Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Geek Gamer Girls: Who Are They and Why to Date Them?

Geeky gamers are by far the best girls to date. Not only can I take her out for a meal and fee like I am with a cool girl but she also can beat me at my own games!

[MOD SNIP]

Infracted for advertising.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2015-07-23 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Also, they don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Unorcening View Post
    Also, they don't exist.
    What? o.O It's like you are claiming dolphins don't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You're a corgi, you don't count.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    You're a corgi, you don't count.
    Well that's blatantly false. Corgis count the mostest

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that's blatantly false. Corgis count the mostest
    That sounds about right.

Also like to pint out there's a big difference between "there aren't any girls good at video games" and "the girls that I play with wouldn't want to date me"
    Last edited by GodlyBob; 2015-07-23 at 08:09 PM.

Deleted
    I love how they pretend that every girl that plays game is perfect and doesn't act like your every day girly girl. All girls have their typical girl moments just as guys have theirs...

I prefer my wife in all her video-game hating glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know, i haven't seen ANY dolphins irl in, like, over a decade! i believe that means they all died out...

rip geek gamer dolphins q_q

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest it's hard to find any girl that really plays games like I do since I only really play video games competitively at this point. Most don't nearly take it as seriously as me so it's even hard to relate to one that does play video games at this point.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a woman who mods, games and geeks out over stuff like the Fallout 4 announcement... and yet, I hate the whole concept of 'gamer girlz' with a passion, just as I hate any attempts at defining gaming as a male thing.

You're either a gamer, or you're not. Gender doesn't have a damn thing to do with sitting on your ass and pushing buttons or moving a mouse around.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Try being an older guy (I am 36) that looks for a lady around my age that also is into gaming (I didnt say gamer girl lol). Admitting I am in my 30's and a gamer, is dating suicide it seems. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm a woman who mods, games and geeks out over stuff like the Fallout 4 announcement... and yet, I hate the whole concept of 'gamer girlz' with a passion, just as I hate any attempts at defining gaming as a male thing.

You're either a gamer, or you're not. Gender doesn't have a damn thing to do with sitting on your ass and pushing buttons or moving a mouse around.
    You. I like you, like-minded person.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

I can agree with this. I hate that so many people want to staple gender to gaming. I've been gaming since the age of arcades and platforming. The first game that I seriously geeked out over was Wizardry on the Apple II. I had to write all of the important dialog, character statistics, and maps out on a composition book since it was one of the first RPG games out and it was entirely text-based.

As for where they are... playing games, I suppose. A lot of people are quick to dismiss a girl playing games, that and many women don't like to harp that they're female online since it carries a nasty stigma still. Even for me and WoW, I ended up playing a male character early in WoW during classic/vanilla and TBC to raid since most realms only really had 2-3 seriously hardcore guilds that raided the top-end content that I wanted to do and avoid all the stupid gender drama.

So, gamer girls are around, they come in a variety of shapes, sizes, types, personalities, and ages. Most people generally don't notice, though.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Rynin View Post
    Admitting I am in my 30's and a gamer, is dating suicide it seems.
    This. 31 and any nerdy hobbies (gaming, anime, comic books, etc.) seems to be a deal breaker. Obviously not the case for everyone, but not much luck for me.

On topic - lady gamers do exist though. Some of the stronger raiders I've even played with have been women.
    Last edited by Kristya; 2015-10-09 at 06:53 PM.

Ive only come into contact with a few of them. Most of them were fat and had facial hair.

I was going to reply just to the thread title, then saw it was just a spammy advert post and now I don't have anything to contribute except you date us because you like spending a lot of time doing the thing we like spending a lot of time doing and so we spend time together and that's good for a relationship

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagura View Post
    This. 31 and any nerdy hobbies (gaming, anime, comic books, etc.) seems to be a deal breaker. Obviously not the case for everyone, but not much luck for me.

On topic - lady gamers do exist though. Some of the stronger raiders I've even played with have been women.
    Right there with ya, games, anime, manga and legos seem to uh be a problem when you're in your 30s.

I think gamer girls and girls who game are two completely different types of people. I much prefer those who game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynin View Post
    Try being an older guy (I am 36) that looks for a lady around my age that also is into gaming (I didnt say gamer girl lol). Admitting I am in my 30's and a gamer, is dating suicide it seems. LOL
    I feel the same. And I'm even 5 years younger.
    Dates go well actually. I don't talk about video games except mentioning that I like video games. But none of my girlfriends were gamers (except one who played some multi-player tetris and Facebook games all the time, none of it counts as gaming).
    I got a lot more interests than video games, but I do sometimes sit 6 hours in front of my screen yelling at Russians and it always annoyed the crap out of them (both Russians and exes).

Also, being 31, most women around my age are looking for the real deal, which is great, but then they start talking about kids and I'm like "fuck that, I'm out of here". I guess it's the biological clock ticking, so a 30 year old woman is ready for children. Men that age are not. Unless you're crazy.
    So that leaves either much younger women or older who are more tolerant. And I have tried both.
    All I can say, if you can put up with Snapchat and similar shit, go for them teens. They have grown up with video games and are easily impressed. And don't want kids.

Dating suicide is a bit strong . . . many guys who use this excuse are in their 30's and still working retail or living with their parents. If you are living a successful and productive life outside of your hobby it's really not any harder to get a date if you're a gamer than not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.