Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why would I ever start a mission with under 75%?

8 ships. All epic. Why would I ever start a mission with under 75% if it's just gonna fail and cost me my ship but give me nothing in return?
    What's the point of shipyard if it can be completely ignored except for once every two weeks?

I keep asking myself the same question. Then I question what I'm getting out of the shipyard to begin with.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I sometimes let them sink so I get new ones, it feels good to level one again, at least you feel its progressing

Full epic fleet is boring, sink some ships so you can get XP again.

Deleted
    Because it takes barely any time or resources to build and level a new ship, the bigger limit is usually time taken or the number of ships, so having as many missions running as possible seems optimal. Not to mention even below 75% can be favorable odds and ships aren't guaranteed to sink if the mission fails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely none. 1 rare mission (failed), a dozen baleful tokens, maybe 3k gold tops, and a bunch of unnecessary xp missions over the course of a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    What's the point of shipyard if it can be completely ignored except for once every two weeks?
    Fluff to pad out the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    I sometimes let them sink so I get new ones, it feels good to level one again, at least you feel its progressing
    why the hell didnt i think of this :V

Deleted
    Even under 75% you are not safe.
    I failed a 97% legendary mission.

Because the potential rewards are better than the potential losses.

You know, business decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because the potential rewards are better than the potential losses.

You know, business decision making.
    Except... they're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    Except... they're not.
    When they are better. You obviously wouldn't do it for a lousy XP mission.

It's incredibly random. I accidentally hit the button for a mission that was 35% and it was successful. Then again, I've had them fail at over 95%. No good answer really as to what to try and what to avoid.

I got my sea charts and then proceeded to sink every one of my ships. I don't need a shitty gear handout every 2 weeks if it's from a difficulty I can already clear every week.

I just send out at random. I don't care if they sink. I'll just build another. I got 5k apexis the other day from a mission. I've received a bunch of boa 650 gear to send to alts that I've been waiting to gear up.

It's a good catch up mechanic with little effort. I have enough oil and GR to last a long time. Why not just throw them at whatever you want until get you get it. My thought is the more I do, the more likely I am to get the heirloom rings, though I haven't gotten any yet. Maybe soon.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I only really care about my rare crews and special ships... Those get 90%+ others get 70%+
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Why would I ever start a mission?
    Fixed that.

Because I have no reason to do that anymore anyway.

If you want the Captain title then you need to start sending your ships on more missions even if that means risking your epic ships.

I have no connection to my fleet so i dont give a fuck if they sink so i send them out on every mission possible so i can get that title.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Because it takes barely any time or resources to build and level a new ship, the bigger limit is usually time taken or the number of ships, so having as many missions running as possible seems optimal. Not to mention even below 75% can be favorable odds and ships aren't guaranteed to sink if the mission fails.
    Eh... maybe it's not guaranteed, but it seems the chances are fairly high. I mean, every naval mission I failed I would always have at least one ship sunk. And I failed quite a lot of naval missions already.

Fail 98% mission & lose both epic ships.
    Succeed 34% missions with random ships multiple times np.

Sometimes I throw the ships on purpose at red low % missions just to try to wreck the ships, and they still won't crash & burn.

Stop caring about the ships, just do whatevs you feel like.
    The only one you *might* want to try to do at high % is the 2 days legendary missions, or maybe some rare mission.
    Rest of the time, /care. Ships are cheap, and losing them gives me another chance to get elf ship to do those oil missions fast (the only thing I bothered to farm rep for on alts).