Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting shot in the head for trying to flee now?
    Sounds like justice!
    /endsarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floorman View Post
    Because drunk drivers hit shit? Namely, people? He should have shot his tires.
    Most drunk drivers don't hit stuff. They are a nuisance to society and should have their licence revoked, a fine and even jail time for those who are really drunk, but there is no need for any firearms to be drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why shoot anything? The police stop criminals all the time without resorting to shooting things.
    oh no expecting them to put the effort in to follow decorum was your first mistake. these are american cops we're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pulling away, talking back, walking, driving, and or running from the police shouldn't cost your life (even though you shouldn't do it). The police aren't absolute law and there is a legal system in place to handle your defiance if it's deemed criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    A human body is more than enough to stop a bullet, any amount of metal will stop a bullet,
    I hope you're being all sarcastic and nuanced about that...

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I'm no lawyer but unless they are immediate threat to a bystander I don't think that's probable cause to shoot,otherwise why even bother with high speed chase when you can just execute the suspect? Or anyone fleeing, why can't I just assume you're holding if you decide to flee?
    They don't have to be an immediate threat. For instance, a fleeing suspect who is unarmed but is a known danger and gun smuggler can be shot.

The whole fleeing danger is the defense they'll probably use and it'll probably stick given he was fleeing in a drunk car. We charge people often enough with manslaughter for drunk driving so it's not to far fetched.

I think it's a defense that shouldn't exist in instances like this since he could have just ran to his car and chase it.

I have seen other videos of police though shooting at cars after they've started fleeing who then go and get in their car and chase the suspect (obv they missed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    oh no expecting them to put the effort in to follow decorum was your first mistake. these are american cops we're talking about.
    I have no doubts that even American police can stop most criminals without shooting, presumably that is how they resolve the vast majority of traffic violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    And stray bullets hit shit too. Namely, people.
    He should have shot his tires, not the man. You'd be calling for his head if he had let a drunk drive off and hit pedestrians. I don't even know why anyone would want to be a police officer these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    No, he'd have to prove a specific instance of endangerment. They're allowed to kill to save the lives of themselves or others, but they're not allowed to kill because someone "might" endanger someone else. Unless there was an immediate danger of the man harming someone else at that instance, it wasn't a justifiable action to open fire.

Pre-crime, sweet. What if they didn't shoot, and he made it home, and they arrested him there? You can't assume everyone's a murderer. You can chase them in your car and attempt to subdue them, certainly, but executing someone because "maybe" isn't the right course of action.
    A drunk driver speeding off is an immediate danger. Or do you think that people can magically equip a fully ranked Moratorium gem from Diablo 3 and get to a hospital before the fatal damage procs from being hit by said lunatic behind the wheel?

A vehicle is a weapon just as dangerous as any gun in the hands of a drunk. Does it really take him hitting somebody head on and killing them for you to finally realize that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    I will agree with you on the excessive use of force to a point, but they didn't just walk up to the car and shoot the dude. He sped off ( which could be argued that a car is just as dangerous as a gun ) and then they shoot him.
    But you still can't shoot someone for fleeing. Kind of goes against the measures against tyrannical law in our laws and Constitution. By all means throw the book at the guy when you catch him but you can't shoot someone for being resistant.

Deleted
    What was that for a super police that hit the guy in the head in a speeding car?

"Tensing fell to the ground as he fired the shot, bruising his legs and tearing his uniform, Cincinnati police said." Why does it sound like he did some Matrix move or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    You're one of those people who wonders why cops don't shoot the weapons out of peoples hands in real life aren't you? The thing about shooting tires is that if you miss you've got a ricochet going somewhere.
    He shot him in the head. I suggest shooting the tires, and you question my logic? You're one of those people that think he should have been allowed to drive off and maybe call him on his cell and ask him to come back to fill out a report aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    A vehicle is a weapon just as dangerous as any gun in the hands of a drunk. Does it really take him hitting somebody head on and killing them for you to finally realize that?
    I presume he wasn't actually trying to kill anyone with his car, (as an objective observer, I have literally no reason to assume otherwise) somewhat unlike shooting the gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the police, your friend and helper

death sentence for not doing what cops say

sounds fair
    Cop: Allow me to trample all over your rights by illegally searching you and detaining you, then raid your house without a warrant and threaten/scare your wife and kids while damaging your valuables with no liability to me or my department or you'll get 9 bullets for resisting a police officer.

You: Yes sir. Come on in. Thank goodness we live in such a prosperous and free nation!
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I have no doubts that even American police can stop most criminals without shooting, presumably that is how they resolve the vast majority of traffic violations.
    if it was a white chick I bet they would act different.

So he was executed for driving off then? Blimey, that's some serious zero tolerance policing they've got there!
    do you know what execution means? It seems alot of you people are throwing around the term without having the faintest clue in what the fuck it means. The criminal handed the officer a bottle of alcohol then sped off knocking the officer down as he did and as the officer fired on him.

The funny part is all you armchair lawyers would have yelled at the cops if this drunk idiot had sped off and tboned a family of 4 killing all of them.

I fully expect World's Wildest Police Videos will be up in arms about this. If we just shoot people instead of chase them down for 15 minutes, they'll be out of a job.
    So you would rather the cops spend 15 minutes chasing down a drunk driver in a car that just fled from police, endgagering everyones lives that are on the road?

Resisting doesn't mean the police have the right to execute you. That's the problem in this country now.
    again you dont have a fucking clue what execute means.

No, what is wrong with this country is people like you. People thinking they can get away with anything. What would of happened if they didn't shoot and the person ending up killing someone ?
    then it would be the cops fault for not stopping him sooner, dont you know how it works.

What if the cop accidentally shot someone walking by while he's trying to shoot a moving vehicle? Collateral damage? Greater good?
    what if a meteor crashed down and killed a whole city. What if.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I presume he wasn't actually trying to kill anyone with his car, (as an objective observer, I have literally no reason to assume otherwise) somewhat unlike shooting the gun.
    all drunk drivers dont intend to hit and kill people but SUPRISE they do it all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floorman View Post
    He should have shot his tires, not the man. You'd be calling for his head if he had let a drunk drive off and hit pedestrians. I don't even know why anyone would want to be a police officer these days...
    your just like the armchair cops who ask why cops dont shoot the guns out of criminals hands. he had a split second to act as the criminal sped away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Get his license, track him down later. Not that hard. Once he realizes he's not being chased he won't be driving erratically. And nothing in the article says he was drunk driving just that he handed the officer a bottle of alcohol. He was stopped for a missing front plate not suspicion of drunk driving too.
    Track him down later when you know he was drunk and could have killed people.... ok. You do realize if you do not arrest a suspected drunk driver on the spot you have no case because you will not have any accurate BAC to use in court.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    He'd go to prison for it and we wouldn't blame the officers for not murdering anyone they believe poses a threat.
    So instead of a criminal dying in this case, we'd have an innocent bystander killed and a man in jail.

Most drunk drivers don't hit stuff.

http://dui.lifetips.com//cat/61352/d...ats/index.html

• One person is killed every half-hour due to drunk driving
    • Each year approximately 16,000 are killed in alcohol related crashes
    • Alcohol is a factor in almost half of all traffic fatalities
    • Every other minute a person is seriously injured in an alcohol related crash

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    all drunk drivers dont intend to hit and kill people but SUPRISE they do it all the time.
    And guns don't accidentally draw themselves and shoot at people.

You're essentially saying it wasn't worth the risk of letting this man live because the ran from the cops. That's not how our law works, (repeat: not how our law works, I know that's confusing for some of you guys) that's not how our police force is supposed to operate, and that's not how our system of justice is set up.

Why don't we just shoot you? It's morally and legally equivalent, and I'm sure I can think of a reason you deserve to die.

As long as we don't give a fuck about the law and rules, who cares, right?
    Last edited by Daerio; 2015-07-21 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    do you know what execution means? It seems alot of you people are throwing around the term without having the faintest clue in what the fuck it means.
    I have access to a dictionary. Thanks for your concern.