10+ Year Old Account

Music scrolls, worth it?

I'm.... Super bored, and I noticed there's a lot of music scrolls to collect. Has it been said that these will be used after WoD? or will I be busting my ass to get them, only to have them be used in my Garrison?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

You'll be busting your ass to get them only to have them be used in your garrison. It's possible they'll also be available if there's a 'Garrison 2.0' in the next expansion, but likely nothing beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not worth it unless you want the toy or have some specific songs you want.

Deleted
    Don't bother, it's honestly not worth the trouble. If they could be used outside of your garrison, sure, but as it stands they're just a different tune to a place where you probably want to spend as little time as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want the ach points then yes it's worth it.

Deleted
    Most of them are just a short song (3 minutes at most) that loops until you come back to the jukebox and change it yourself. I've settled on the Mulgore Plains one because it's one of the very few I can listen to for a decent amount of time without going insane. I've tried setting the BGM back to the original garrison one, but for some reason it's just the opening garrison theme stuck on a loop.

So, basically, that's the reason why the main menu themes with a decent length are raid drops.

Deleted
    The only one I would really like comes from the PVP chest sadly. So won't be getting that. Other than that its a nice feature for a bit then you forget you have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    worth it?
    The answer to this question, regardless of what "it" is, will always be: If you want it, yes. If you do not want it, no.

For me they are not worth collecting actively. I buy what I find on vendors I happen to passy by anyway (just did the old MoP PVP dailies today, found one there and bought it), but I won't be going out farming old content specifically to get some music I never listen to anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    If you want the ach points then yes it's worth it.
    This.

If you just want a change of music in your garrison, there are add-ons that let you pick anything in-game to play (anything, regardless of whether it exists in music scroll form).

The jukebox is basically an achievement point thinger and a toybox completionist thinger.

I thought the experience of getting Lament of the Highborne from UC was fun (I'm Alliance) and the ghost music was pretty cool too. Plus I really like the Grizzly Hills music. So for me, yes, it was worth it.

Jukebox was a big disappointment. It should put the music you set forever until you set another music, not reseting to the standard garrison music everytime. I just forgot it exists. Also tunes should be account-wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think it's worth it either. Get MP3's of the soundtracks, turn the music down in the game and listen that way. That's how I've been handling that for a while now. I think you'll have to stay bored.

For what it's worth I thought the selfie achievement was more fun.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I mean fi your supa rich then its worth
    Not a fan of using elo boost to rank up.
    but i prefer the tier list instead.