Blood tank opening

Hi there
    I was thinking of making a DK for the purpose of tanking. While gathering information on skills/talents/glyphs I came across a question which may sound a little silly for the experts among you but I could not find a straight answer anywhere.
    If i understood correctly, the general consensus is utilizing a glyphed outbreak for plague leech synergy. My problem with this is that the glyph puts a runic power cost on outbreak, meaning that it can't be used as an opener. Therefore, all of you tanks keep icy touch and plague strike in your bars for the sole purpose of using them once at the start of every fight or is there something I'm missing?

Disease damage isn't so important that you need to apply diseases before doing anything else.
    I don't keep IT or PS on my bar.

My typical opener is:
    BB (snap aggro at range) > DS > Outbreak > BB > DS
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2015-07-22 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I taunt on pull generally, 300% threat and the mob is stuck on you till you have threat gen.

Taunting priority target in an aoe pack, if no priority target either taunt to make one (it'll run to you a split second earlier - people go for it) or just bb first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

So, just ignore the disease generators apart from outbreak. Thank you very much for your answers

If you want to run the outbreak glyph then what you can do is army @ 5seconds, i usually always taunt the boss on pull then DRW > deathstrike > outbreak > bloodboil > deathstrike >dump rp.

Shitty glyph btw if there's more than 2 targets never run it u can always plague leech and bloodboil the dots back from the 2nd target.

Quote Originally Posted by Flabberly View Post
    So, just ignore the disease generators apart from outbreak.
    Do note that if your using DRW in your opener that from what I can tell (please correct me if I'm wrong more experienced DKs) using Outbreak will not cause your weapon to put the DoTs on the target (you have to cast IT/PS for the weapon to apply the disease).

DRW does apply diseases when you outbreak you can also not use drw on pull its mostly just for a dps gain