Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're even thinking about declawing your cat, then a cat is definitely not the right pet for you.

Maybe you should get a Tamagotchi?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

i really advise against getting a cat de-clawed. I did once and never will again, because it changes their personality. She started swearing (hissing) at everything once that was done - even things that previously didn't bother her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You also have to spay and(or) neuter cats. Otherwise they spray/mark - males marking territory and females spraying when in heat.
    You don't want an uneutered male cat in the house it's disgusting.

Don't do it, cats give you parasites that can cause miscarriages (if you're a woman).

Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Cat owner here for 20 years, a few tips:

- Do not declaw. Provide a scratching post and put some catnip around it - your cat will scratch that instead.
    - Cats are born knowing how to swim, you don't need to worry about it drowning in the pool.
    - If the cat is used to being outside, keeping it indoors against its will equals to torture. You can either spend time outside with it or get a collar attached to something in the yard if you don't want to let it out by itself.
    - Contrary to dogs, cats have different body language. Wagging of a tail can mean it is irritated. If it is on its back, be careful about touching its belly. It's a 'weak area' which it will defend reflexively.
    - Cats are free spirits by nature, self-sufficient and do not smell unlike dogs. Do not treat it like a child, but rather an animal companion.
    - If you find mosquitos or other insects inside, show it. It will take care of them for you.
    - A lot of cats like being stroked on the head/neck as it cannot reach those places well on its own. Build a relationship.
    - Neuter the cat. Otherwise it might shout "YAUUUUU!" during the nights wanting to get laid.
    - Normally, you don't need to do anything else than to show it where the litter is. It will know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    hmm. is there anyway to prevent such a scenario? like train the cat or something. sorry if my questions sound dumb i've never owned a cat.
    Don't get a cat? You are looking for a stuffed toy, not an animal.