Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Were you playing Cata?
    Yep. Cata all the way.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Affliction with its current buffs, I've been playing that on Heroic Archimonde, and maintaining effective dps on all Doomfire Spirits, and Deathbringers. 60k dps + with sub 5% wipes.

I think with the current state you're going to see more and more affliction locks on certain fights since the main target damage is so important.
    Did the fight yesterday. I tried to dot everyone and their mother, focusing then on prio targets ( spirit, deathbringers), but i didnt nearly as much dps. How did you approach it? Did you keep your dots up or did you focus on drain souling the main target? Maybe some logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    Did the fight yesterday. I tried to dot everyone and their mother, focusing then on prio targets ( spirit, deathbringers), but i didnt nearly as much dps. How did you approach it? Did you keep your dots up or did you focus on drain souling the main target? Maybe some logs?
    His raid is probably garbage at switching to priority adds. I've played Affliction and Destruction on Archi, and Doomfires / Deathbringers die so quickly it's a struggle for Chaos Bolt to land, or to have dots tick for very long at all. Probably better just tunneling Archimonde if anything.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Well, i encountered the same problem. Tried to Havoc 3 shadowburn to archi, no chance, as soon as the add hit 20%, instant death, maybe one SB. Switched to Affliction, same problem, adds die to quickly, felt like not really worth dotting. Thats when you play with 3 hunters and 2 warriors. I guess ill just tunnel archi next time (despite my RL yell "Focus adds").
    Last edited by mmocf07314a97b; 2015-07-27 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    Well, i encountered the same problem. Tried to Havoc 3 shadowburn to archi, no chance, as soon as the add hit 20%, instant death, maybe one SB. Switched to Affliction, same problem, adds die to quickly, felt like not really worth dotting. Thats when you play with 3 hunters and 2 warriors. I guess ill just tunnel archi next time (despite my RL yell "Focus adds").
    I guess if your raid have plenty of people that can destroy the adds that don't live very long, the insane single target offered by Aff nowadays can be really good there. Especially if you take full advantage of Drain Soul sniping.