Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What's Your Gamer Motivation Profile?

Take a 5 minute online survey and get a customized report of your gaming motivations.

Take the Gamer Motivation Profile: http://apps.quanticfoundry.com/lab/10

See a sample report: http://apps.quanticfoundry.com/gamer...96668647fa4d17
    Last edited by nky335; 2015-07-23 at 03:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nky335 View Post
    Take a 5-7 survey online and get a customized report of your gaming motivations.

Take the Gamer Motivation Profile: http://apps.quanticfoundry.com/lab/10

See a sample report: http://apps.quanticfoundry.com/gamer...96668647fa4d17
    Holy shit this really improved my life. Thank you op.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a really cool survey to take

If you run into any bugs/problems or have any suggestions for the tool, let me know!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your Gaming Style : Aggressive, Spontaneous, Independent, and Creative

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of odd that I got a 39% on Story when story is probably THE biggest motivator for me by far. Especially since the description states "Gamers who score low on Story tend to find dialogue and quest descriptions to be distracting and skip through them if possible." which is pretty much exactly the opposite of me. xD Some question in there must've been really screwed the score up.

Your Gaming Style : Action-Oriented, Proficient, Driven, Social, and Deeply Immersed

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Kind of odd that I got a 39% on Story when story is probably THE biggest motivator for me by far.
    Are you interested in the lore/plot/narrative but much less interested in the characters/character development?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your Gaming Style : Action-Oriented, Proficient, Social, and Creative

15+ Year Old Account
    Very fun survey, thanks. I already play/played a lot of the titles they recommended, but it was cool to see it all laid out like that. I am the anti-GOGOGO.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    Your Gaming Style : Calm, Proficient, Relaxed, Gregarious, Deeply Immersed, and Expressive

Didn't really work for me. For example I only got 43% in challenge and they even mention Dark Souls which I absolutely love. Just because I don't care at all about putting difficulty sliders all the way up so I take more flat damage and do less flat damage doesn't mean I don't love me some challenging games like DS! Also putting discovery under creativity is probably not the best of ideas.

Your Gaming Style : Action-Oriented, Proficient, Ambitious, Competitive, Grounded, and Expressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Fascinating site itself, and it's data. Hmmm...

ADDED: Was skeptical as these surveys usually don't fit me -- this is almost mind reading. =

Your Gaming Style : Calm, Analytical, Relaxed, Independent, Deeply Immersed, and Creative

The Action Components (7%)
    Destruction (25%) (even got Battlefield right -- rented the server to play the Metro map exclusively. )
    Excitement (3%)

The Mastery Components (70%)
    Challenge (28%)
    Strategy (94%) (I'm a planner and prefer strategy games almost to a fault. I study maps!)

The Achievement Components (20%)
    Completion (58%)
    Power (7%)

The Social Components (20%)
    Competition (11%)
    Community (44%)

The Immersion Components (86%)
    Fantasy (78%) (RPG rules)
    Story (86%) (RPG rules)

The Creativity Components (85%)
    Discovery (58%) (Will adventure, but only after making sure my character is "looking good"!)
    Design (91%) (You bet I'm independent!)
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2015-07-21 at 11:54 PM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Your Gaming Style : Spontaneous, Driven, Independent, Deeply Immersed, and Creative
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Your Gaming Style : Fast-Paced, Proficient, Driven, Social, and Creative

I would have thought I'd score much higher on Immersion as that's very important to me, but everything else seems pretty spot on.

Cool survey, thanks OP!

Scored high on everything except Mastery. Seems about right.

I love lore, fun, exploration, creativity, pvp, etc but I rarely ever feel trying to "master" the game is a worthwhile pursuit.

Your Gaming Style : Action-Oriented, Analytical, Relaxed, and Creative

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nky335 View Post
    Are you interested in the lore/plot/narrative but much less interested in the characters/character development?
    Main story is a lot more important but I definitely enjoy seeing character stories if they're interesting.

That said, I tried the survey again and I think the results this time were a lot closer (story was 66%). Maybe I was just too conservative with my answers the first time through. Or maybe knowing what the possible results could be beforehand this time skewed them, haha.

Deleted
    Your Gaming Style : Calm, Proficient, Ambitious, Social, Grounded, and Creative

Well probably..

Munchkin.

Deleted

Gaming Style for Mionee: Proficient, Ambitious, Competitive, Grounded, and Inquisitive
    I like Touhou, complex RTS or simulation games, competitive Pokemon, competitive League, and being the best as I can in the niche that is soloing in WoW. Fits my games more or less well.
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2015-07-21 at 11:11 PM.