Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Man, I'm 32 and still trying to figure stuff out. But you know what? I'm happy.

That last bit is the important part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    This is pretty typical of most "adults" I come into contact with. Most of us still think we're in high school. It does not speak well for the future of humanity. Thank goodness I don't have children and won't live forever.
    Doesn't matter. All that matters is if you're happy or not. You live for yourself, you don't live for society's unwritten rules. If you're happy with who you are, then you already won, doesn't matter what you are and what you do.

Remember, you're only a loser if you want to be more but not wanting to put in the effort to get there.
    Last edited by mmocc7dfdf7f37; 2015-07-22 at 04:48 PM.

I worried about the same shit when I was your age, and I was behind my peers. I'm now near 40.

Chances are those girls you're talking too might be with men some years older who are more established in their careers. IMO the key to enjoying life is being agile- not becoming so encumbered with debt(mortgages, credit cards, child/spousal support) that you desperately need your current job so much. Fuck the luxuries like big SUVs and huge houses. Life will throw all kinds of change at a person, and it's important that one can adjust their sails.

Those people I wanted to keep up with? Some of them have kids and are working on their 2nd or 3rd marriage. I'm still on my 1st, albeit for only 5 years...but hey I look back and I think I achieved alot of valuable self discovery during that time.

My advice is you got one life, and don't waste a second of it trying to keep up in the rat race or live up to someone else's bullshit expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Who the fuck cares what other people are doing?
    This, essentially.

Also, delete facebook and such, most of it is bullshit that people try to show off to others, all it leads to is self doubt and feeling like you are behind

Deleted
    I'm in my early/mid-20's, people are getting married left and right. Babies everywhere. Sometimes it really bothers me, but then I've always been pretty late with a lot of things, and I wouldn't want children at this point anyway. It's okay if you don't have the experiences others have. It's much easier said than done, but comparing yourselves to others isn't always healthy.
    I've been asked about my plans to have kids by my dad's first wife when I was 19. NINE-TEEN for crying out loud, of course she's a completely different generation, but these things aren't what we all go through at the exact same age, and that is okay.