The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Is Unstable Felshadow good?

I picked up Unstable Felshadow in normal and I'm not seeing a lot of leach healing from it. The best I have seen was 100k leach on the tank during an encounter. How does it compare to heroic Shielding Talisman?

http://www.wowdb.com/items/124234-un...hadow-emulsion

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    I picked up Unstable Felshadow in normal and I'm not seeing a lot of leach healing from it. The best I have seen was 100k leach on the tank during an encounter. How does it compare to heroic Shielding Talisman?

http://www.wowdb.com/items/124234-un...hadow-emulsion
    it is very good and the healing numbers don't do it justice, Geodew goes in depth about it but his trinket stat weights can be found here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...rZE/edit#gid=0

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't just measure leech healing done to tanks. Try to look at other raid members as well. With T18 4pc it's going to get even better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Larxx View Post
    it is very good and the healing numbers don't do it justice, Geodew goes in depth about it but his trinket stat weights can be found here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...rZE/edit#gid=0
    In this spreadsheet there's also a link to a theorycraft post about why it's that good. You can read for yourself.

I mean, if you did 100k Leech to everyone in a 20m raid, that's 2 million additional healing on top of your maybe ~10 million? That's +20% HPS, very very good considering it has Spirit on it too. Not to mention that it's crazy OP in zero-overheal burst situations. Yeah, I think it's quite OP, even the normal version.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the only way UFE sucks is if your raiders are just poop and not pulling the numbers they should be. After all, Leech healing depends on other people doing a lot of DPS/HPS, as well.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    This trinket is the best healer trinket in the game regardless of version. Always use it on fights with real healing.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I mean, if you did 100k Leech to everyone in a 20m raid, that's 2 million additional healing on top of your maybe ~10 million? That's +20% HPS, very very good
    100k was the best and on a tank. Most players were about 3-6k the few times I looked. The results were very disappointing.
    Last edited by Java; 2015-07-22 at 06:44 PM.

100k was the best and on a tank. Most players were about 3-6k the few times I looked. The results were very disappointing.
    As everyone else has stated, it's easily the best MW trinket. There's a WeakAura(http://pastebin.com/uDuhnaJD) that tracks how much healing you do. As Geodew said, it can get pretty crazy numbers. I average about 20% of my healing done in leech on almost every fight with just the normal version.

Yeah but how much was that compared to what you actually healed them for? If you're only healing someone for 40k over an entire fight and they only did 6k leech healing, of course it looks small. You won't see big impressive numbers on fights with very little raid damage.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokcihc View Post
    As everyone else has stated, it's easily the best MW trinket. There's a WeakAura(http://pastebin.com/uDuhnaJD) that tracks how much healing you do. As Geodew said, it can get pretty crazy numbers. I average about 20% of my healing done in leech on almost every fight with just the normal version.
    Thanks, I found the description of how it works here -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...leech_trinket/
    Last edited by Java; 2015-07-22 at 11:17 PM.

You either looked wrong or the fight you did was way too easy and your trinket choice wouldn't have mattered anyway, like say in LFR.

UFE's worth depends heavily on overhealing, so if your reaction time is slow or doing easy fights, it won't look as good. After all, it is effectively a 10-second HoT applied to all of your healing, and HoTs overheal a lot, especially on easy content. However, with competent players on Mythic or late Heroic bosses, it's looking OP compared to other options, not just better.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-07-23 at 01:51 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

It's the best trinket you're gonna get by a large margin.

The leech is insane on it, especially in a competent group filled with relatively high dps and hps numbers. It's a trinket that will literally only get stronger and stronger as everyone else's numbers go up.

When I was the only healer using the leech trinket on a Heroic Gorefiend kill a few weeks back, the leech from my trinket alone added 9 MILLION healing to the raid over the encounter. It ended up being like a +20% increase to my healing toward the raid. It's insane. Especially on any fight where the dps get a dps buff.

For reference, on Mythic High Council it did just shy of 15m overall over a 9minute fight (using the UFE addon estimate) - with a NORMAL trinket. This was for a Resto Druid, but is just as effective (probably more due to spirit etc) for a Mistweaver. That roughly added up to a 45% increase to their healing, absolutely insane. I have a good chuckle when people argue about the theorycraft/effectiveness of this trinket - if the leech was added onto WCL/Skada, people would be asking for a nerf straight away

It shines on fights with burst opportunities for DPS and spikes of consistent damage - aka this is perfect for High Council, Gorefiend, probably Tyrant or Fel Lord.

Deleted
    This is the best trinket you'll ever have as a healer. NOT A SINGLE trinket will ever compete with it.

Here is a example with some numbers:
    Our raidteam currently has 2 players with this trinket, 1 a resto druid and 2nd me as a mistweaver.
    The healing done on Hellfire council mythic was 258.45 MILLION (source)
    The ammount of leech healing during this fight was 22.63 MILLION (source)
    Which means that the leech trinket on 2/5 healers did almost 10% of the total healing during this fight.

Taking in account that i (brewfasa) did 43 million healing, and the druid wooddy did 38 million healing, the leech trinket added another ~11.5 million to my healing and 10.5 million to his. Adding a raw 25-30% EXTRA healing just by having that.

I dont have the exact numbers that the trinket did per player on that fight, but there is a way to track it. Someone made a Weakaura that tracks the healing done per player that has the trinket. You can find this Weakaura here; Leech Tracking Weakaura. This weakaura doesnt have a icon, and it wont show anything if you heal yourself vs a dummy or anything, BUT when you heal in a raid, and the boss fight ends, it will announce the healing ammount in the raidchat.

Random fight i happen to have the numbers from:
    See my total healing done; 11.51Mhttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&fight=18
    The total ammount of leech healing; 2.58M https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...43924&fight=18
    Weakaura announces 2.50M healing from my trinket

So 11.51+2.50 = 14.01M total.
    2.50 / 14.01 * 100 = 17.84%
    So out of the total 14.01M healing done, the passive trinket leech did 17.84% healing !
    (I have the heroic WF trinket version)

serious question? ughg I wish I had one. Oh wait, I do! Just on the wrong toon

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhead View Post
    So 11.51+2.50 = 14.01M total.
    2.50 / 14.01 * 100 = 17.84%
    So out of the total 14.01M healing done, the passive trinket leech did 17.84% healing !
    (I have the heroic WF trinket version)
    Interesting, I'll try to calculate % healing next time. cheers!