with that is people aren't looking to see if they are NOT up beforehand. It's sort of like going to the ocean to try to discover water. Of course there is water there.

Same here, if the servers never go down of course when you go looking you'll find them up.

It would only be newsworthy if it was a special occassion to go up. Unfortunately no one checked in say, 6.1 when no one was thinking next xpac was anywhere close.
    Yeah that's the only problem.

We know the servers go down at the end of Beta.

We know we can't login when there isn't a Beta.

We know they are up when the next reveal happens.

We don't know anything about that stretch where we can't login.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sup.

B & C. Not that I know of, but it is also very much possibly they are reusing the IPs for other servers. Maybe PTR (Update: it's not any of the currently up PTRs), Tournament realms or even live realms use them now. Another possibility someone mentioned is that they're using these at Gamescom for demoing WoD which is also a very likely option.

D. F&F Alpha testing is done on the same servers as beta, but usually it's only one or two servers (One US, usually Lost Isles and One EU usually Mekkatorque). It's a nice coincidence that both seem to be up, but I wouldn't read too much into it. My tool just connects to the IPs that the beta servers used during WoD beta and checks if they were up. There's no confirmation whatsoever that these IPs are being used for the beta.
    Marla do you think it is possible Blizzard could be using the server IPs for something else? Maybe another Blizzard game *wink *wink *nudge *nudge.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD had an alpha testing stage as far as I can remember
    Ya it had an Alpah F&F for a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Probably in house alpha testing.
    if it was in-house they wouldn't need to put a server up. They just play locally.