Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Raymond Feist Magician Series.. spans like 30 books total if you want the whole series.. or just the first 4 are fine.
    http://www.amazon.com/Magician-Appre...=raymond+feist

Wheel of Time by Robert Jordon
    http://www.amazon.com/Eye-World-Whee...=wheel+of+time

Codex Alera (roman themed, magic with elementals)
    http://www.amazon.com/Furies-Caldero...er+codex+alera

Seventh sword series (one of my all time favorites)
    http://www.amazon.com/Furies-Caldero...er+codex+alera

Deleted
    You might like the Iron Druid Chronicles, by Kevin Hearne. The first chapter or two of his first book, Hounded, are free for preview up on Amazon.

It follows the last surviving Druid (after they were wiped to extinction during the Christian-isation during the Roman eras) as he goes about his business in today's modern world. You don't survive for 2000 years without being really clever, and the writer does a good job of making the character seem very sharp.
    It touches on most mythologies in today's world, be it from the Fae realms from Gaelic mythology, Greek/Roman mythos, Norse lore, and with visitations into Hindu, Christianity, Pagan and Slavic areas as well.

It's a great read if you don't mind stories that follow characters through the plots. Occasionally (rarely) it's guilty of the writer's self-projection where he kinda blows his own horn a little, but a great majority of it is captivating and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    If you want some fantasy with humor, check out Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, where the laws of reason are suspect and ridiculousness may be the answer to the problem. Pratchett plays with tropes and their absurdity at times. Only specific that comes to mind is firing an arrow with a rope to hit a difficult target is made EASIER if you take a few extra steps back and blindfold yourself. The hero always makes the impossible shot, not the difficult one, after all!
    This is expressed as the law "one-in-a-million chances crop up nine times out of ten."

Whist talking about Pratchett, he has (with Neil Gaiman) the excellent "Good Omens" featuring heaven, hell, the antichrist and the four apocalyptic horse-persons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly off from what OP asked for, but take a look at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Omens

I'd heartily recommend any of Pratchett's stuff, but they do come with a generous dose of humor that may not appeal to those seeking a more dramatic read. Consider starting later in the series with Night Watch, when he has ironed out more of his setting, then go back and fill in.

Perhaps mildly interesting although not precisely a novel of angels and demons: Glenn Cook's Black Company

Edit: Too slow. I'm glad to see that others beat me to to the draw while I was checking things.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2015-07-23 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Slow on the draw
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    +1 to The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. A very long and good series.

My absolute favorite among favorites though, is the Deverry Cycle by Katharine Kerr. ( I can't pose links, but Wikipedia has some info. ) Medieval, fantasy, magic, incarnation. The series follows a bunch of characters through multiple incarnations that occur over hundreds of years. There is a lot of jumping around, though; the books aren't linear. There are many flashbacks, and sometimes you can be a bit confused and might have to go back and reread parts. To me, though, it's worth it. I have loved this series since I was 12; I originally picked up one of the books at a used bookstore because it had a dragon on the cover, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    For the second, I'll recomend tre Mistborn trilogy from Brandon Sanderson
    This. If you like fantasy novels and haven't read Sanderson's stuff yet, you need to. It is absolutely top notch. His worlds, and characters, and storylines are just fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Are there any novels about Heaven vs. Hell? Angels vs. demons, maybe from one of their perspectives?
    Just finished reading Son of the Morning - it's alternate reality where Angels and Demons exist on Earth and take active roles within it, but with the twist that God is Evil and Lucifer is good. Really, really well written but quite long and could be tough to get into.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

In elementary school, I really liked the Prince Caspian series, until The Silver Chair (awful). The Magician's Nephew, prequel to the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe was great.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magician%27s_Nephew

I also liked a Wrinkle in Time.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    First and back 5 books? Could you please tell me what they're called? I only know of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, books, and the lost books including: woundhealer, sightblinder, stonecutter, farslayer, coinspinner, mindsword, wayfinder, and shieldbreaker. What am I missing?

I thought Face of Apollo dragged on, the next one was worse.
    I seem to be thinking there were 5 'first' books and then 5 lost books. And thats about all I remember from that series, so I guess my answer is 'forgettable'.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I seem to be thinking there were 5 'first' books and then 5 lost books. And thats about all I remember from that series, so I guess my answer is 'forgettable'.
    I gotta say, I totally misunderstood the settings the first time around. I started reading book 3 (from a garage sale) in grade 7.

If you want something light but can still tickle your imagination when you're reading it I suggest Harry Potter. Lord of the Rings is a good fiction also but I had a hard time understanding some words especially elven words and stuff.