Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nergul View Post
    Arthas and the Culling of Stratholme has got to put him high on the list.
    Out of curiosity, what would you have done if you was in his shoes?

OT: Garrosh, he did have some good moments, ie, getting pissed off over the bombing of that small town in... Stonetalon, was it? But yeah, he's still a colossal dickweed
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    We should ask advice of rule 34, they surely knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    The dick part was that Arthas made no attempt to save those who still might not be tainted. He was arrogant and overly self righterous. I saw one solution that would have worked for Strath: Arthas holds back the undead/demons. Uther takes people and goes into the city and saves who he can. Jaina holds the fort and culls those who turn.
    It was an atypical quarantine situation, to contain the outbreak at any cost, every last person in the city might have been infected.

Arthas had essentially two choices save some, which might be infected but don't show symptoms yet and potentially kill tens of thousands, or kill them all to make sure it doesn't spread. He chose to play it safe.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2015-07-22 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    Deffo mine

My first thought was Garrosh. But...as much of a dick as Garrosh was, he doesn't even compare to Gul'dan. At least Ner'zhul had to be tricked. Gul'dan knew full well what Kil'jaeden's plans meant for his people (and for his entire world), and he willingly went along with it for his own personal gain.

I can't recall a point in Warcraft lore when Gul'dan wasn't a dick.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-07-22 at 01:40 PM.

The dick part was that Arthas made no attempt to save those who still might not be tainted. He was arrogant and overly self righterous. I saw one solution that would have worked for Strath: Arthas holds back the undead/demons. Uther takes people and goes into the city and saves who he can. Jaina holds the fort and culls those who turn.
    Once you get infected with the plague there is nothing to save you, you can either die as human and prevent the plague from turning you into a zombie or you can die from plague become a zombie and slaughter people, Arthas didnt have the manpower to hold all those undead/demons and even the quest in Wotlk proved that plague is uncurable where not even Naaru can do anything about it but just save the soul of being infected with it.

Arthas action in Stratholme was considered Chaotic Good, Uther being the old fart he is didnt see the big picture of the situation and acted like a senile old man
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Arthas action in Stratholme was considered Chaotic Good, Uther being the old fart he is didnt see the big picture of the situation and acted like a senile old man
    Yeah, I agree. With what knowledge Arthas had at the time, he made the right call. Personally, if I were infected with something like that with zero hope of being cured, I'd want someone to put me out of my misery.

Although...I think the main problem Jaina and Uther had was the idea that maybe not everyone in Stratholme was infected. Arthas just wanted to do a "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" thing. I don't think Uther would've had a problem killing people who were confirmed infected. But then Arthas may not have had the manpower or the time to discriminate either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Lol, dude it's definitely Gul'dan or Medhiv.
    Well Medihv isn't much of a dick, in most of the times he was corrupted or influenced so... i will go with Garrosh

Deleted
    probably Sargeras, he seems to be the biggest humanoid

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Yeah, I agree. With what knowledge Arthas had at the time, he made the right call. Personally, if I were infected with something like that with zero hope of being cured, I'd want someone to put me out of my misery.

Although...I think the main problem Jaina and Uther had was the idea that maybe not everyone in Stratholme was infected. Arthas just wanted to do a "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" thing. I don't think Uther would've had a problem killing people who were confirmed infected. But then Arthas may not have had the manpower or the time to discriminate either.
    problem with the situation was that Arthas experienced the whole thing and knew it was only a matter of time before those people turn into zombies, Uther didnt believe him and thought he was mad despite having 0 contact with undead and cult of the damned, time was running against them and Arthas made the right call while Uther just wanted to wait and see what happens which would just accelerate the fall of Lordaeron
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Arthas was okay until he slept with Jaina, Kael'thas was okay until he slept with Jaina, Garrosh was okay until he destroyed Theramore.

So the moral of the story is don't **** with Jaina :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    problem with the situation was that Arthas experienced the whole thing and knew it was only a matter of time before those people turn into zombies, Uther didnt believe him and thought he was mad despite having 0 contact with undead and cult of the damned, time was running against them and Arthas made the right call while Uther just wanted to wait and see what happens which would just accelerate the fall of Lordaeron
    While it may have shown Arthas to be a good, albiet, impulsive leader, it also showed him to be a terrible Paladin, as he lacked totally in compassion. There may have been other avenues to go, but he jumped straight to the only thing he had tried. They would have quarantined the city, they could have done more to try and save civilians rather than assume they were all going to turn. It may have meant the death of soldiers and loss of life, but part of what Uther and Arthas do (and their soldiers), is sacrifice.

And thats why Arthas was a dick. He was being arrogant, impulsive, spat on his friend and mentor, and failed to follow the chain of command in the most weasely way possible.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2015-07-22 at 02:07 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There may have been other avenues to go, but he jumped straight to the only thing he had tried. They would have quarantined the city, they could have done more to try and save civilians rather than assume they were all going to turn. It may have meant the death of soldiers and loss of life, but part of what Uther and Arthas do (and their soldiers), is sacrifice.
    The is a difference between a highly infectious plague that can kill a city, and a highly infectious plague that can turn a city into an undead army, Arthas made the right call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Thalen Songweaver - a true elf and a real horde hero.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Arthas was okay until he slept with Jaina, Kael'thas was okay until he slept with Jaina, Garrosh was okay until he destroyed Theramore.
    So the moral of the story is don't **** with Jaina :P
    I don't think Kael'thas ever actually got to sleep with Jaina. Death Knight Arthas even taunted him with "LOL I GOT TO TAP DAT AND U DIDN'T LOSER" lines while they were fighting 1v1.

Who is the biggest character in WoW? One of the titans? Sargeras probably has the biggest dick.

Deleted
    If you meant being a dick? Probably the entire wold of warcraft playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Garrosh is obvious but he is kind of villain ..
    Garrosh was always a dick, even when he was just the whiny guy who was supposed to be in charge of Nagrand but his feelings about his father outweighed his massive responsibilities.

Deleted
    Garrosh = Garithos > Grommash Hellscream > Sylvanas > Azshara.

Ofcourse not counting demons and old gods and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Malfurion, Nordrassil's size is to scale.
    He calls him "Mr. Twig".