Deleted

New to Balance Druid - Unsatisfied with DPS

Greetings, fellow Dudus.

I've recently rerolled to Balance for our raid team, away from DK. I've been dpsing for a couple of weeks now. I don't feel like my DPS adequately befits my iLevel (690-692), and my rankings seem very disappointing. We're only a two night a week casual guild, and on Xhul attempts I got told off as our Ret Paladin beat me by 300dps and my RL said he should never, ever beat me on that fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t9B1h#fight=19. Ignore the last two attempts as our ISP decided to disconnect me and our feral (we play in the same house).

Here is from the start of our fresh clear: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...zt9B1h#fight=1

Here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hoxton/simple

Any tips anyone can give me would be great, I don't wanna get told off again :\

Thank you.

Deleted
    Well taking into account that you are new to the class and your gear is pretty much garbage you are doing just fine. Not the best performances but also not bad by any means. If you check your bracket percantege on your boss kills they are quite high. Just wait for your T18 set, better weps and council trinket and you will be alright.

The basic stuff everyone will tell you is all over this forum. Every day there are couple topics boomkin need help with dps etc..

Never cast starsurge when you still have empowerement buff, dont let your dots run out. Use starfall. Cast right spell in right ecliplse. Plan your movements ahead so you move withing GCD.
    Last edited by mmoc23e26ac9e1; 2015-07-22 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just took a quick look at your armory, I'd say you are also short on mastery. You have too much versatility and a lot of your items have multistrike. you need Master and Crit/Haste depends on your preference there.

And if that Paladin beat you on that fight it's most likely because he got lucky with procs. It could happen, but it's rare!

And one more thing, stay aware of your situation. if you keep moving for no reason you will lose a lot of dps. Make sure you anticipate and position yourself somewhere where movement will be minimized.

On Single target fights make sure you are using your empowered spells properly and not wasting them
    - Make sure you use Starsurge for Lunar but as well keep a starsurge for solar in your cycle. You get to 3 SS stacks - use one never cap. It's a dps loss
    - watch your dots and don't over refresh

On multi target fights, dot the add that will last and keep starfall up. If the adds die instantly then no use wasting a starfall - use a single target approach.

Make sure you align your CD's with Hero if it's being used on the pull and you can also do so while waiting for certain adds to spawn like on Iskar for example. Multi dotting + pot + hero will make you jump those meters and beat that pala
    Last edited by Talisman; 2015-07-22 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you very much guys. Is there anything glaring from the logs? I'm a little worried on Council, I think I was using starfall far too much and it totally gimped my dps but I'm probably wrong, and I forgot to put the starfall glyph back on for iskar (

Quote Originally Posted by FAWLKS View Post
    Thank you very much guys. Is there anything glaring from the logs? I'm a little worried on Council, I think I was using starfall far too much and it totally gimped my dps but I'm probably wrong, and I forgot to put the starfall glyph back on for iskar (
    For the most part it looks ok. Council is actually a good fight to use starfall on. Starfall is always a dps gain at 3 targets or more. (Its a dps gain on 2 targets sometimes - depending on gear and where in the eclipse cycle you are)

Its especially good when blademaster mirror images come out - if anything you should have used it more (you had 15 casts 419 hits, - on my kill which was bout the same duration (20 sec longer) i had 21 casts 608 hits) - big gap with no starfall in the first 42 secs; shoot I hit that thing right after pull and tanks just have to make sure they get a hit in right away - then again i can shadowmeld as an emergency :P

Looks like you also weren't multidotting as much as you could. You had only bout 75-78% dot uptime on Gurtogg and Blademaster, but only 41% moonfire uptime on Dia, and only 30% sunfire uptime on Dia. Getting those uptimes higher will definitely up your damage/dps on council.

Not a dps issue per say, but you only used nature's vigil twice, when you could've used it 4 times. Its free healing for the raid so may as well try to use it more.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-07-22 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you so much Keiyra that helps a ton!